POST CANCELLATIONS HERE

Surfref

PREMIER
They also expect a 20-25% drop off in the number of players. They expect to lose their fringe players (bench players) and the once that seemed to be getting burnt out. They did say the upside is that their injured players should be healed or almost healed.

Will be very interesting to see how this plays out. Especially when travelling long distances for games.
Club Volleyball is almost 100% tournament focused. There really isn't a "league" Teams travel to Vegas, Chicago, Florida, etc pretty regularly.
I dont know much about baseball/softball.
But if a parent is driving / flying a decent distance, they are going to be bummed that they can't watch their kid play. And they probably won't be able to go to the Buffalo Wild Wings to slam drinks while they wait.

Banana Hammock

SILVER ELITE
I have heard the following from some friends who are involved in the management side of youth travel baseball and club volleyball, so I assume soccer would be the similar. These are some of the new policies they are working on and trying to figure out the logistics. I would imagine that CalSouth would be working on similar policies.
1) When games are played, there will be no spectators just players, coach/manager, and officials. They foresee this being effect for the remainder of 2020 and possibly through the spring of 2021. Baseball is going to allow each team to have someone there to video tape the games. The bball friend is a coach and umpire and is excited about not having the crazy parents at the field yelling.
2) There will only be the teams playing at the venue and the next game’s teams must wait to enter the venue until the current game is complete and the teams and officials have left the venue. Bball expects an hour gap between games to allow enough time for the cuurent group to leave and the next group to enter and get warmed up. They are even thinking about setting a game length time such as 90 minutes and stopping the game at the 90 minute mark regardless of what inning it is.
3) All multi field (baseball) must have designated paths to each field so players/coaches/managers/officials can maintain social distancing while transiting to and from the fields. Volleyball had a similar social distancing requirement for transiting to the court.
4) Separate controlled entry and exit points at the venue. All entry and exit points must be separate and there must be someone there controlling who enters and exits.
5) Hand washing stations at all dugouts and a separate one for officials.
6) No high fives, hand shakes, fist bumps or post game interaction between teams.
7). Bat grips will be sanitized after each use if multi players are using the same bat. Vball will use multiple balls and change to a clean ball between each serve. B-ball’s will be wiped off with some type of sanitary spray or Clorox wipes between innings. I am not sure how this would work in soccer.
8) Face masks/coverings will be worn (bball and vball) by everyone including players, coach/manager, and officials. I am not sure how well the face masks will work for soccer referees since they have to use a whistle. I guess they could use an electric whistle.
9) No snack or souvenir stands. Players bring their own hydration and no use of large coolers for water or Gatorade.
10) Bball umpires will only work one game and leave the venue when their game is complete.
11) Teams will only play one baseball game or vball match (consisting of 3 games) per day.
12) Both sports toying with the idea to require certified athletic trainers, physical therapists, or RN be assigned to every field or court. They will take care of injuries, tapping, concussion evaluation and also monitoring social distancing and hygiene. They did not want the umpires/officials or coaches to have to be the ones who monitor social distancing (social distancing police).
13) They are trying to figure out how to maintain social distancing in the dugout or on the bench.
14) Practices will have similar policies especially no parents allowed at the venues. I guess they will just drop their kids off and just hangout in their cars.
At some point you have to ask yourself if its worth it.

Banana Hammock

SILVER ELITE
They also expect a 20-25% drop off in the number of players. They expect to lose their fringe players (bench players) and the once that seemed to be getting burnt out. They did say the upside is that their injured players should be healed or almost healed.
20-25% drop in roster means 20-25% drop in revenue means 20-25% price increase. Thats not including nurses/Athletic trainers at every game. $$$$$

Lionel Hutz

SILVER
Unfortunately it appears that this virus will be with us for some time. Once the season is under way, I wonder what the protocols will be if someone (player/parent) test positive. Do you just quarantine the player or does this extend to the entire team? What about the team you played last weekend? Will the protocol be different for each club or league?

It is going to be a very Interesting to see how things proceed this summer and fall.

jpeter

PREMIER
20-25% drop in roster means 20-25% drop in revenue means 20-25% price increase. Thats not including nurses/Athletic trainers at every game. $$$$$
Anything like what @Surfref posted and the drop off will be much more. I doubt many parents are going to want to drive distances for drop go, comeback in a 1-2 hour type of deal. Just not enough local comp at certain ages and soccer is a close contact support like football so going to have to be more compared to baseball for example.

The loss of tournament revenue is going hurt clubs, Cal south will be downsizing and likely won't be able to sanction or have so many events like previously seasons. Travel is going to be different, everything will be. A new normal one of these days

Surfref

PREMIER
Anything like what @Surfref posted and the drop off will be much more. I doubt many parents are going to want to drive distances for drop go, comeback in a 1-2 hour type of deal. Just not enough local comp at certain ages and soccer is a close contact support like football so going to have to be more compared to baseball for example.

The loss of tournament revenue is going hurt clubs, Cal south will be downsizing and likely won't be able to sanction or have so many events like previously seasons. Travel is going to be different, everything will be. A new normal one of these days
I don’t think there is going to be much if any out of the region travel this summer. Sure there will be travel between San Diego, OC, San Bernardino, Riverside and LA, but I doubt there will be travel to other states or NorCal. Maybe travel will get back to semi-normal by winter. I do not expect any large tournaments this summer, especially ones that have venues with more than a couple fields.

jpeter

PREMIER
Any word on Primer Super copa in Ohio if it will be canceled
Going to have to screen you at every event. Checkpoints,Temperature taken, recorded on your wristband, questioned, mask and 6 foot distances maintained and we may let you in if you choosen in the blind draw. Either that and/or the covid tracking app like they have in China.

Regrettably, we are forced to cancel Encinitas Cup 2020. All registration fees have been refunded. We thank all the teams that registered and had faith in us to be good hosts for their teams this summer. We look forward to the resumption of soccer and to seeing everyone on the fields again, hopefully soon. Stay safe.
-Encinitas Cup Tournament Committee

jpeter

PREMIER
For the clubs that are moving to ECNL next year there is no National cup. League play is until the end of May.
USclub conducts even more expensive playoff tournaments that was cancelled also.

Two phases out of state with quick turnaround. With so many Ecnl & Npl teams the national playoff group stage from hundreds of teams to 32-16 teams has been in Midwest, Colorado last coiple The national finals playoffs for those 16 that qualify out of the group stages fly out again two weeks later for the rest of the games.

CS cups are cheap by comparison.