Players Showcase 2020 corona virus

vegasguy

SILVER ELITE
I just checked with my team manager and we are still scheduled to play DA games at Silverlakes this weekend and here in Vegas next weekend.
ECNL is still a go also thus far. Less of a gathering of people is my thought as usually only two games are going on at the same time. Our boys are at Silverlakes to one day. Drinks at the Fieldhouse!

greekgirl

BRONZE
bummer and we had David Copperfield tics too - hopefully they will refund those. Sad for my older DD - this was her last Vegas trip with her teammates before they all go off to college after graduation :(

RedCard

SILVER ELITE
We regret that given heightened air travel concerns, and with the health of our soccer community in mind, the 2020 Players Showcase games for boys and girls have been cancelled.

The decision has been made in accordance with the guidance of public health and medical professionals as well as the ongoing acceleration of the coronavirus in communities from which our soccer families reside. As the number of cases increases, we have decided to exercise caution in the interest of our soccer partners.

Following the direction of US Youth Soccer, we have cancelled all tournament games in Las Vegas for both boys and girls weekends.

In the 21 year history of this tournament this is the first instance that we have had to cancel a game. Please be patient as we review all options going forward.

Regretfully,

Saeed Bonabian

The Jr. Cup statement..........

To: All Participating Nevada Jr Cup Teams

We regret to inform you that the very difficult decision has been made to postpone Nevada Jr. Cup this weekend . We will update you in the coming days in regards to the next steps, including registration fees.

While this wasn't an easy decision, it has been made in accordance with the direct advisement of US Youth Soccer (USYS) in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. USYS has canceled the upcoming weekends of their National League competition occurring here in Las Vegas and have recommended all members postpone any events that include interstate or long distance travel. These actions are necessary to ensure that we are doing everything we can to protect our players, their families and all others involved with these events.

With regard to hotel reservations, Traveling Teams will cancel all hotel reservations that were booked directly through them. There is no need to contact Traveling Teams or the hotel.

We'd like to thank you for your ongoing support of Nevada Jr. Cup as we manage our programming given the current health and travel environment. The safety and security of our soccer community is and always will be our highest priority. We will be in touch as further information becomes available.

With many clubs operating at barely above (or below) water, will the cancellation (and likely refunds) of these tournaments cause further ripples across the soccer landscape? (I think Players Showcase is run by a guy not a club- so might not have impact on a club. But I'm sure he has quite a bit of his money at risk here).

Frank

SILVER ELITE
With many clubs operating at barely above (or below) water, will the cancellation (and likely refunds) of these tournaments cause further ripples across the soccer landscape? (I think Players Showcase is run by a guy not a club- so might not have impact on a club. But I'm sure he has quite a bit of his money at risk here).
Could be his most profitable tourney. The rules say no refunds. With not having to pay refs his profit margins just went way up if they are not refunding. Teams will come back next year so he won't lose teams

The Outlaw

SILVER ELITE
Could be his most profitable tourney. The rules say no refunds. With not having to pay refs his profit margins just went way up if they are not refunding. Teams will come back next year so he won't lose teams
If he doesn't refund, you wouldn't see my team coming back. That's a shitty thing to do. At the very least, cover the expenses he's out and refund the rest back to the clubs.

Copa9

BRONZE
Looks like Players Showcase isn’t planning to follow USYS decision to cancel.
After US soccer's statement about women's soccer I wonder why anyone would have anything to do with
I just checked with my team manager and we are still scheduled to play DA games at Silverlakes this weekend and here in Vegas next weekend

After the post of US soccer today, I am wondering why any female player would want to have anything to do with US soccer!!

It’s a club in Vegas with the best rates in town. The showcase benefits the club immensely.

If he doesn't refund, you wouldn't see my team coming back. That's a shitty thing to do. At the very least, cover the expenses he's out and refund the rest back to the clubs.
How are these events the fault of the club? It’s never been canceled before. It’s unfortunate for everyone. Including us consumers. The showcase was supposed to start Friday. A lot of the money has already been spent . Not to mention the hotel kickbacks, gone. Merchandise sales gone.

Frank

SILVER ELITE
I guess you'll never do Surf as they didnt full refund their Surf Thanksgiving this past year and only gave a 25% credit for future tournaments. Guess what; they will be turning teams away this year.

The Outlaw

SILVER ELITE
How are these events the fault of the club? It’s never been canceled before. It’s unfortunate for everyone. Including us consumers. The showcase was supposed to start Friday. A lot of the money has already been spent . Not to mention the hotel kickbacks, gone. Merchandise sales gone.
I never said it was the fault of the club. I said to profit on it is wrong. Keep enough to cover whatever he's out and refund the rest. Sorry... you didn't make a windfall. All the people coming to it will still lose money. That's how you treat a customer... and that's what all of us are.