Placer United stirring it up

I'm not saying I support/don't support what he did, but you have to wonder what the motive was. Is he a coach or something for another club? Just curious.

I'm not saying I support/don't support what he did, but you have to wonder what the motive was. Is he a coach or something for another club? Just curious.
Only he would truly know his motivation. He should be commended for exposing Placer's lack of commitment to the well-being of their players and families during a global pandemic in addition to all of his other past contributions during his career.

Only he would truly know his motivation. He should be commended for exposing Placer's lack of commitment to the well-being of their players and families during a global pandemic in addition to all of his other past contributions during his career.
The way that it was spun was just so crazy too. Many said the photos were old, etc. He was just a disgruntled parent of a kid that didn't make it.. you know the drill.

We were with that club during that time, (we have since moved on,) but man-what a crazy time! I think the resignation of the DOC was in fact a bit telling.

The FBI agents I know are motivated by general do-goodery. Glad they are on our side, but not really that fun to drink with. He is tied in with Roseville YSC...which is a rec club with some bronze/silver level teams. They aren't really the serving the same target market as PUSC. I'm sure he was just irked that the rules weren't being followed.

Sommercamp was extensively quoted in the ESPN.com article that discussed the Kings exec's $13 Million dollar heist. Its a fascinating story:

The FBI agents I know are motivated by general do-goodery. Glad they are on our side, but not really that fun to drink with. He is tied in with Roseville YSC...which is a rec club with some bronze/silver level teams. They aren't really the serving the same target market as PUSC. I'm sure he was just irked that the rules weren't being followed.

Sommercamp was extensively quoted in the ESPN.com article that discussed the Kings exec's $13 Million dollar heist. Its a fascinating story:
RYSC (where he coaches) is absolutely competing for players with Placer. That might clue people in as to his motivation.

RYSC (where he coaches) is absolutely competing for players with Placer. That might clue people in as to his motivation.
100% agree. Even more so now with the dumpster fire happening at Placer United. With all of the defections it will be hard for them to field the competitive teams they advertise. They are perilously close to becoming a 2nd tier club in the years ahead if they aren't able to secure a spot in ECNL girls to stop the talent from going to the other ECNL clubs.

The way that it was spun was just so crazy too. Many said the photos were old, etc. He was just a disgruntled parent of a kid that didn't make it.. you know the drill.

We were with that club during that time, (we have since moved on,) but man-what a crazy time! I think the resignation of the DOC was in fact a bit telling.
So which club did your dd end up leaving Placer for?

So which club did your dd end up leaving Placer for?
She (and a handful of others that left,) are just doing training with a personal trainer several times a week in a "cohort" of sorts until more restrictions are lifted. It's actually been a great way to improve upon het skills. They are much more free in what they can work on vs when they were attached to Placer. They are still young enough where this little break from a club shouldn't be too detrimental. If they were in HS, we may be singing a different tune!

Robo bled Placer of that 05 team. Going to be interesting to see how minutes are divided amongst all those "personalities" ;) and how well received they are in Yolo.

Anybody know if Placer is anywhere close to those promised fields which, as I see it, are the make-or-break chip necessary for ECNL consideration.

Robo bled Placer of that 05 team. Going to be interesting to see how minutes are divided amongst all those "personalities" ;) and how well received they are in Yolo.

Anybody know if Placer is anywhere close to those promised fields which, as I see it, are the make-or-break chip necessary for ECNL consideration.
Explain about the fields.

Explain about the fields.

Well, supposedly Placer had plans, or has plans, to build a complex with outdoor fields. I'd have to google it but I'd heard that was kind of what ECNL was waiting on as part of their consideration. Without fields or the DA, Placer loses some of the muscle they once had... especially after O'Brien leaving the club.

I believe they tried to get a complex going years ago too. But with the whole ECNL (girls) attempt it brought it to the surface again. They said those fields now should be ready by fall or winter. But, I have no clue if that's even accurate anymore.

I believe they tried to get a complex going years ago too. But with the whole ECNL (girls) attempt it brought it to the surface again. They said those fields now should be ready by fall or winter. But, I have no clue if that's even accurate anymore.

Good news... the complex was completed in 2015 or 2016. Last I heard, there's a high school being built in that area but nothing on soccer fields.

Good news... the complex was completed in 2015 or 2016. Last I heard, there's a high school being built in that area but nothing on soccer fields.

Ya, the new proposed fields they mentioned last Spring are in a totally different spot-but, I'm surprised there is no word those. My guess is covid made it really hard to fund it.
The indoor facility could use a refresh too.

Ya, the new proposed fields they mentioned last Spring are in a totally different spot-but, I'm surprised there is no word those. My guess is covid made it really hard to fund it.
The indoor facility could use a refresh too.

Yeah... I think you're right. At some point there was also supposed to be something closer to West Roseville but I thought that was more a city thing than a Placer thing. Regardless, with everyone else having their own fields now, the pressure is on Benjamin to get that done.

My son has played at placer for many years and yes they aren’t perfect but what club is? He has always had good coaches that care about the kids and teach the game the right way. I checked out numerous clubs in the greater sacramento area and I thought Placer was the best choice for us. When the boys were young they were taught to play out of the back and although It can be frustrating at times as it costs wins at the younger ages they have developed well. Deanza was the only other club I saw that was committed to that style of play at such a young age (u9, u10 etc). Now many clubs are teaching it. I will also say that in my experience placer plays the bottom kids on each team much more than all the teams that we play. The best kid at ten isn’t always the best kid at 15-16 and they practice that. Each team/age group is different but that’s been my experience at Placer. We know many kids at our main cross town rival and the difference in development is night and day. Most parents I know that left had an axe to grind (not talking about leaving for ECNL) whether it was their kid not making the team they wanted or not playing the position the parents thought they should play, guessing this is the case with Maskless? Also the kids go in and out of the back door At the facility to keep the spread of germs down for Covid. Thought that was obvious but when you have an axe to grind you can have clouded judgement. Also that private investigator coaches an 04 or 05 girls team and if I remember right he is a bit of a lunatic on the sidelines. FYI his soccer club is entering teams in out of state tourneys which I don’t have a problem with but seems a bit hipocritical as he was playing wannabe magnum PI recording minors a while back. In closing I might be drinking the koolaid but Davis San Juan and Placer are the best all around clubs in the region and I don’t think any other clubs are close. Very long rant but I had to weigh in for the haters!

My son has played at placer for many years and yes they aren’t perfect but what club is? He has always had good coaches that care about the kids and teach the game the right way. I checked out numerous clubs in the greater sacramento area and I thought Placer was the best choice for us. When the boys were young they were taught to play out of the back and although It can be frustrating at times as it costs wins at the younger ages they have developed well. Deanza was the only other club I saw that was committed to that style of play at such a young age (u9, u10 etc). Now many clubs are teaching it. I will also say that in my experience placer plays the bottom kids on each team much more than all the teams that we play. The best kid at ten isn’t always the best kid at 15-16 and they practice that. Each team/age group is different but that’s been my experience at Placer. We know many kids at our main cross town rival and the difference in development is night and day. Most parents I know that left had an axe to grind (not talking about leaving for ECNL) whether it was their kid not making the team they wanted or not playing the position the parents thought they should play, guessing this is the case with Maskless? Also the kids go in and out of the back door At the facility to keep the spread of germs down for Covid. Thought that was obvious but when you have an axe to grind you can have clouded judgement. Also that private investigator coaches an 04 or 05 girls team and if I remember right he is a bit of a lunatic on the sidelines. FYI his soccer club is entering teams in out of state tourneys which I don’t have a problem with but seems a bit hipocritical as he was playing wannabe magnum PI recording minors a while back. In closing I might be drinking the koolaid but Davis San Juan and Placer are the best all around clubs in the region and I don’t think any other clubs are close. Very long rant but I had to weigh in for the haters!

Not sure I'd agree with "always had good coaches". Unsworth seems strong. Scammacca is a douchebag. Finley is strong and BJ seems solid. Most of the others are fairly new or have the "B" team. Everybody leaves because they have an axe to grind. Some players leave multiple clubs because of an axe to grind. I've never heard anyone say anything positive about Paul. Let's hope Ron stays humble and finds a way to get fields after all these years. Blues did it in less than 10. Why is San Juan just now getting them? And I don't count the indoor facility as "fields". It's only good for U10 weekend camps. San Juan has money problems and a 50% new staff like Placer. I think, on both sides of the sexes, Davis stands alone. Placer won't stand above anyone if they don't get ECNL or fields soon. People aren't Placer fans because of the history and arrogance.

Why is the back door of Tinker safer than the front door?

If you go in the front door all the kids are bottlenecked through a smaller area and hallway where the back/side door you enter into one of the fields. Every club has good and bad coaches, I have been happy with the coaches we have had. I don’t know 2/4 coaches @tjsoccer talks about but it seems like the best coaches in a lot of sports can be a lil arrogant/strong willed. Not getting ECNL for the girls is a big blow. I’ve watched 03-06 DA girls teams the last couple years and they definitely had the talent there to be granted ECNL but I guess it’s more than just having that. It seems like being 40 min away would be enough space from SJ and Davis? A lot of girls did leave and that sucks although I understand, the boys side loses many kids to Sac Republic as well.

Back