Question on free kick

Caltek

SILVER ELITE
So team a is taking free kick just outside 18 yd box . Team b defenders are all at 6 yd line . One player from team a stands right in front of keeper with his back lite really touching the keeper . Team a scores on free kick. Is there any foul on this or is the goal a good goal.

The attacker is in an offside position as described. Are they actively involved? Depends ... is the keeper's line of vision impaired? Does the keeper have freedom of movement? If yes, then the attacker is offside. If no, no foul.

So as described the attacker is literally standing directly in front of the keeper with his back touching the keeper that is how close he is . Parents were yelling for him to push the player out of his way but raff told him not to touch him or he will getcalled for the foul. I have never ever in my life saw something like this happen. I asked others at the tourny and they said player should have been carded and a foul for obstruction and goal been disallowed. Just trying to get other view points or see if others have seen this

So as described the attacker is literally standing directly in front of the keeper with his back touching the keeper that is how close he is . Parents were yelling for him to push the player out of his way but raff told him not to touch him or he will getcalled for the foul. I have never ever in my life saw something like this happen. I asked others at the tourny and they said player should have been carded and a foul for obstruction and goal been disallowed. Just trying to get other view points or see if others have seen this
Not a 'card worthy' offense. Sounds like it should have been offside for affecting the goalkeeper's ability to see or play the ball. If the player physically blocked off the goalkeeper's movement, it should have been given as impeding with contact (what was formerly called obstruction).

Can't be 100% without seeing it, but it sounds pretty close.

First, why is the wall more than 10 yards away from the free kick? Or was it a smaller field, but you're still using "the 18" as a term?

From what the parents are yelling, I'm guessing it is U12 or U10. Telling the keeper to push the other kid out of the way, lol. If the attacker is standing there, with his back just touching the keeper, no foul, he has as much right to every piece of open grass on the field as everyone else. If he keeps pushing the keeper backwards, it's a foul.

Offside is a whole nother question, but I think you are asking about impeding or pushing fouls here...

First, why is the wall more than 10 yards away from the free kick? Or was it a smaller field, but you're still using "the 18" as a term?

From what the parents are yelling, I'm guessing it is U12 or U10. Telling the keeper to push the other kid out of the way, lol. If the attacker is standing there, with his back just touching the keeper, no foul, he has as much right to every piece of open grass on the field as everyone else. If he keeps pushing the keeper backwards, it's a foul.

Offside is a whole nother question, but I think you are asking about impeding or pushing fouls here...

It was u14 top flight of Celtic cup he was completely blocking the goalie from moving or seeing anything . The wall was 10 yds away just using the 18 and 6 as a point of reference so people know the aproxamite distance. Parents were yelling him to push him away because he could not move to even attempt to make a save the way he stood in front of him an blocked him out with his arms as the player took the kick. I was asking in general about any foul . I've been around club soccer the past dozen years with my oldest playing premiere level for a good 4-5 years and my middle kid playing at academy at one point and had never saw anyone attempt to do this . Corner kicks yes I've seen players stand in front of the goalie but never saw a player at least 6 yards offside purposely trying to prevent the goalie from making a play. Let alone getting away with it.

It was u14 top flight of Celtic cup he was completely blocking the goalie from moving or seeing anything . The wall was 10 yds away just using the 18 and 6 as a point of reference so people know the aproxamite distance. Parents were yelling him to push him away because he could not move to even attempt to make a save the way he stood in front of him an blocked him out with his arms as the player took the kick. I was asking in general about any foul . I've been around club soccer the past dozen years with my oldest playing premiere level for a good 4-5 years and my middle kid playing at academy at one point and had never saw anyone attempt to do this . Corner kicks yes I've seen players stand in front of the goalie but never saw a player at least 6 yards offside purposely trying to prevent the goalie from making a play. Let alone getting away with it.

But when you say "get away with it", I wonder what you mean? He can jump around in front of the keeper all day and wave his arms (not at him, then maybe attempting to strike foul). It's not a foul.

If once the ball is kicked, and he is still doing that and blocks the keeper's view of the ball, then he is likely actively involved in the play and is offside. (Page 217 of the new laws shows a good example of interfering, even when the ball kicked to the other side of goal). But remember, it is not an offense to be in an offside position.

I’ve seen it More at the high school level than club. Until The ball is kicked there is nothing to call, unless a player is fouling the other player. After kicked as ref I would evaluate whether obstruction occurred or offsides.

The attacking player is allowed to take a standing position near the keeper without committing a foul. A keeper who pushes or grabs the player who is standing there is at grave risk of giving up a penalty kick. (Although my experience is that many keepers learn how to do this is a way that reads like a foul by the attacker.)

It is when the attacking player makes a movement, not within playing distance of the ball, that this becomes an impeding foul. It often is the case that the attacking player moves to continue to block the keeper as she tries to as the movement hinders the keeper's ability to play the ball. Standing-ok. Dancing with the keeper - not ok.

Offside is a likely consideration on a free kick when a player in offside position stands in front of the keeper and interferes with her ability to see or play the ball when it is kicked. If there is at least one other member of the defending team is closer to the goal line than the attacker, however, she is not in offside position.

The attacking player is allowed to take a standing position near the keeper without committing a foul. A keeper who pushes or grabs the player who is standing there is at grave risk of giving up a penalty kick. (Although my experience is that many keepers learn how to do this is a way that reads like a foul by the attacker.)

It is when the attacking player makes a movement, not within playing distance of the ball, that this becomes an impeding foul. It often is the case that the attacking player moves to continue to block the keeper as she tries to as the movement hinders the keeper's ability to play the ball. Standing-ok. Dancing with the keeper - not ok.

Offside is a likely consideration on a free kick when a player in offside position stands in front of the keeper and interferes with her ability to see or play the ball when it is kicked. If there is at least one other member of the defending team is closer to the goal line than the attacker, however, she is not in offside position.

...but is still liable for being called for impeding the keeper if the attacker's actions are seen as such by the referee.

This happened to my son a year or so back.

Back