Ponderable

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I suspect we agree more then disagree on the topic of Wall Street and the bailouts. Neither of us liked it at all.

My sole concern, from the video, was GJ was under the false impression, that no actual crimes were committed during the Financial Crisis. This is a patently false claim that stemmed partially from Eric Holders ineffectual reign as AG and propaganda from blatant Wall Street defenders.

"One" of the problems through the Crisis and the aftermath, was we resorted to Corporate fines (again Holder trying to be tough), instead of criminal prosecutions. Writing a Corporate check will never serve to punish offenders like jail time does.

It is not a crime to sell bonds that are less then AAA.

It is not a crime to sell bonds that are less then AAA.

What does that have to do with the widespread fraud that was rampant, not only here but by banksters worldwide? Fraud that has led to record fines for intentional, knowing misrepresentation of securities sold to investors. What an odd question to ask...

Who do you think should have been prosecuted on Wall St.?

The list of perpetrators is very long BIZ. Are you actually making a case against any criminal prosecutions? Aren't you all about people being held responsible for their actions?

What does that have to do with the widespread fraud that was rampant, not only here but by banksters worldwide? Fraud that has led to record fines for intentional, knowing misrepresentation of securities sold to investors. What an odd question to ask...

The list of perpetrators is very long BIZ. Are you actually making a case against any criminal prosecutions? Aren't you all about people being held responsible for their actions?

Please post the list. Give me the top 10 perpetrators and their actual crimes. I am about accountability and so is GJ. Hence what he said 20 seconds in to your video.

Saw the movie, good stuff. Do you ever actually answer a question BIZ? The nice movie clip says nothing about what crimes were committed during the financial crisis.

Please post the list. Give me the top 10 perpetrators and their actual crimes. I am about accountability and so is GJ.

Sure, https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/enf-actions-fc.shtml

That is but one list among many. Now, instead of punishing the firms for the fraud committed, by it's employees and their supervisors, you charge the people. Don't hurt the company checkbook, you jail the people. Something Eric Holder didn't like to do, because he likely wanted those people as clients at the law firm he left to go back to work for. Unlike Spitzer, who had some sac to prosecute people.

So tell me again, how is saying no crimes were committed by Wall Street all about accountability?

Just when you thought this lady was evil, she turns the tables. This and the Jenga scene are two of my favorite scenes.

Cmon BIZ, prove your not a trip down a rabbit hole, a slot machine that never pays off. Make an actual statement that you may be held accountable for....

Or are you more interested in playing gotcha and have nothing to actually say?

Sure, https://www.sec.gov/spotlight/enf-actions-fc.shtml

That is but one list among many. Now, instead of punishing the firms for the fraud committed, by it's employees and their supervisors, you charge the people. Don't hurt the company checkbook, you jail the people. Something Eric Holder didn't like to do, because he likely wanted those people as clients at the law firm he left to go back to work for. Unlike Spitzer, who had some sac to prosecute people.

So tell me again, how is saying no crimes were committed by Wall Street all about accountability?
I'm good with that proof. Makes me wonder where the SEC was at while all of this transpired. How did the SEC fail so miserably given the following:

Crucial to the SEC's effectiveness in each of these areas is its enforcement authority. Each year the SEC brings hundreds of civil enforcement actions against individuals and companies for violation of the securities laws. Typical infractions include insider trading, accounting fraud, and providing false or misleading information about securities and the companies that issue them.

One of the major sources of information on which the SEC relies to bring enforcement action is investors themselves — another reason that educated and careful investors are so critical to the functioning of efficient markets. To help support investor education, the SEC offers the public a wealth of educational information on this Internet website, which also includes the EDGAR database of disclosure documents that public companies are required to file with the Commission.

Though it is the primary overseer and regulator of the U.S. securities markets, the SEC works closely with many other institutions, including Congress, other federal departments and agencies, the self-regulatory organizations (e.g. the stock exchanges), state securities regulators, and various private sector organizations. In addition, the Chairman of the SEC represents the agency as a member of the Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC).

https://www.sec.gov/about/whatwedo.shtml

Cmon BIZ, prove your not a trip down a rabbit hole, a slot machine that never pays off. Make an actual statement that you may be held accountable for....

Or are you more interested in playing gotcha and have nothing to actually say?
I have a lot to say about governments dereliction. The SEC/Treasury gives investors a false sense of security.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15737379-bailout

I'll read the quote from p. 181, paragraph, it says: "In that respect, Geithner's opening of the spigot of taxpayer cash for AIG was more of a bailout of the banks than it was for AIG itself. The government thereby sent Wall Street a very dangerous message. Counterparties who do business with financial institutions, whose collapse could have devastating consequences for the entire financial system, needn't do due diligence or worry about their counterparty risk. Instead, they can rely on the government to bail them out"

So your're more interested in fighting and name calling, then discussion?
So far, you have been ignoring or not understanding my responses. I don't see any point to repeating them.

You don't seem to be interested in examining the undoctored video. Ask yourself why that is so.

Some other questions you might ask yourself - how did you find this clip? Who created it? What was the motivation of the creator?

So far, you have been ignoring or not understanding my responses. I don't see any point to repeating them.

You don't seem to be interested in examining the undoctored video. Ask yourself why that is so.

Some other questions you might ask yourself - how did you find this clip? Who created it? What was the motivation of the creator?
I'm not ignoring, I obviously don't understand your responses, as written. Help me out.

I don't have an "un-doctored video", there is no conspiracy about me not being interested in a video I don't have. If you have it, post it.

I found the clip from a friend. I have no idea who created it or their motivations, they obviously feel, like I do, that GJ's opinion on why there have been no Wall Street prosecutions, is way wrong.

I ask you again, after me having answered every one of your questions, : "Does GJ think the lack of Wall Street prosecutions is due to no crimes being committed, or not?"

I have a lot to say about governments dereliction. The SEC/Treasury gives investors a false sense of security.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15737379-bailout

I'll read the quote from p. 181, paragraph, it says: "In that respect, Geithner's opening of the spigot of taxpayer cash for AIG was more of a bailout of the banks than it was for AIG itself. The government thereby sent Wall Street a very dangerous message. Counterparties who do business with financial institutions, whose collapse could have devastating consequences for the entire financial system, needn't do due diligence or worry about their counterparty risk. Instead, they can rely on the government to bail them out"
I'm no fan of Geithner and the bailouts. Geithner, among others was part of the power structure that was in place leading up to the crisis and what I thought was going to get cleaned up by BO. Sadly, BO's greatest failure was being soft on Wall Street and failing on every promise he made in regards to Wall Street.

Back