`Question about out of season soccer practice

I have tried to look and can't find any specific rules so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. When are HS soccer teams allowed to start practices before or after school according to CIF Southern Section rules? I know the season and associated rules starts November 14. I can't find any out of season practice rules so does that mean there aren't any limitations?

Our school puts players into "soccer class" for 6th period. This is for Fall and Spring. Incoming freshman get moved into "Soccer Class" if they make a team after tryouts are completed. I think that is 2 weeks away for our school.

There really aren’t any rules anymore. Just a little two or three week dead period that all sports must take at some point during the calendar year. Most take the dead period in the summer. Teams can have practice, scrimmages, fall leagues, whatever they want. However, most coaches should (haha) understand that many of their players are full into their club seasons in the fall and usually keep their workouts light, basically just during 6th period athletics.

My kid just played 4 games this past weekend in a tournament in San Bernardino. Got home last night around 7pm.
Her HS has tryouts today and tomorrow. Not sure how fresh she'll be today.

I have tried to look and can't find any specific rules so I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. When are HS soccer teams allowed to start practices before or after school according to CIF Southern Section rules? I know the season and associated rules starts November 14. I can't find any out of season practice rules so does that mean there aren't any limitations?

HS Soccer season officially starts in November. Anytime before that schools will have a Pre-Season. Every school will be different in this regard, but all schools can only have soccer related training or class before or during school hours. So some schools will have it during 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th or any other period. Some will have it before school in the morning. Nothing is allowed after school. Some coaches will try though, but then parents will have to sign a waiver to do anything after school. Some schools will actually do something during pre-season (aka Soccer Class), like conditioning or light training (class is only 30-40 min) and some will do nothing.
Hope it helps.

Back