Parent communication with College Coaches once your kid is on the roster

Don't misunderstand my post... I am truly curious if it happens... Not because I want to be that parent (my DD wouldn't allow it), but wondering what folks experience has been with the college coaching staff.
My kid is a freshman, and other than sending congratulations emails on a big win and a milestone victory for him last year, our family dropping by his office to say hello when we dropped her off at school, etc., all communication is with her and her coach. But to be fair, this is not any different than how she operated for the past couple of years of club soccer, and how she handled the recruiting process with all coaches.

I suspect the parents who are still involved when the kid gets to college are not liked by the coaches, and are more likely to have a young adult that will struggle in the working world when mommy and/or daddy is not there to help. I do suspect that there are parents who are still involved, but I seriously doubt it helps their players' outcomes on the team (and it likely works against their outcomes).

Spoke with my DDs coach when he was recruiting her. Sent him a text saying good luck and thanks after they fired him her sophmore year. Spoke to the new coach for the first time my DDs senior year when I went up to watch the team play half way through the season. Spoke to the coach again at Senior night.

Spoke with my DDs coach when he was recruiting her. Sent him a text saying good luck and thanks after they fired him her sophmore year. Spoke to the new coach for the first time my DDs senior year when I went up to watch the team play half way through the season. Spoke to the coach again at Senior night.
How did your DD handle the transition of coaches? I know sometimes these things go south..

Back