PDP VS ODP

Footy30

SILVER ELITE
PDP? whats the difference with this and ODP? Any info would help, the internet failed me on finding information...
Thanks

If I remember reading correctly, PDP is something specific to NorCal region. It is "similar" to ODP whereas ODP is more national in terms of regions and PDP is specific to NorCal.

PDP is run by NorCal Premier. It is local to NorCal but they do take older teams to play other regions and sometimes international opponents.
ODP is run by USYS. It allows players to potentially compete in regional and National events within the organization.

Similar programs. PDP is by coach recommendation, ODP has an open tryout (although your club coach does have to sign off to recommend you).

PDP pays all expenses. ODP you must pay for everything.

PDP is US Club Soccer (i.e. ECNL, SOCAL league). ODP is US Youth Soccer (i.e. Cal South). PDP is starting to be implemented in southern cal. One socal girls age group has started PDP ID sessions already.

Thank You, Everyone!!
yeah was a bit confused on the whole thing, have had my kids do the ODP thing, but was confused on PDP process, thanks everyone for the info!!
@rainbow_unicorn you're correct I saw a pic of girls participating in it I think 06' 07' definitely SoCal clubs. And now the boys side is starting to get invites to PDP (So Cal)

USclub is part of the iD2 player development program.

They have been out scouting and selecting 07 and 08 girls and boys lately. The ID2 training center in LA is having or had some training camps this summer.

This is equivalent or better vs the other programs mentioned by OP.

PDP is US Club Soccer (i.e. ECNL, SOCAL league). ODP is US Youth Soccer (i.e. Cal South). PDP is starting to be implemented in southern cal. One socal girls age group has started PDP ID sessions already.

iD2 is for Socal and ECxx league members in conjunction with UsClub.

Do they post lists of invited players (like they do with ODP)?
Yes, pools listed on NorCal Premier website.

Re: the programs … PDP is regional, free, monthly training, but high quality play. ODP isn’t free (if I recall approx $150 to signup), all of NorCal/state, can have bi-monthly trainings (if make pool), cool travel opportunities to Phx/Portland/Denver (incremental cost), but quality of play maybe a step behind.

Hope that helps!

Yes, pools listed on NorCal Premier website.

Re: the programs … PDP is regional, free, monthly training, but high quality play. ODP isn’t free (if I recall approx $150 to signup), all of NorCal/state, can have bi-monthly trainings (if make pool), cool travel opportunities to Phx/Portland/Denver (incremental cost), but quality of play maybe a step behind.

Hope that helps!

Wondering about SoCal lists.

NorCal PDP (Free)

Program is divided into 6 regions within NorCal and will start around the u12 age. Players are recommended by DOC and NorCal Officials (scouting usually takes place during State Cup tournament).

Trainings are usually once a month and the rosters can change throughout the year depending on performance. Events are held periodically (Regions will play against each other) which is probably the highlight at this level (think Little League All Stars).

I believe around u15 the regions are narrowed down to North (Santa Rosa, Sac and Valley) and South (Bay Area, Fresno and East Bay) "State Teams". Trainings are also once a month. Events continue with North vs. South games. They have also combined the best of Norcal and had games vs. the Japanese Federation, taken trips to New Jersey to play other PDP programs and have gone to Gothia Cup (Sweden) and Japan.

Socal is familiar with ODP so I'll spare you the breakdown. But as far as competition levels in Norcal the order is:
1.) YNT Training Center
2.) PDP
3.) ODP

There has been some quality players that have participated in ODP in Norcal recently but the level is significantly lower than PDP.

My daughter has participated in PDP since u12 and has loved it. Made great relationships with players from all over Norcal.

She has also attended 3 iD2 camps (Indiana, Phoenix and Kansas City)...and one iD2/ECNL National Camp (Portland) and those are all great and came away with wonderful experiences.

Back