Re-entry

Back to that word “development “...I could be wrong (certainly have been plenty of times before) but I think pro evaluators, coaches, doc’s, guys and gals who run private training programs, national team scouts, etc. all can recognize pretty quickly whether a player has the foot speed, coordination and raw tools to make it. Grit, drive, ball skills might take more time for them to assess, but the physical tools are either there or they’re not.

I’m talking post-pubescent not 10 or even 15year olds..

Am I right? Or not?
Not.

If it were easy to predict development, college coaches would never waste scholarship money on people who turn out to be practice squad players.

Yeah I see your point. I’m thinking of something the parents of a top German Academy player said to me...that the doc knows that so and so is not fast enough to ever make it but they keep her on false hopes.

Is that happening here in the US too? I say yes.

The college roster question is something they don’t deal with at all in Europe...

Yeah I see your point. I’m thinking of something the parents of a top German Academy player said to me...that the doc knows that so and so is not fast enough to ever make it but they keep her on false hopes.

Is that happening here in the US too? I say yes.

The college roster question is something they don’t deal with at all in Europe...
Four main areas a top coach or scout will judge your dd on. Some use a scoring system for each of the four. For example, the Competitive Zone Score ((CZS) might be 40-50 for each of the four areas. No girl player has all four in the competitive zone and not too many score 50 out of 50. Your stoked if the dd makes it past 40.

1) Mental Dimension in Defense ((Basically, work rate on defense and what their true mental toughness is. Strikers play defense too.))
2) Physical Dimension in Defense ((Soccer speed and strength in Defense and balls in the air))
3) Technical Competence and Tactical awareness in Offense ((reading, runs & skills on offense. Soccer IQ))
4) Physical dimensions in Offense ((soccer speed and strength in Offense))

Last edited:
Our daughter does private training 2x weekly. New skills, things she’s never worked on, deficiencies, etc. pushing the envelope and never very good at whatever they start working through. Usually some frustration and self doubt, but over time, she acquires that skill and it becomes part of her arsenal.

To my simple soccer-brain, that’s where individual development occurs.

Then when coach calls for the team to practice that skill, you’re able to Practice it, not Learn it in front of your team...

Our daughter does private training 2x weekly. New skills, things she’s never worked on, deficiencies, etc. pushing the envelope and never very good at whatever they start working through. Usually some frustration and self doubt, but over time, she acquires that skill and it becomes part of her arsenal.

Then when coach calls for the team to practice that skill, you’re able to Practice it, not Learn it in front of your team...
I'm sick of the word development. Let's get the games started.....lol!!!

Good job parent. Why to continue your kids development. Wish the best for her.

Easy EJ. LOL! We've been waiting 5 months what's another 3/4. It all works out and girls are injury free. So let them keep developing on their own.
I've been waiting since 2017 for real top top games in socal. I'm sorry, Monday is hitting me hard. Monday Blues again? I'm sick of hearing, "it's all about development" in socal by the suits. 2017-2018, no playoffs, no keeping score. Stupid is as stupid as that. Who the hell doent keep score for 8th graders? Then, they watered down socal so bad that were all divided now. We used to be #1, now it looks like Texas and Nocal are top. No, it's always is and always will be about playing in real soccer games and always will be about the game. This is so weak, it makes me sick......lol. My rant for the day :)

Thanks Jones. Development vs Actual Game. I understand way more now. Soccer is one big mess still and will get sorted out soon.
Just giving you a hard time cause of all your previous rants per day. Shouldn't you be in the water this morning? The water is so warm it's fun to be out there even though the waves weren't quite as nice this morning as they were last week.

Just giving you a hard time cause of all your previous rants per day. Shouldn't you be in the water this morning? The water is still so warm even though the waves weren't quite as nice this morning.
I know. I'm joking too. The water is amazing and the kids are sleeping ((Zoom crashed)) so waves all to me self. Aliso Beach had some glass and shore break. Just did my meditation on da beach. I'm all washed up Jones and one big has been and one who still lives in his past glory days. No more surfing for me. I'm retired. I just swim now. I cant risk getting slammed in the beach anymore.

I've been waiting since 2017 for real top top games in socal. I'm sorry, Monday is hitting me hard. Monday Blues again? I'm sick of hearing, "it's all about development" in socal by the suits. 2017-2018, no playoffs, no keeping score. Stupid is as stupid as that. Who the hell doent keep score for 8th graders? Then, they watered down socal so bad that were all divided now. We used to be #1, now it looks like Texas and Nocal are top. No, it's always is and always will be about playing in real soccer games and always will be about the game. This is so weak, it makes me sick......lol. My rant for the day :)
You know in Norway they don't keep score til after age of 14 I believe and they don't rank teams. Saw this on Real Sports. Just watch old videos and you'll be ok. You and your daughter will be back on the pitch soon I hope. Keep swimming my friend to keep your mind off soccer.

You know in Norway they don't keep score til after age of 14 I believe and they don't rank teams. Saw this on Real Sports. Just watch old videos and you'll be ok. You and your daughter will be back on the pitch soon I hope. Keep swimming my friend to keep your mind off soccer.
Cool for Norway. I'm not advocating keeping score when their 8 either. I'm no expert, but in America it's ok to teach about winning and losing, at least in sports. I'm thinking 6th grade introduce it.

Cool for Norway. I'm not advocating keeping score when their 8 either. I'm no expert, but in America it's ok to teach about winning and losing, at least in sports. I'm thinking 6th grade introduce it.

Norway has never won anything, but I have heard the USA is pretty ok at women’s soccer. Maybe the USA knows something other countries don’t.

The US is the best at women’s soccer because more kids play it, and for more years. Wow, that was simple. Boring the most competitive - meaning the best - ones nearly to death until they pick a sport that’s actually sport and not circus juggling only eliminates that advantage.

Back