Political/Racial Forum Cleansing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominic

DA
Staff member
This forum other than the Off Topic forum will now be void of any political or racially sensitive posts. Forum Members who cannot abide will be banned at my discretion.
Current threads who already have this type of content will be locked, or deleted.
This forum was created to discuss youth soccer, and lately we have totally gotten off track. I have read many of these divisive threads , so I know who the main participants are, and you will be watched.

Again Off Topic is the only allowable place for racially sensitive or political posts like it always has been. No I am not condoning attacks on this basis just discussion.

Dominic

Last edited:
Thank you Dom. 8/2/2020 is a great day in Socal. My dd loves the game of soccer and can;t wait to get back on the pitch. Our family has done a very good job of obeying all the rules about soccer in socal and from our state. We will continue to follow the rules and I will obey the forum rules as well :)

1596381240788.png

So Dominic point of information please. Where do you see the line of “politics”. I of course want to be careful not to break the rules. The conversations often go something like:

-surf cups going to be cancelled
-that’s a bummer
-better to be safe than sorry. Wouldn’t want kids to get ill
-kids can’t get it that strongly. Let them play
-what about grandma
-everyone should decide what they want to do about grandma
-that’s not very good we are all in this together
-all together? Is that why people are protesting?
-the protests are important
-not if they are keeping kids from soccer and school
-newsom did right to close the schools. Too dangerous
-that decision was outrageous. He’s harming kids

-stupid maga
-stupid sjw commie

The problem right now is that soccer is intertwined with politics because of the decision to close soccer. And once you get even a nose in politics it goes sideways

So where’s the line? Everything after that’s a bummer?

I highlighted where the posts cross the line. All the highlighted is okay to post in Off Topic

Dominic

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem right now is that soccer is intertwined with politics because of the decision to close soccer. And once you get even a nose in politics it goes sideways

So where’s the line? Everything after that’s a bummer?
Grace, soccer has always been about politics. Once the goat is 13 or 14, they must go to college to continue playing. That was the old days. If we can straighten out all the pay per play, we can have pure soccer and a forum that only talks about the great games being played.

This forum other than the Off Topic forum will now be void of any political or racially sensitive posts. Forum Members who cannot abide will be banned at my discretion.
Current threads who already have this type of content will be locked, or deleted.
This forum was created to discuss youth soccer, and lately we have totally gotten off track. I have read many of these divisive threads , so I know who the main participants are, and you will be watched.

Again Off Topic is the only allowable place for racially sensitive or political posts like it always has been. No I am not condoning attacks on this basis just discussion.

Dominic

Thank you. From the vast majority of us who can't stand it.

It sounds it's suuuuuuuuuper hard for you to say you don't tolerate racism in your forum. It's like you are telling the racists "come on, guys, be racists on the off topic forum".

It sounds it's suuuuuuuuuper hard for you to say you don't tolerate racism in your forum. It's like you are telling the racists "come on, guys, be racists on the off topic forum".
Go on a juice cleanse and come back in 7 days. I do it but I wont give up coffee and my healer wife says it's not a true cleanse if you drink coffee. I said, "too bad, I'm not giving up coffee at 5am." I then told her to get up at 5am everyday and see how you feel. She kissed me and said, "you make me laugh and that's why I married you."

1596389550477.png

Dominic
Thank you. The forum had lost its civility.

Thank you. The forum had lost its civility.

I note this is not a civility rule. We can apparently be as uncivil to each other as always so long as we stick to soccer and things like the impact of Covid on soccer so long as we don’t drift into politics. We are apparently still free to yell at each other for hurting kids by not letting them play soccer v killing grandma by playing soccer so long as we don’t talk about other things like mask mandates, political leaders, protests, schools or race.

I note this is not a civility rule. We can apparently be as uncivil to each other as always so long as we stick to soccer and things like the impact of Covid on soccer so long as we don’t drift into politics. We are apparently still free to yell at each other for hurting kids by not letting them play soccer v killing grandma by playing soccer so long as we don’t talk about other things like mask mandates, political leaders, protests, schools or race.
Yes, the decision made by Dominic probably has nothing to do with a civility rule, or does it? There has always been debate here that has gone past what is acceptable. Dominic has had to intervene at times over the years. With the going on's over the last 6 months many individuals have taken to make statements (albeit combined in the thousands) that have hit new pinnacles of inappropriate conjecture. In turn this forum became lost. It may not be written down or announced publicly anywhere but that's what has happened, a lack of civility or at least a threshold of tolerance. Posters could not make statements without being assaulted. Will these changes made do anything, maybe. More likely just contain it but not resolve it.

Yes, the decision made by Dominic probably has nothing to do with a civility rule, or does it? There has always been debate here that has gone past what is acceptable. Dominic has had to intervene at times over the years. With the going on's over the last 6 months many individuals have taken to make statements (albeit combined in the thousands) that have hit new pinnacles of inappropriate conjecture. In turn this forum became lost. It may not be written down or announced publicly anywhere but that's what has happened, a lack of civility or at least a threshold of tolerance. Posters could not make statements without being assaulted. Will these changes made do anything, maybe. More likely just contain it but not resolve it.

I will agree and upvote. Though I predict they'll still be a lot of conjecture so long as we are allowed to debate whether playing soccer=killing grandma, or not playing soccer=abusing kids because then people will argue over the reasons they should or shouldn't be allowed to play soccer. It's good to know where Dominic considers the line though, but I'll venture they'll still be a lot of closed topics. Because all it takes is something small and controversial (like: "soccer is safe for the kids, the IFR is less than the flu and even a car ride is more deadly"). In reality, given the new State guidance saying no soccer except distanced in the immediate future, and given that it essentially takes all tournaments and the fall 2020 season off the table, since almost everything else belongs in the COVID and Off Topics forum, there really should be little discussion in the Socal Forum (clubs which might survive, PT, what you miss about soccer).

Though interesting loophole. He only mentioned this forum and the off topic forum. Is the COVID forum done? Wouldn't discussion of whether soccer kills grandma or hurts kids be more appropriate for the COVID forum? And if so does politics belong in the COVID forum?

Do you ever stop crying? There's an "ignore" button... use it. You don't get to be the Wyatt Earp of the definition.

I will agree and upvote. Though I predict they'll still be a lot of conjecture so long as we are allowed to debate whether playing soccer=killing grandma, or not playing soccer=abusing kids because then people will argue over the reasons they should or shouldn't be allowed to play soccer. It's good to know where Dominic considers the line though, but I'll venture they'll still be a lot of closed topics. Because all it takes is something small and controversial (like: "soccer is safe for the kids, the IFR is less than the flu and even a car ride is more deadly"). In reality, given the new State guidance saying no soccer except distanced in the immediate future, and given that it essentially takes all tournaments and the fall 2020 season off the table, since almost everything else belongs in the COVID and Off Topics forum, there really should be little discussion in the Socal Forum (clubs which might survive, PT, what you miss about soccer).

Though interesting loophole. He only mentioned this forum and the off topic forum. Is the COVID forum done? Wouldn't discussion of whether soccer kills grandma or hurts kids be more appropriate for the COVID forum? And if so does politics belong in the COVID forum?

Sometimes less is more

Please dont suffocate another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back