POST CANCELLATIONS HERE

Eagle33

GOLD
My understanding is this virus don't like warm water. Hope SoCal will get to normal 80s-90s soon....

Footy30

SILVER
I know ECNL and DA has been canceled until end of Apr. but I have a feeling they're just going to cancel it all together. Just a gut feeling... anyone else feel this way?

jpeter

PREMIER
I know ECNL and DA has been canceled until end of Apr. but I have a feeling they're just going to cancel it all together. Just a gut feeling... anyone else feel this way?
Who knows at this point?

Either way if games start back up in May a big part of team training & play is lost. Around 5 months since all the players are/where together. Dec for the most part, Jan, all of February for those that played HS, part of March, all of April. For seniors they have a lot of potential stuff going on starting in May also.

Can't make up for lost time all you do is look forward to better ones, even if that means a short compacted schedule of games, or a few then into into playoffs or not?

Footy30

SILVER
Who knows at this point?

Either way if games start back up in May a big part of team training & play is lost. Around 5 months since all the players are/where together. Dec for the most part, Jan, all of February for those that played HS, part of March, all of April. For seniors they have a lot of potential stuff going on starting in May also.

Can't make up for lost time all you do is look forward to better ones, even if that means a short compacted schedule of games, or a few then into into playoffs or not?
You're right....
I truly am hoping this passes quickly, not just for soccer purposes but for the workers, students, families, etc, that have had to deal with all of the change in their life, and even more so the people who have been infected with this virus. Please stay safe everyone, listen to the rules and lets just all follow them please no matter what your thought on them are. We are not invincible and we can only control this if we all work together and start following the rules. Stay safe and healthy soccer families on here!!!

Edouble

BRONZE
Apparently clubs are still charging parents even during this suspended time. My child's club is actively working on an app and sending online tips for individual training. Even with that, you can't expect parents to continue paying monthly until regular activities continue...

Eagle33

GOLD
Apparently clubs are still charging parents even during this suspended time. My child's club is actively working on an app and sending online tips for individual training. Even with that, you can't expect parents to continue paying monthly until regular activities continue...
Will you expect your coach to make ends meet or your club to survive?

Eagle33

GOLD
Most (not all) clubs and coaches have become nothing more than money making businesses with zero loyalty to the customer. I don't really care if they survive or the coaches have to get real jobs. In the end there's another club or coach a few miles down the road.
I don't think it will affect clubs or coaches differently, whether it's local or "another club or coach a few miles down the road". Everyone will be in the same boat.

Edouble

BRONZE
Will you expect your coach to make ends meet or your club to survive?
Our coach does this part-time. Realistically, this order will most likely go beyond the targeted April date and the season could be potentially lost. LIke Banana Hamock mentioned, there's other clubs I can go to if they get upset with the fact that I won't pay them $300 a month for online soccer consulting.

dad4

PREMIER
Early indications from Bay Area are that the shelter in place is working. Santa Clara County had 7 new infections today. (versus 14 yesterday and 31 two days ago.)
Sad to say, we are back to exponential. 4 day doubling, which is still better than it was before it all got quiet.

Speed

SILVER ELITE
Most (not all) clubs and coaches have become nothing more than money making businesses with zero loyalty to the customer. I don't really care if they survive or the coaches have to get real jobs. In the end there's another club or coach a few miles down the road.
ditto. this is making the divorce with our coach this much easier.

paytoplay

SILVER
ditto. this is making the divorce with our coach this much easier.
On the one hand, I miss the smell of the grass and sounds of spring soccer, on the other, there’s some real scumbags hurting right now losing out on that extra training dough.

Frank

GOLD
I wonder if your job will deem you expendable as you could go somewhere else. As long as people have not lost their jobs and the club is making efforts to provide online instruction I support making sure the coach continues to get paid.

jpeter

PREMIER
Other states are announcing their State Cups and National Cups getting cancelled. Is ours gone soon?
Going to be most likely but they will wait until the last minute like they do with most things. The May timelines being the earliest anything can change plus the weeks after that to get going again make it a huge Longshot at this point.

With schools closed rest of the year practice space is going to be really difficult to find unless it's a complex or private facility.

Eagle33

GOLD
Going to be most likely but they will wait until the last minute like they do with most things. The May timelines being the earliest anything can change plus the weeks after that to get going again make it a huge Longshot at this point.

With schools closed rest of the year practice space is going to be really difficult to find unless it's a complex or private facility.
If schools will remain closed until the end of school year (and it's already happening in LA county), you can safely say that Cup's are NOT happening this year. Latest I heard from my school district is that the new date they are shooting for to reopen activities is July 1st........