Players Showcase 2020 corona virus

BTW, if a coach tells you this is your dd one chance to been scene, you know how much your coach is full of you know what. Plus, you will know if he cares about your dd haelth. It's just one stop of 5 or 6 throughout the year. Plus, all the girls can actually visit the coach and campuses June 15th. Go meet the school, watch a practice and pop in and say hi to the coach :) That's what were doing. No emails. Pop in visits only.

Scara999

BRONZE
In a previous email from the Players Showcase, they said they would follow recommendations from USYS. I guess for the love of money, they are willing to sacrifice the health of many young children. What options does a team have? Not going and losing out on entry fee?? This is not a small problem. This issue is altering MLB, NHL, NBA, March Madness, universities, etc.

In a previous email from the Players Showcase, they said they would follow recommendations from USYS. I guess for the love of money, they are willing to sacrifice the health of many young children. What options does a team have? Not going and losing out on entry fee?? This is not a small problem. This issue is altering MLB, NHL, NBA, March Madness, universities, etc.
It's interesting they'd nix one and not the other. I don't understand that logic.

As parents you should always consider if travel is appropriate or safe for children and the arraignments. Personal choice

Don't know much about this tournament but this late I would venture to guess hotel, airfare, and others are too late to cancel without penalties.

The entry fees well that's up to the tournament policies,sometimes its No refunds for cancelled or shortened games others will give a"discount" on future tournaments or a 25% refund or something along those lines. USYS takes tare of the national league so not sure teams individually paid the entry fees?

Coaches either going to more around due to fewer teams now that NL is not going or maybe some won't show? Hard to tell but its Vegas and a popular destination.

Many colleges are cancelling all non-essential travel. My personnel belief is that sports are not essential. With USYS National League cancelling, the incentive for college coaches to attend as diminished significantly.
You are joking, right? College coaches won't attend because national league canceled? That is not the draw! It's the other 40 brackets (with 8 teams each) at the U16/U17 level. I agree with @vegasguy. Vegas is still hosting and entertaining the world. Wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough/sneeze, and then wash your hands. Soccer on!

Does anyone know of any teams (besides those in the USYS bracket) that have dropped out? I imagine there may be a few "no-shows". It's going to be an interesting weekend for sure. Stay healthy everyone!

You are joking, right? College coaches won't attend because national league canceled? That is not the draw! It's the other 40 brackets (with 8 teams each) at the U16/U17 level. I agree with @vegasguy. Vegas is still hosting and entertaining the world. Wash your hands, cover your mouth when you cough/sneeze, and then wash your hands. Soccer on!
I think it doesn’t matter what the draw is. Most universities are starting to require specific approval for any staff travel, even domestic, and it must be essential. Recruiting trips are unlikely to be considered essential and therefore most college coaches likely will have to cancel attendance. Several colleges are going online and sending most kids home, and many have cancelled their spring sports, so hard to believe they would think a youth tournament essential.

I think it doesn’t matter what the draw is. Most universities are starting to require specific approval for any staff travel, even domestic, and it must be essential. Recruiting trips are unlikely to be considered essential and therefore most college coaches likely will have to cancel attendance. Several colleges are going online and sending most kids home, and many have cancelled their spring sports, so hard to believe they would think a youth tournament essential.
I was responding to the previous post which mentioned USYS specifically. Who knows what the turnout will be as far as coaches are concerned. You have a valid point with regards to non-essential travel. Players Showcase is played over two weekends. The first games being played Friday, 3/13/20. Perhaps the correspondence was to address this upcoming weekend's games for the boys. As all of this continues to spread, perhaps next week different correspondence is forthcoming.

Danielle

BRONZE
I can’t believe with all this corona virus going on youth soccer is allowing these kids to go to Vegas and get exposed ..all for money

whatithink

SILVER ELITE
Vegas is still hosting and entertaining the world.

Just cancelled for April, moved to August.

Due to increasing concerns about the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, and to help protect the health and safety of our customers, employees, partners and everyone who helps host the event, Oracle NetSuite is postponing SuiteWorld20, originally scheduled for April 20 - 23, 2020 in Las Vegas, until August 10 - 13, 2020. The event will still be held at The Venetian Resort and the Sands Expo Convention Center in Las Vegas.

Just cancelled for April, moved to August.

Due to increasing concerns about the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, and to help protect the health and safety of our customers, employees, partners and everyone who helps host the event, Oracle NetSuite is postponing SuiteWorld20, originally scheduled for April 20 - 23, 2020 in Las Vegas, until August 10 - 13, 2020. The event will still be held at The Venetian Resort and the Sands Expo Convention Center in Las Vegas.

NFL Draft is Scheduled in April. Not canceled. Again hosting and entertaining. Unless we are going to lockdown like Italy, Vegas will entertain until the wheels fall off.