Players Showcase 2020 corona virus

whatithink

SILVER ELITE
Its like you saw & raised … fair enough on a "Vegas" thread.

I expect the Oracle event was getting cancellation requests as businesses stop (non-essential) travel, so they moved it rather than cancel.

NFL seems to be a definitely maybe press release.

jpeter

PREMIER
Made an edit to your post.
"can’t believe with all this corona virus going on youth soccer parents are allowing these kids to go to Vegas and play soccer...all for fun and possible college "exposure".

Guess everyone should stay home & stock up on wipes, tp, & water play videogames and watch Netflix instead.

vegasguy

GOLD
Oracle delayed there even but that is not stopping Conex (or whatever it is called) and others. Now there are those that cancelled not from fear of Vegas but from travel fear. none of our strip shows have gone dark. You can not eat at a buffet because well some of you all do not wash your hands and that is gross when grabbing at food. But maybe that is a good thing with or without COVID-19. @shales1002 has it right we entertain like no other. This is not your diamond princess cruise hanging out in the ocean. PAC12 finals are still on. WAC is a maybe I think. WCC finals just completed as did the Mountain West tournament. So far so good. Vegas Cup (0 COVID-19 reports), Best of the West LAX (0 reports). Our two county positives are a 50yr male who traveled from Washington and was ill before and a 70+ in poor health elderly. Seattle is more of a hot zone that we are. Please stop the panic. Enjoy Players and let's hope the coaches come and enjoy too.

outside!

PREMIER
You are joking, right? College coaches won't attend because national league canceled? That is not the draw! It's the other 40 brackets (with 8 teams each) at the U16/U17 level. I agree with @vegasguy. Vegas is still hosting and entertaining the world. Wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough/sneeze, and then wash your hands. Soccer on!
With National League cancelled/postponed, a not insignificant portion of the players that college coaches were interested in scouting will not be there. That coupled with college travel restrictions will significantly decrease the number of coaches that will attend.

This is not the flu.

vegasguy

GOLD
National League is not the driver of this showcase. The showcase has always attracted college coaches which drew the National League to combining with the showcase. This is a top tier event. There is plenty of talent within the showcase teams playing.

Now if universities are restricting travel then yes it will diminish but not because of National League pulling out.

Oracle delayed there even but that is not stopping Conex (or whatever it is called) and others. Now there are those that cancelled not from fear of Vegas but from travel fear. none of our strip shows have gone dark. You can not eat at a buffet because well some of you all do not wash your hands and that is gross when grabbing at food. But maybe that is a good thing with or without COVID-19. @shales1002 has it right we entertain like no other. This is not your diamond princess cruise hanging out in the ocean. PAC12 finals are still on. WAC is a maybe I think. WCC finals just completed as did the Mountain West tournament. So far so good. Vegas Cup (0 COVID-19 reports), Best of the West LAX (0 reports). Our two county positives are a 50yr male who traveled from Washington and was ill before and a 70+ in poor health elderly. Seattle is more of a hot zone that we are. Please stop the panic. Enjoy Players and let's hope the coaches come and enjoy too.
My dd will probably have to stay back next week but my buddy and I are coming out for Poker next week regardless. Let me know if you hear anything else that might keep me from coming but I coming as of now. Go Vegas!!!

With National League cancelled/postponed, a not insignificant portion of the players that college coaches were interested in scouting will not be there. That coupled with college travel restrictions will significantly decrease the number of coaches that will attend.

This is not the flu.
I know it’s not the flu. Nor was I trying to minimize the significance. @hugyourkids had a valid point earlier on to which I conceded.

vegasguy

GOLD
What should have happened was the kids continue to play. They seem to not be affected or infected at this point. It is the adults that are the issue. So ban them/adults from the field and let the kids play. The coaches would appreciate this. joking of course. It is a tough call. It hurts the players, Players and our economy.

The Outlaw

PREMIER
What should have happened is we should have started shooting lawyers for frivolous lawsuits. My company stopped us from any business flights and it's directly related to exposure. We've allowed these bullshit lawsuits for such a long time now that everyone has to cover their asses for every imaginable reason. If judges started forcing attorneys to pick up the costs when losing these idiotic cases, it would stop tomorrow.