President Joe Biden

the vast majority of right wing protestors have been (until the capitol) of the side of police. Even in the capitol despite Some protestors being armed the vast majority dispersed when ordered. When the police tell them stop go home they generally did (as I wrote the morning of the capitol I dont think they are aligned anymore and I worried when that split happen there would be violence similar to the cop-left violence we saw in spring)

the blm/Antifa protests were anti-cop. Further at the beginning they took place at a time when there were lockdown rules being broken (it besides politicians cheating were the 1 factor that shattered the lockdown consensus)

up until now you didn’t see right protestors getting in cops faces telling them to die pig. I do think that’s starting the shift now. The right and police are no longer friends
Since Election Day, a growing subset of Trump's followers have become increasingly radicalized by conspiracy theories that claim the 2020 presidential election was stolen due to widespread voter fraud.

The false claims, which originated on far-right forums and among prominent conspiracy theorists, have been repeatedly promoted by the president as well as other conservative lawmakers.

The misguided belief that democracy was crumbling before them ultimately led Trump's most ardent loyalists to breach the Capitol, resulting in the death of five people in the process. In reality, it was the group's actions that constituted the most substantial attack on democracy in modern memory.

up until now you didn’t see right protestors getting in cops faces telling them to die pig. I do think that’s starting the shift now. The right and police are no longer friends

I guess my point can be summed up be this part of the article I posted:

------------
Looking at the subset of protests in which demonstrators did not engage in any violence, vandalism, or looting, law enforcement officers were about 3.5 times more likely to use force against leftwing protests than rightwing protests, with about 1.8% of peaceful leftwing protests and only half a percent of peaceful rightwing protests met with teargas, rubber bullets or other force from law enforcement.

“Police are not just engaging more because [leftwing protesters] are more violent. They’re engaging more even with peaceful protesters,” Dr Roudabeh Kishi, ACLED’s director of research and innovation, told the Guardian. “That’s the clear trend.”
------------

Is the issue that police were instigating things or the other way around? It's not clear to me.

I guess my point can be summed up be this part of the article I posted:

------------
Looking at the subset of protests in which demonstrators did not engage in any violence, vandalism, or looting, law enforcement officers were about 3.5 times more likely to use force against leftwing protests than rightwing protests, with about 1.8% of peaceful leftwing protests and only half a percent of peaceful rightwing protests met with teargas, rubber bullets or other force from law enforcement.

“Police are not just engaging more because [leftwing protesters] are more violent. They’re engaging more even with peaceful protesters,” Dr Roudabeh Kishi, ACLED’s director of research and innovation, told the Guardian. “That’s the clear trend.”
------------

Is the issue that police were instigating things or the other way around? It's not clear to me.

its an easy explanation. The right and the police were largely aligned until now. The right isn’t screaming into their faces “die pig”. Some police at the capitol reportedly even stood aside. I don’t think that’s the case anymore. I also think size of rallies is probably a factor because the larger the more bad seeds you get. Husker does have a point: the election did radicalize the right.

its an easy explanation. The right and the police were largely aligned until now. The right isn’t screaming into their faces “die pig”. Some police at the capitol reportedly even stood aside. I don’t think that’s the case anymore. I also think size of rallies is probably a factor because the larger the more bad seeds you get. Husker does have a point: the election did radicalize the right.

I guess maybe a better way to phrase this is, the BLM protests were focused on police brutality, which put police on the defensive. I mean people don't just start yelling "die pig" for no reason. This makes sense.

You forgot to include the thousands of incidents involving people who’ve been murdered by both police and private citizens based on the color of their skin or sexual orientation.
You might want to check the WAPO database of police shootings before you make that statement. My apologies for letting facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

The far right and the far left are equally responsible for threats to our democracy. While what each side did is optically different, they are not substantively different. Both were an extreme assault on democracy and the rule of law. Anyone who attempts to diminish, rationalize, or justify on the basis of subjective differences is part of the problem. This isn't about whataboutism, its about what objectively happened over the last year. Neither party can be defined by their extremes. I think most of us are moderates and lean a little left or a little right. Trump was a false prophet and needs to be treated as such. Can we not at least find common ground with the fact the Trump's rhetoric was reprehensible and that he doesn't deserve to hold the office of President? While I personally don't believe he should be hung in the public square (why make him a martyr), I do understand the sentiment to do so. As far as I'm concerned he was impeached by US Citizens on November 3, 2020.

Albany, N.Y.: Officer sent to the hospital after protester throws a brick at him

Atlanta: Officer Maximilian Brewer underwent surgery after a protester hit him with an ATV

Brockton, Mass.: One state trooper and a few local Brockton police officers suffered minor injuries

Buffalo, N.Y.: Two police officers are hit by a vehicle and one other has his leg broken and pelvis shattered after protesters run him over

Champaign, Ill: Several police officers suffered minor injuries after allegedly being assaulted

Cincinnati, Ohio: Officer narrowly escaped death after a bullet struck his ballistic helmet

Columbia, S.C.: 15 law enforcement personnel injured during a Saturday riot

Chicago: 132 Chicago Police Department officers injured in violent riots in the city

Davenport, Iowa: A plainclothes police officer injured after an individual opened fire on his vehicle

Denver: Three city police officers sent to the hospital after a hit-and-run that also injured a bystander

Harrisburg, Penn.: Two police officers sent to the hospital during a violent protest on Saturday

Las Vegas: One cop put on life support after he was shot in the head during a violent protest on Monday; 12 additional officers injured during Friday’s rioting

Los Angeles: 27 LAPD officers injured during weekend rioting

Lynchburg, Va.: Several officers were shot at during protests but were not injured

Minnesota:
Police officers shot at during a protest, and a precinct in the city was set on fire by protesters

Maryland: Protesters injured four county police officers and damaged several police cruisers

New York City: Dozens of NYPD officers injured during weekend rioting with one video showing an officer being struck by a car in a hit-and-run.

Over 350 NYPD officers injured in two weeks of protests. Injuries include being hit by vehicles, head injuries from bricks and fire extinguishers as well as other serious wounds.

Oak Lawn, Il.: Three officers injured during Monday’s protests

Oakland, Calif.: FBI officer Dave Patrick Underwood was shot and killed while providing security for a courthouse, and another officer was injured in the shooting

Oakdale, Calif: Two officers suffered injuries after a clash broke out at a protest.

Philadelphia: City police reported several assaults on officers and multiple police cars set on fire

Pittsburgh, Penn.: Nine police officers hurt and sent to the hospital in clashes with protesters

Providence, R.I: 9 officers injured after protesters threw bricks at them as violent protests erupted in the city

Richmond, Va.: Two officers hurt during a protest after being hit with a baseball bat and a beer bottle

Rhode Island: Nine officers injured amongst rioting

Sacramento, Calif.: Seven police officers received minor injuries at the hands of violent protesters

Salt Lake City, Utah: 21 police officers required medical care after being injured by protesters, with one reporting that he was hit on the head with a baseball bat

San Antonio: Three officers were injured after being hit by bricks and bottles

San Jose, Calif.: Several officers sustained injuries during a May 29 protest and one was sent to the hospital

Santa Ana, Calif.: Two officers had to be taken to the hospital after being hit in the head by projectiles thrown at them by protesters

Springfield, Mo: Springfield Police Department officer Mark Priebe was hospitalized in the ICU with a spinal cord injury after being rammed by an SUV. Priebe has to undergo surgery and will likely never be able to walk again.

St. Louis, Mo.: 77-year-old David Dorn, a retired police officer, was shot dead by looters. His death was broadcast live on Facebook. Four other police officers were also shot in downtown St. Louis by violent protesters

Washington, D.C.: 11 Washington police officers injured during Sunday’s protests. One officer required surgery after being hit by a brick in the leg. Over 50 members of the Secret Service were also hurt during clashes, some sustaining injuries from Molotov cocktails

So based on what I assume is a comprehensive list, 1 officer was killed throughout the entirety of the 2020 riots.

And that 1 officer was killed by Dave Patrick Underwood, a MAGAt/bogoloo boy.

Is that correct?

So based on what I assume is a comprehensive list, 1 officer was killed throughout the entirety of the 2020 riots.

Is that correct?

Edited:

That 1 officer was killed by Steven Carillo, a MAGAt/bogloo boy (who was responsible for at least one other police officer death in 2020).

Dave Patrick Underwood was the officer's name, not the MAGAt's name.

That BLM thing seems to be working.

Why? Is the traditional family, with 2 parents and a value placed on education and hard work, becoming even less desirable?

Working to rile up stupid people that don’t know the statistics. Maybe the criminals are finally realizing their profession has consequences.

Why? Is the traditional family, with 2 parents and a value placed on education and hard work, becoming even less desirable?

Working to rile up stupid people that don’t know the statistics. Maybe the criminals are finally realizing their profession has consequences.

This appears to have been written by a random phrase selection robot.

You forgot to include the thousands of incidents involving people who’ve been murdered by both police and private citizens based on the color of their skin or sexual orientation. You have missed the millions of incidents in which people have been deprived of equal employment, housing and educational opportunity because of their skin color.

Seriously, the lengths to which magats will go to rationalize and defend what happened last Wed is insane. Look, here are examples to prove black people are bad, so it’s ok to overthrow the government!

You mean violent criminals that fought with police? Please provide some names of the innocent.

Is that correct?

David Dorn was a black cop killed, by black rioters, defending some businesses during BLM riots. He’s not a heroic darling of the media, though, like George Floyd or Jacob Blake. Good guys don’t sell news these days.

Breonna Taylor.

Innocent of what? Are you uneducated about how she aided and abetted her former boyfriend in doing his drug deals? Bummer. Who knew being a drug dealer was illegal or dangerous? Might be a good idea to not hide drugs, drug money or a drug dealer in your apartment.

Here’s a tip... don’t shoot at police. They may just shoot back.

Back