PK Shootout

Yeah, my daughter went 2nd - saved 3 and scored 1 but fell short and ended their HS season. The other GK (headed to TCU in the fall), did great as well. They combined for 6 saves out of 10 shots, don't see that everyday.

Yeah, my daughter went 2nd - saved 3 and scored 1 but fell short and ended their HS season. The other GK (headed to TCU in the fall), did great as well. They combined for 6 saves out of 10 shots, don't see that everyday.
That’s fantastic. Well done. Good luck to your daughter....is she headed to college?

MVLA '04......that is a v v good team my friend....

Yes, very fun team to watch (MVLA 04), also plays Ajax 03. For a GK, it’s been good for her to play on both teams. She’s guest played a lot over the years (Socal Blues, Slammers, etc) and that is also important imo.

Hate penalty kicks to decide a game. Like to see a different way to decide games.

How about this - A sessionof tries, in which each team gets 3 tries at modified corner kicks. Each try starts with all players in one half of the field, and the attacking GK in the half center circle. Attacking team chooses the corner arc where they want to start. The try continues until the ball leaves the half-field (possibly by scoring a goal), or until a foul or loss of possession violation is called against the attacking team, or when the ball is clearly in possession of the defending goalkeeper. Fouls by the defense result in a continuation of the try with the usual restarts that would have been called in a full game - direct kick, indirect kick, or penalty kick by the attacking team. If a team starts the session of tries shorthanded due to ejections or lack of available substitutes, that situation continues, with the acknowledgment that more players may be ejected during the process by red card or second yellow. In the absence of a specific declaration by the league or competition authority, rules on substitutions during the session of tries are the same as they would be in regular game time, with the beginning of the session of tries treated the same as the beginning of the second half of a full game.* At the end of three tries by each team (or earlier if one team creates an insurmountable lead (one team ahead by 2 goals with one try remaining for the other team). If each team scores the same number of goals in their 3 tries, continue with tries until one team scores and the other does not.

*For example, in a competition that follows NCAA rules, a player who was removed for a substitute may re-enter at the start of the session of tries or any time later, and any player removed during the session of tries may re-enter one time.

Hate penalty kicks to decide a game. Like to see a different way to decide games.
I am actually OK with PKs. SD HS playoffs had 40 minute 1/2s and then a 15 minute OT with golden goal, then if no winner PKs. I was OK going straight to PKs after the 80 (of course we lost in OT). Something about the intensity of PKs. Then again, I am not the one out there.

Not sure how it works in Playoffs for SoCal CIF...but after 80 minutes of a 1-1 game, we went to (2) 10 minute overtimes, no golden goal. After 100 minutes with the score still tied 1-1 we went to PK's. The game was kinda lopsided (see stats below - not 100% accurate but you get the idea) so we were kinda hoping it went to Pk's, still came up short. Non-Conference tournament games go straight to PK's after 60 minutes (our tournament games are 2 30 min halves) if tied. Non-Conference games and League games will end in a Tie (no pk's).

boxscore.JPG

Back