Re-entry

Further thoughts -- some have claimed that the no-re-entry rule is valuable because it exposes players to what they will experience at the elite levels. With about 90 teams (looking at the older boys clubs here), there might be 2 to 4 players on a typical DA club roster of 20 or so who have any hope of being called up to National teams at any age. So let the team declare who those players are on the game roster - those few are limited to no re-entry, and the coach can do what he likes with the rest of the squad, including pulling them off for a short time for rest, possible injury analysis, or explanation of their errors as needed, without limits to their re-entry rights.
If have thought something along similar lines. Let the "stars" be the ones who don't get pulled. Let the rest of the team get more game time experiences to develop.

After all virtually none on these teams are going to end up playing on the national team, but a large percentage will play in college. And to be honest most players/parents look at DA as a way to play college soccer.

If have thought something along similar lines. Let the "stars" be the ones who don't get pulled. Let the rest of the team get more game time experiences to develop.

After all virtually none on these teams are going to end up playing on the national team, but a large percentage will play in college. And to be honest most players/parents look at DA as a way to play college soccer.

Not only that, but throwing in waves of "lesser" players will be better training for the full-timers.

Then they will just have to deal with the parents who realize their kid is on the 1.5th team.

If most players/parents look at DA as a just a way to play college I respectfully submit that there’s a problem with their underachieving mentality. All players in DA should strive to make the NT too.

College players are allowed 1 re-entry per game. Unlimited amount of players can be subbed.

We really should be striving towards that for most players. Especially female.

College players are allowed 1 re-entry per game. Unlimited amount of players can be subbed.

We really should be striving towards that for most players. Especially female.

The last time I cared to check the rules, it is no re-entry in the first half, one re-entry in the second half and one re-entry in second overtime period (should one occur) and the slate is wiped clean at halftime and the beginning of overtime periods, so players who have come off can start the period as if they had been there all along.

coach can do what he likes with the rest of the squad, including pulling them off for a short time for rest, possible injury analysis, or explanation of their errors as needed, without limits to their re-entry rights.

That’s naive. Under these rules the end of the bench will never start. When they do get in and make several mistakes the coach will yank them for a starter. The end of the bench plays in fear mode. No re-entry and guarantee 25% starts for all means meaningful minutes without the fear of being yanked out of the game.

That’s naive. Under these rules the end of the bench will never start. When they do get in and make several mistakes the coach will yank them for a starter. The end of the bench plays in fear mode. No re-entry and guarantee 25% starts for all means meaningful minutes without the fear of being yanked out of the game.

Under the more liberalized rules I have proposed, a coach could sub the end of the bench player for one of the stars a without worrying that he would be stuck with that player until the final whistle since he could put the star back in whenever he wanted to.

Under the more liberalized rules I have proposed, a coach could sub the end of the bench player for one of the stars a without worrying that he would be stuck with that player until the final whistle since he could put the star back in whenever he wanted to.

Yep like in 5 minutes when the bench player makes a mistake. Under DA rules that bench player is starting at least 25% of the time and is likely going 60 min plus since the coach only has a few subs.

Yep like in 5 minutes when the bench player makes a mistake. Under DA rules that bench player is starting at least 25% of the time and is likely going 60 min plus since the coach only has a few subs.

If the player makes a mistake, the coach can pull him out, show him on paper or a greaseboard what he should have done, and put him back in. Good coaches not limited by the DA restrictions do that now.

I said this somewhere else here before.
But more liberal sub rules also let you ease back a player who is coming off of an injury (minor or major).

I said this somewhere else here before.
But more liberal sub rules also let you ease back a player who is coming off of an injury (minor or major).

It allows a player to be removed from the game for evaluation of a possible concussion, for covering up a bleeding cut, or to recover from a cramp, and then put him back in later as appropriate.

As you know, the problems caused by your ongoing poor advice often must be solved by orthopedic surgeons.

For those that don’t know the situation, my dd had acl and meniscus surgery 5 months ago. This asshole, the most despicable piece of trash, scum of the earth just said this! He doesn’t even have kids playing soccer anymore. This is about the lowest thing I have seen posted. This guy needs to be shamed off this server!

Exactly

Back