Placer United stirring it up

For anyone who thinks Placer didn't get into ECNL because of on field reasons is lying to themselves or don't know the level of play well enough. Not saying I blame SJ/Davis but clearly why would they want a 3rd club in the region in ECNL?
So are the boys different? Because the Placer boys got ECNL. I guess I don't understand why they would but the girls didn't.

For anyone who thinks Placer didn't get into ECNL because of on field reasons is lying to themselves or don't know the level of play well enough. Not saying I blame SJ/Davis but clearly why would they want a 3rd club in the region in ECNL?
This is what I heard (not first-hand) - same thing with Bay Area (formerly Earthquakes). Personally, I would have loved to have both in ECNL - less travel and at least as good, likely better, than most teams we travel to play in the NW in the age groups I saw.

So are the boys different? Because the Placer boys got ECNL. I guess I don't understand why they would but the girls didn't.

Both the 04 and 05 Placer girls teams were significantly better than the average ECNL team. The 05’s (who had 4 YNT pool players) beat all 3 ECNL opponents they faced last season and beat one local founding ECNL 05 team by 5 goals (the 04’s tied that same club, whose 04 team is top 10 nationally). Placer had club wide friendlies against another local ECNL club, but Placer played their teams up an age group to even things out.
Both the Quakes (now Bay Area FC) and Placer girls did not get ECNL, but would have likely been national contenders in both the 04 and 05 age groups if they had. I wish I had direct insight into how clubs were chosen this year, but I can only guess that as others have said, such is how it goes when founding members who are in direct competition have input into the selection process.

Yes. Nor Cal is kinda running the nor cal division of boys ecnl. They have partnership with ECNL where 6 ecnl clubs plus 4 nor cal clubs choose by nor cal are part of the boys side. Much different set up to the girls.

Same reason why Quakes/FC Bay Area didn't get in is MVLA/Thorns but more so MVLA I'm thinking saying "ummm I don't think so. Like many things in life, It's who you know, not what you know that often matters in the end.

Both the 04 and 05 Placer girls teams were significantly better than the average ECNL team. The 05’s (who had 4 YNT pool players) beat all 3 ECNL opponents they faced last season and beat one local founding ECNL 05 team by 5 goals (the 04’s tied that same club, whose 04 team is top 10 nationally). Placer had club wide friendlies against another local ECNL club, but Placer played their teams up an age group to even things out.
Both the Quakes (now Bay Area FC) and Placer girls did not get ECNL, but would have likely been national contenders in both the 04 and 05 age groups if they had. I wish I had direct insight into how clubs were chosen this year, but I can only guess that as others have said, such is how it goes when founding members who are in direct competition have input into the selection process.
I won't disagree with anything you're saying. But your use of the past tense helps illustrate my point. Those teams, at least the 05 team, no longer exist. The present reality is ECNL made a hard pass on Placer despite the success and promise those teams had. It will be even more difficult for them to gain entry given the hard reset at Placer caused by the loss of talent bc DA folded, ECNL denied, and the other off field issues. It's just the reality of the situation. Maybe the 06 thru 2010 teams can rally enough to make a case for ECNL but I haven't heard to much chatter about those age groups so it doesn't seem promising. Last I heard Blues was dominating those age groups in that rivalry. It's a hot mess at Placer. The struggle is real.

Yes. Nor Cal is kinda running the nor cal division of boys ecnl. They have partnership with ECNL where 6 ecnl clubs plus 4 nor cal clubs choose by nor cal are part of the boys side. Much different set up to the girls.

Same reason why Quakes/FC Bay Area didn't get in is MVLA/Thorns but more so MVLA I'm thinking saying "ummm I don't think so. Like many things in life, It's who you know, not what you know that often matters in the end.
Deza might have also burned some bridges the way he left ECNL for DA when that occurred-- I think basically took his force teams to quakes before season ended and caused some forfeits.

Deza might have also burned some bridges the way he left ECNL for DA when that occurred-- I think basically took his force teams to quakes before season ended and caused some forfeits.
Yes, that played it's role as well. I guess ECNL liked Baicher more :) Although having a name like Brandi on your staff I'm sure helped as well

Yes, and caused their team to give up Far West and National Championship glory for what? Why not wait until after 2017 season? I was shocked that team bailed in the middle of the season for greener pasture. Lot's of green in the pasture to make the move? I was so pissed off. Yes, we won the semi's against Nocal top team 8-0. I wanted Deza and he took his team out halfway in the season and I'm still smfh.......

Yes, and caused their team to give up Far West and National Championship glory for what? Why not wait until after 2017 season? I was shocked that team bailed in the middle of the season for greener pasture. Lot's of green in the pasture to make the move? I was so pissed off. Yes, we won the semi's against Nocal top team 8-0. I wanted Deza and he took his team out halfway in the season and I'm still smfh.......
I would probably say it wasn't the top NorCal team if it was 8-0, unless you are saying it was the team representing Norcal in which case maybe. I don't know what Far West/National Championship is, but I don't think MVLA or San Juan or Mustang which were/are other top teams in NorCal would have been beaten 8-0 unless it was their second teams and even then that is a big number.

Why not wait? Pressure from both ECNL and DA. Both were saying “if you are friends with Suzie, then you can’t be friends with me”.

One more reason closed leagues suck.

I would probably say it wasn't the top NorCal team if it was 8-0, unless you are saying it was the team representing Norcal in which case maybe. I don't know what Far West/National Championship is, but I don't think MVLA or San Juan or Mustang which were/are other top teams in NorCal would have been beaten 8-0 unless it was their second teams and even then that is a big number.
It was Nocals top team bro. The other top team, MLVA played for some other National Championship. Deza bailed for the green and took his goats with him. Our team beat his team early on so were #1. Here I was at Five Points in Seattle, dumb, foolish and a sucker dad thinking we were the true champs. I was told that but I knew better.

The top players on the top team all quit mid season to form Quakes. The bench players played out the rest of the season. So, they had the same jerseys as the team with all the wins, but that’s about it.

Why not wait? Pressure from both ECNL and DA. Both were saying “if you are friends with Suzie, then you can’t be friends with me”.

One more reason closed leagues suck.
GDA was on a mission to teach and force the new Philosophy down our throats and rid America of the gaming circuit leagues that parents love to drive all over for and it;s just pure fun :) GDA wanted Full time soccer, 4 days a week and all the other pressures that come with a kid who just wants to play the game. Three years ago they started in September 2017 and because of Covid, they shut their doors for good this year

It was Nocals top team bro. The other top team, MLVA played for some other National Championship. Deza bailed for the green and took his goats with him. Our team beat his team early on so were #1. Here I was at Five Points in Seattle, dumb, foolish and a sucker dad thinking we were the true champs. I was told that but I knew better.
Name that team -- if it wasn't one of the teams that was previously named it wasn't a top team in NorCal. You even say the other top team MVLA (they aren't the other top team -- they are the top team Deza's team included although those 2 teams haven't played in like 4 years so who knows now). Sorry you have been sold so many bills of goods

Name that team -- if it wasn't one of the teams that was previously named it wasn't a top team in NorCal. You even say the other top team MVLA (they aren't the other top team -- they are the top team Deza's team included although those 2 teams haven't played in like 4 years so who knows now). Sorry you have been sold so many bills of goods
Come on, I watched Deza's Force team play and Barcelona ((MLVA) and MLVA beat us and we beat Deza team twice. Plus we beat them when they were the Quakes. I can, with humility, tell you that MLVA was the best 04 team in 2017 but barely. Today, they might just be #1 in the country.

Come on, I watched Deza's Force team play and Barcelona ((MLVA) and MLVA beat us and we beat Deza team twice. Plus we beat them when they were the Quakes. I can, with humility, tell you that MLVA was the best 04 team in 2017 but barely. Today, they might just be #1 in the country.
All I was initially saying, was that the team your daughters team beat 8-0 back in summer 2017 (summer before DA started) wasn't a top team in NorCal, unless it was MVLA or San Juan or Mustang.

Back