President Joe Biden

Few have noticed. No State of the Union?

I don't think he is capable of standing and talking for 90 minutes.

When is the last time we haven't had one?

Congress is in session so no excuses on that one. They are all vaccinated so there is no reason why this yr Biden isn't giving one... except..
Your pals threatened another round of beating on cops, bombs and mayhem.

Well lets see here. I could go on. But traditionally EVERY year the President speaks before a joint congress.

Are you a fish in a barrel?

So why isn't Biden doing one this year? I suspect is that he is not up to the task.

Bill Clinton's First State of the Union Address - Wikisource, the ...
en.wikisource.org › wiki › Bill_Clinton's_First_State_of...

I guess the defense in depth around the Capitol Building isn't being dismantled anytime soon. The FBI I suppose needs to do some work.

It’s close but could also be interpreted as an aspiration or wish rather than an attempt to coerce. The second phone call would have closed that loop. Without it you can’t make the legal foundation. It’s still a crummy thing to say but legally not tampering.

There were more than 2 phone calls to Georgia officials. Eventually, someone got so concerned that they recorded one and released it to the public.

An interesting twist to that fact is that the acoustic quality of the recording suggests that it was recorded on t's end. That was an analysis by an acoustics expert, based on the fact that the audio quality is better (in an acoustician's sense of "better') on the parts spoke by t. Of course, other factors may have caused that artifact, such as t having a better phone, and we can't dismiss the possibility that the quality was doctored in order to mask the identity of the recorder.

Well lets see here. I could go on. But traditionally EVERY year the President speaks before a joint congress.

Are you a fish in a barrel?

So why isn't Biden doing one this year? I suspect is that he is not up to the task.

Bill Clinton's First State of the Union Address - Wikisource, the ...
en.wikisource.org › wiki › Bill_Clinton's_First_State_of...

All 3 of those articles include language that they were not "State of the Union" addresses.

trump isn’t a conservative.

Yeah, but -- many of those who claim to be conservatives in the current political atmosphere are pleased by his words and actions.

Editorial aside -- Issa's campaign sign alongside I-8 east of El Cajon is still standing, and includes the words "Trump Conservative", apparently without intentional irony.

I guess the defense in depth around the Capitol Building isn't being dismantled anytime soon. The FBI I suppose needs to do some work.

Every day I hear of more people being arrested.

A beneficial aside to all this is that the crop of loons who showed themselves on Jan 6 at the Capitol are being disarmed, one by one.

Every day I hear of more people being arrested.

A beneficial aside to all this is that the crop of loons who showed themselves on Jan 6 at the Capitol are being disarmed, one by one.
As they should be. We expect the "premier" law enforcement agency on the planet should not be challenged to investigate and bring to justice a rather unsophisticated group of people.

With that said, it's time for the barriers to come down and the national guard to go home. All it does is remind many of the incompetence demonstrated by law enforcement senior officials in the days and weeks prior to JAN 6.

As they should be. We expect the "premier" law enforcement agency on the planet should not be challenged to investigate and bring to justice a rather unsophisticated group of people.

With that said, it's time for the barriers to come down and the national guard to go home. All it does is remind many of the incompetence demonstrated by law enforcement senior officials in the days and weeks prior to JAN 6.
Is there another attack planned?

This is all staged and a choice to cross the bridge or of stay on the side of fear and death. I know what my and wife I are doing.

Curious about what folks thought about Biden's infrastructure plan? I thought this piece from Forbes on how Biden and his plan was a bit eye opening on how little of the $2.5 trillion goes to actual infrastructure.

"Infrastructure as many people think of it—construction or improvement of bridges, highways, roads, ports, waterways, and airports—accounts for only $157 billion, or 7%, of the plan’s estimated cost. That’s apparently what Vought was referring to. The definition of infrastructure can reasonably be expanded to include upgrading wastewater and drinking water systems, expanding high-speed broadband Internet service to 100% of the nation, modernizing the electric grid, and improving infrastructure resilience. That brings the total to $518 billion, or 24% of the plan’s total cost."

Curious about what folks thought about Biden's infrastructure plan? I thought this piece from Forbes on how Biden and his plan was a bit eye opening on how little of the $2.5 trillion goes to actual infrastructure.

"Infrastructure as many people think of it—construction or improvement of bridges, highways, roads, ports, waterways, and airports—accounts for only $157 billion, or 7%, of the plan’s estimated cost. That’s apparently what Vought was referring to. The definition of infrastructure can reasonably be expanded to include upgrading wastewater and drinking water systems, expanding high-speed broadband Internet service to 100% of the nation, modernizing the electric grid, and improving infrastructure resilience. That brings the total to $518 billion, or 24% of the plan’s total cost."
The writer explains why in his 4th paragraph, I'd guess, but then he ignores that because he's the media I suppose.

The writer explains why in his 4th paragraph, I'd guess, but then he ignores that because he's the media I suppose.

Are you saying you think the media is calling it an infrastructure bill as a means to attack the plan? Hmm. I would say it's more likely he's ignoring the name of the plan because the selling point that is being presented (for the most part) is that it's an infrastructure bill?

Perhaps the creating union jobs didn't focus group well with the ongoing issues with the police and teachers unions.

Are you saying you think the media is calling it an infrastructure bill as a means to attack the plan? Hmm. I would say it's more likely he's ignoring the name of the plan because the selling point that is being presented (for the most part) is that it's an infrastructure bill?

Perhaps the creating union jobs didn't focus group well with the ongoing issues with the police and teachers unions.
No, I didn't say that. I merely pointed out that the article states that Biden's admin are not calling it an infrastructure bill, but the media is. So dissing it because its not all infrastructure seems strange, once you admit/recognize that the authors aren't saying its (all) infrastructure.

From the article, $2.2T total - I can see $1.4T detailed but no mention of union jobs unless you mean the people doing the work I suppose. The third one seems a lot to me, but I don't know that industry. TBH, there's more money, from the article, in aid to business than trad infrastructure work, but then the article isn't making some anti union point, that's you.

- $157B traditional infrastructure
- $361B water, waste water, electric grid & high speed internet
- $400B create jobs & raise pay for home care workers
- $300B aid for manufacturers and small businesses
- $180B for public investment in technology and research and development

No, I didn't say that. I merely pointed out that the article states that Biden's admin are not calling it an infrastructure bill, but the media is. So dissing it because its not all infrastructure seems strange, once you admit/recognize that the authors aren't saying its (all) infrastructure.

From the article, $2.2T total - I can see $1.4T detailed but no mention of union jobs unless you mean the people doing the work I suppose. The third one seems a lot to me, but I don't know that industry. TBH, there's more money, from the article, in aid to business than trad infrastructure work, but then the article isn't making some anti union point, that's you.

- $157B traditional infrastructure
- $361B water, waste water, electric grid & high speed internet
- $400B create jobs & raise pay for home care workers
- $300B aid for manufacturers and small businesses
- $180B for public investment in technology and research and development

Oh sorry, I miss understood. Think I got caught up on some of the wording in the 4th paragraph which you cited...
"It’s worth remembering that while the media call the initiative an infrastructure plan, the Biden administration doesn’t. Officially, it’s the American Jobs Plan, and it consistently proposes creating or protecting jobs, especially union jobs. But the administration’s fullest description of the plan, a nearly 12,000-word fact sheet, leans heavily on infrastructure from the beginning. A close reading reveals just how much is really there."

Anyway, adding up your list of number in my head... and it looks like your total is around $1.5 Trillion... when of course Bidens 'job plan' is closer to $2.5 Trillion. Which brings me back to the point I was trying to make: no one seems to know what the hell is in this massive government bill.

Back