Real Colorado Girls going back to ECNL

Sounds like they finally got what they wanted. Having two ECNL teams is better than 1 DA team any way you slice it. The part about getting two teams in the PR was in bold in case anyone missed it. :)

Does anyone know if/why SD Surf was not offered two ECNL teams two years ago?

Sounds like they finally got what they wanted. Having two ECNL teams is better than 1 DA team any way you slice it. The part about getting two teams in the PR was in bold in case anyone missed it. :)

Does anyone know if/why SD Surf was not offered two ECNL teams two years ago?
Either they weren't good negotiators ;) or ECNL didn't want to further dilute the landscape in SoCal...Just my two cents

UFA leaving puts TopHat with even worse travel situation, they already have to rely on inter-regional games to get any competition. Meanwhile Concorde Fire is 15 minutes away. If TH flips to ECNL then GDA in the SE is basically dead.

No idea what this means for SoCal, possibly nothing, but GDA everywhere else in the country is deteriorating quickly. You guys have bad traffic, but are blessed to have so many solid clubs a slow car ride away. This virus stuff is really going to get the rest of the country thinking twice about the ridiculous travel needed to support two top leagues.

Dude that runs Courage, with the benefit of hindsight... https://www.soccerwire.com/news/pau...er-girls-development-academy-was-unnecessary/

UFA leaving puts TopHat with even worse travel situation, they already have to rely on inter-regional games to get any competition. Meanwhile Concorde Fire is 15 minutes away. If TH flips to ECNL then GDA in the SE is basically dead.

No idea what this means for SoCal, possibly nothing, but GDA everywhere else in the country is deteriorating quickly. You guys have bad traffic, but are blessed to have so many solid clubs a slow car ride away. This virus stuff is really going to get the rest of the country thinking twice about the ridiculous travel needed to support two top leagues.

Dude that runs Courage, with the benefit of hindsight... https://www.soccerwire.com/news/pau...er-girls-development-academy-was-unnecessary/
It was 100% unnecessary and had a negative impact on the majority of the parents, colleges, clubs and players in this country. For my family, it was horrible experience. A nightmare that never ended for my soul and my bottom line, my bank account. The fear that was preached to me was real. Yes, some benefited from an unnecessary push to get what they wanted, to make one league better than the other. I guess SoCal can run a special socal GDA league and then maybe have less GDA around the country for those who want development over playing in true competitive games. Let the games begin for the Gammers :) This is all going to work itself out. A pause button was in order imho.

Later on in the episode, Riley shares his belief that the youth soccer players in the U.S. are suffering developmentally and “the main thing is getting all the best players back together again, and getting them playing more against each other. And I think both of those things right now are not happening.” He almost feels that a third top flight league could be the answer, stating that “we need to get all the better clubs back together again. And need to get the better kids back together. And we need to do more for them.”

How would Riley or any top coach define "Best players?" "Better Kids?" "Better Clubs?" Some clubs have shown 100% that they can take average players and make them world class in a few years. Anything is possible when one sets their mind to something they really want. This is what's so hard about soccer and how one judges the talent in soccer. Maybe you have the players who are better than the best players all play against each other? Or have both the best players and the better of the best players all stay together and see who is the best of the best players? One thing I love about track and the 100 meters, time is the judge, not what one human thinks over another. Can you imagine being in the top three time wise in track and then have the coach tell the #2 top time runner they didn;t make the squad because they feel they can develop the #5 fastest runner to a better time in the future? I would love to hear about that story if their is one. It's a lot more subjective with picking your soccer team of 18. BTW, my dd was in the lead first 25 meters in every track race last year in the varsity 100. However, she couldn't keep that speed and the other girls who had longer legs and were faster longer would win the race every time. I could pay thousands to a private runner coach who could maybe help her out with .3 or .4 improvement but genetics in this race was a no brainer. It's ok, that's life :)

USSF knows GDA is in a death spiral, but the optics of eliminating the girls side in the midst of the WNT class action disaster make it impossible. Realistically, it has few options. First, it can kick the can down the road by letting GDA slowly bleed out over the next 18 months, and then blame a woman (Cindy Parlow) for causing the final collapse. Second, it can negotiate terms of surrender but try to save face by paying ECNL a lot of money to label it a “merger” and avoid the PR nightmare of “discriminating” against women again by eliminating the girls program but keeping the boys. Third, it can eliminate both Academies and save soccer in America for both genders. Fourth, it could turn things around by putting a ton of money into the program - namely by paying all player club fees and travel costs - instead of crushing the remaining clubs and their customers under the overwhelming weight of the program costs that it has always foisted onto others. We all know USSF’s complete incompetence, cheapskate attitude and misogynistic hubris probably makes option 1 inevitable.

Feel free to chime in GDA Mafia if there are any of you left, and you still think USSF will make soccer great in America again.

USSF knows GDA is in a death spiral, but the optics of eliminating the girls side in the midst of the WNT class action disaster make it impossible. Realistically, it has few options. First, it can kick the can down the road by letting GDA slowly bleed out over the next 18 months, and then blame a woman (Cindy Parlow) for causing the final collapse. Second, it can negotiate terms of surrender but try to save face by paying ECNL a lot of money to label it a “merger” and avoid the PR nightmare of “discriminating” against women again by eliminating the girls program but keeping the boys. Third, it can eliminate both Academies and save soccer in America for both genders. Fourth, it could turn things around by putting a ton of money into the program - namely by paying all player club fees and travel costs - instead of crushing the remaining clubs and their customers under the overwhelming weight of the program costs that it has always foisted onto others. We all know USSF’s complete incompetence, cheapskate attitude and misogynistic hubris probably makes option 1 inevitable.

Feel free to chime in GDA Mafia if there are any of you left, and you still think USSF will make soccer great in America again.
Welcome to the fabulous socal soccer forum @EOTL. Where you hail from? I like your 4 options. Option #1 was preached to me and my dd, and we converted to the GDA and this new philosophy coming out of the Netherlands because of option #1. I sold my soul to the girls being trained like the boys. Yelling, screaming, winning at all cost and so on. In fact, I was sold 100% that the girls will be trained and developed just like the boys DA. Her old team was taught the boys way. I will conclude that I predicted the failure of the GDA. The GDA "end of the line" was easy to predict. The GDA boat was going the wrong way and I even warned a few pals to get off the boat. Nothing what we experienced in the GDA could last long. No way!!! We love our dd too much to let a few men treat them like you know what. Maybe a merger is the best way to fix this?

I think US Soccer can solve it by dissolving the DA and transitioning into a model that any US labeled DA teams have to be affiliated with a pro team. So the mls teams would keep their youth da teams and if any nwsl teams wanted to fund and front a girls DA they could (they won’t and da for girls will end). Da should be mls run anyways as there is miles of difference between boys mls DA teams and non mls. The girls had a great system with ecnl. DA solved nothing on the girls side.

I think US Soccer can solve it by dissolving the DA and transitioning into a model that any US labeled DA teams have to be affiliated with a pro team. So the mls teams would keep their youth da teams and if any nwsl teams wanted to fund and front a girls DA they could (they won’t and da for girls will end). Da should be mls run anyways as there is miles of difference between boys mls DA teams and non mls. The girls had a great system with ecnl. DA solved nothing on the girls side.
Except for some geographic disparities in SoCal which is why it was more “successful”, for lack of a better term, here.

I believe this all happened because ecnl had a monopoly on the elite circuit and would block certain clubs from being allowed to join (politics). DA created competition and now ecnl can’t be as picky and has to offer two teams to certain clubs which they never did before. If ecnl would have allowed all the elite clubs to play and made a set of criteria they had to meet to join, don’t think DA would have ever been created. However, DA came in and really put together a competitive league for Socal. This rivalry will continue on and every year teams will switch and there will be something new. Neither is going away in the near future.

I believe this all happened because ecnl had a monopoly on the elite circuit and would block certain clubs from being allowed to join (politics). DA created competition and now ecnl can’t be as picky and has to offer two teams to certain clubs which they never did before. If ecnl would have allowed all the elite clubs to play and made a set of criteria they had to meet to join, don’t think DA would have ever been created. However, DA came in and really put together a competitive league for Socal. This rivalry will continue on and every year teams will switch and there will be something new. Neither is going away in the near future.
What does monopoly mean?
Definition of 'Monopoly' Definition: A market structure characterized by a single seller, selling a unique product in the market. In a monopoly market, the seller faces no competition, as he is the sole seller of goods with no close substitute. ... He enjoys the power of setting the price for his goods.

Monopoly? How so? Look what the two clubs who kept getting denied have done. This was business war and we were all got in the middle of the lies. Surf and Blues are still the top dogs brand wise. Let's see what they do for 2020-2021.

What does monopoly mean?
Definition of 'Monopoly' Definition: A market structure characterized by a single seller, selling a unique product in the market. In a monopoly market, the seller faces no competition, as he is the sole seller of goods with no close substitute. ... He enjoys the power of setting the price for his goods.

Monopoly? How so? Look what the two clubs who kept getting denied have done. This was business war and we were all got in the middle of the lies. Surf and Blues are still the top dogs brand wise. Let's see what they do for 2020-2021.
9 members monopolized SoCal

Back