Player Development vs Super Team Chasing?

@Luis Andres - You gotta let go of worrying about other kids on the team. There is no such thing as a balanced team where all of the players are equal...every team has that player that is better and that player that's worse...that will never change. Instead focus on the opportunity and challenge that will help your kid get better. I think it's better to play on a team where your kid is challenged and has to do a little more versus playing on a stacked team where they end up relying on others and just coast through games.

@Luis Andres - You gotta let go of worrying about other kids on the team. There is no such thing as a balanced team where all of the players are equal...every team has that player that is better and that player that's worse...that will never change. Instead focus on the opportunity and challenge that will help your kid get better. I think it's better to play on a team where your kid is challenged and has to do a little more versus playing on a stacked team where they end up relying on others and just coast through games.

With all due respect as far as that aspect mentioned you could be right and I could be wrong. This is my second season doing club soccer and I’m just the type of person to question the status quo and debate things. I’ve learned a lot from you veterans and have shifted some of my views on things. I’m not perfect and I make mistakes but I’m smart to recognize them and correct them right away. Thank you all for expressing your views and opinions. I appreciate everyone’s honesty.

Seems like he got fired for a conflict of interest. For having two top players go to Europe instead of staying local. I did not find anything about bullying. Can you post the link to that article that justifies your claim.?

Ask around town........it's easy to find out about but of course it's not being publicized

Funny just checked out the views on this thread and it has gone up over 5000 views since sat. I wonder if people are tuning in to read the content or watch the Luis and Fact show. lol. #smh

Last edited:
Funny just checked out the views on this thread and it has gone up over 5000 views since sat. I wonder if people are tuning in to read the content or watch the Luis and Fact show. lol. #smh
You sure have a high opinion of your worth ...mistakenly.

The coach you quote has lost his job, and currently license suspended from a history of bullying among other things. He's also yet to do it with more than this one super-talented group. If he does it with a new group, it'll mean a lot more.
I use to have a good opinion of BK but about 2 years ago that changed. Remarks were shared from a concrete know it and they were terribly negative. Since then more chunks trickled out. Also there were pieces written on their blog that were questionable compared to earlier articles. Even at TFA when BK was there his dismal had question marks. As tactician, a purveyor of philosophic ideas on how the game should be played, and his approach to the game were superior to many. It’s to bad he took things beyond acceptable.

@Fact so you went back to all my posts in threads outside this to rate them dumb. It’s on..gonna build a bot to rate dumb every time you post. You never knew I can write code huh?> you sure got a lot of time on your hands. But better yet, I’m a platinum member so I can erase all your ratings...so keep wasting your time. They are all gone

Last edited:
There you go @Fact go check your last 160 posts. You gonna need to open up your wallet now and pay your dues to Dominic to get rid of all the dumb ratings. I don’t mess with you but if you want war. It’s on

Last edited:
There you go @Fact go check your last 160 posts. You gonna need to open up your wallet now and pay up to Dominic to get rid of all the dumb ratings.
Luis, I tried to hold off responding but I can't take it anymore. I'm with Fact on this rant contest. Let me tell you a story bro. When my dd went to her first club tryout for Arsenal South in Temecula back in 2010, we were told we would play U8 for the coming up season. I took my kid to the "tryout" and we only had 9 kids show up for 7x7. 4 kids were 8 years old and could only play U9. So we decided to play up and let's just say we got our asses kicked just about every weekend. We had this one dad from Lake Elsinore named Louis, I kid you not, who told all the kids what to do every freaking game. He annoyed the shit out of me for telling my dd what to do all the time. My dd played defense and saved some goals but also let a few of the bigger girls roll her over and make a pancake out of her. Louis's kid was the biggest and oldest on the team and played CM and Louis trained her after practice as well. He would get all mad too because my kid let the goal in sometimes. Anyway, my first season with my daughters club life sucked because of Louis. We made the Governor's division for state cup too, barely. 3rd game after losing first two we are getting killed 6-0 and Louis is still yelling at the kids and my kid too. Finally, I snapped!!!! I told Luis to shut the HELL up and to never talk to my kid again. Louis was 6 3', 240 and was doing Crystal Meth I found out later as well. He came right in my face and challenged me to fight right there, in freaking Antelope Valley. I'm 5'9 on a good day. Anyway, I ran away to the parking lot with my wife and found Jenny Lawlor standing by her car and the rest is history :)

Luis, I tried to hold off responding but I can't take it anymore. I'm with Fact on this rant contest. Let me tell you a story bro. When my dd went to her first club tryout for Arsenal South in Temecula back in 2010, we were told we would play U8 for the coming up season. I took my kid to the "tryout" and we only had 9 kids show up for 7x7. 4 kids were 8 years old and could only play U9. So we decided to play up and let's just say we got our asses kicked just about every weekend. We had this one dad from Lake Elsinore named Louis, I kid you not, who told all the kids what to do every freaking game. He annoyed the shit out of me for telling my dd what to do all the time. My dd played defense and saved some goals but also let a few of the bigger girls roll her over and make a pancake out of her. Louis's kid was the biggest and oldest on the team and played CM and Louis trained her after practice as well. He would get all mad too because my kid let the goal in sometimes. Anyway, my first season with my daughters club life sucked because of Louis. We made the Governor's division for state cup too, barely. 3rd game after losing first two we are getting killed 6-0 and Louis is still yelling at the kids and my kid too. Finally, I snapped!!!! I told Luis to shut the HELL up and to never talk to my kid again. Louis was 6 3', 240 and was doing Crystal Meth I found out later as well. He came right in my face and challenged me to fight right there, in freaking Antelope Valley. I'm 5'9 on a good day. Anyway, I ran away to the parking lot with my wife and found Jenny Lawlor standing by her car and the rest is history :)

Wow that is an extreme case. And I feel bad for what you had to go through. No one should have to go through that and he should have been kicked out from the get go. I would never scream at another kid that is not mine like this guy did. Was he the coach? As far as fact, it’s about him not contributing to the subject matter and just acting dumb and not having anything to say. Everyone else is posting their argument and that’s what it’s about. We are having a friendly debate. If he was posting with some sort of constructive logic, I’m all ears and will respond accordingly but he is just spamming this thread and has nothing to say that is thoughtful and constructive to the subject matter at hand. He is just doing this to piss me off. And him going back to all my posts and rating them dumb was just uncalled for. I don’t go attacking him like he has done to me unless he attacks me first. So I’m not sure why you taking his side when we are talking about player development vs super teams and he has not provided any arguments but just trash talking, negative rating bs. @JumboJack, @Nefutous you got anything to add to the subject matter?

Last edited:
Wow that is an extreme case. And I feel bad for what you had to go through. No one should have to go through that and he should have been kicked out from the get go. I would never scream at another kid that is not mine like this guy did. Was he the coach? As far as fact, it’s about him not contributing to the subject matter and just acting dumb and not having anything to say. Everyone else is posting their argument and that’s what it’s about. We are having a friendly debate. If he was posting with some sort of constructive logic, I’m all ears and will respond accordingly but he is just spamming this thread and has nothing to say that is thoughtful and constructive to the subject matter at hand. He is just doing this to piss me off. And him going back to all my posts and rating them dumb was just uncalled for. I don’t go attacking him like he has done to me unless he attacks me first. So I’m not sure why you taking his side when we are talking about player development vs super teams and he has not provided any arguments but just trash talking, negative rating bs. @JumboJack you got anything to add to the subject matter?
Louis thought he was the coach Luis and Fact was pissed because the girls are only 8. Fact is 100% in the right on this bro. This is not extreme anymore either Luis. I'm sad to inform you that it's getting worse on the sidelines everyday and someone is going to get very hurt unfortunately.

Louis thought he was the coach Luis and Fact was pissed because the girls are only 8. Fact is 100% in the right on this bro. This is not extreme anymore either Luis. I'm sad to inform you that it's getting worse on the sidelines everyday and someone is going to get very hurt unfortunately.

I’m not sure how that relates to player development vs super team chasing which is why I came here in the first place to talk about that subject. Who’s talking about some crazy parent screaming at all the 8 year old girls from the team? Not me and I’m not doing that so why do you compare me to him when you don’t even know me. I’m no saint to say that I have never said things on the field to my own DD on what to do in games but that’s my daughter. I see that all the time with other parents on the team and parents from other teams we play. Things like shoot, run, pass, look behind you etc. Whatever you say to your child in games is on you and in context with the relationship you have with your kid. So who’s talking about all that you are referring to not me but you and fact. I know it’s getting crazy out there. The only time I almost got jumped after a game was when I saw the coach from the other team bad mouthing our girls and I couldn’t resist but to talk back to him. Then all the ex cholo parents from the other team wanted to come after me but aside from that I have never witnessed a brawl in a game

I’m talking about how to maximize player development by balancing teams, I’m talking about player development being the responsibility of the player not only pinning it to the coach who spends a limited amount of time teaching them how to play soccer not developing individual players. I’m talking winning goes hand in hand with development. I’m talking about super teams and my respect for them to cut and recruit. I’m not talking about a whole team of 8 year old girls being taunted by a parent.

Last edited:
@Justus the one thing that I’m curious about is why the coach of the team allowed this parent to go over his authority during games and instruct all the girls on what to do? I’ve seen many coaches joy stick teams and I’m ok with that if it needs to happen at times. I know it’s the coach’s job to put him in his place. As far as I’m concern if I have an issue with the coach and his direction with the team and progress I talk to him 1 on 1. Which to me that’s fine and the right way to go about it.

@Justus the one thing that I’m curious about is why the coach of the team allowed this parent to go over his authority during games and instruct all the girls on what to do? I’ve seen many coaches joy stick teams and I’m ok with that if it needs to happen at times. I know it’s the coach’s job to put him in his place. As far as I’m concern if I have an issue with the coach and his direction with the team and progress I talk to him 1 on 1. Which to me that’s fine and the right way to go about it.
Great questions Luis. Louis the dad coach did all his coaching from our side and our coach was far, far away and was overwhelmed in life I think with three kids and being a single mom. Were talking 7 and 8 years old, right? I didn't have 1 on 1 talks with coaches and I don't remember the joy sticking. I only remember Louis telling everyone where to go. He didn't start yelling until the big Governors tournament at State Cup that he thought we had a chance to advance in.

Great questions Luis. Louis the dad coach did all his coaching from our side and our coach was far, far away and was overwhelmed in life I think with three kids and being a single mom. Were talking 7 and 8 years old, right? I didn't have 1 on 1 talks with coaches and I don't remember the joy sticking. I only remember Louis telling everyone where to go. He didn't start yelling until the big Governors tournament at State Cup that he thought we had a chance to advance in.

Ok so it just happened during state cup not throughout the regular season. So it was a one time event I’m assuming? Interesting, so the coach was a female. Maybe she was intimidated by him? That’s what I would think. I understand she may have been overwhelmed by her own personal life but that is no excuse for her to let it happen and not confront him. My two cents. So he was the only one that thought you guys had a chance to advance in the tournament interesting. So what happened after that incident when you saw him again at team practice?

Last edited:
Back