Out of State Tournament in April?

Highlander

SILVER ELITE
Our team is looking at a Nevada tournament in April. Anyone know if that's even going to be allowed? Hearing conflicting stories. Figured the group brain trust here might enlighten me. :D

This was sent to Placer parents last week - no out of state travel for now:

Notes from Norcal Town Hall:

*Out of State Play - There is no change here for the time being. No Out of State Travel for Competitions until further notice. (from the State). We will re-evaluate/communicate on the 15th of this month with the event directors.

Placer, Blues and the NorCal ECNL clubs are not going to allow out of state play until the state removes the restriction in youth sports guidance.

Realistically, I cannot imagine out of state travel being approved before in state travel.

So, if your club is following the current ban on out of state tournaments, expect that ban to continue.

The state has given no word on when the rules will allow trips further than 1 county away. There is not even a color for it.

Right. I’m sharing info that might be helpful to others. I hate to see parents book airfare and hotels and lose money because the information they got was incomplete.
You wanted to be enlightened, right?
Hopefully, if it's not a stay and play, people can get their hotels refunded fairly easily, (depending on hotel policy of course.)
Just had this discussion again with other managers and in the clubs eyes, as long as we can quarantine for 10 days upon return- FROM OTHER NORCAL EVENTS, (not our life,) we can go. Interested to see what other clubs say/do? I know in our area alone that different clubs are saying/doing different things regularly.

Hopefully, if it's not a stay and play, people can get their hotels refunded fairly easily, (depending on hotel policy of course.)
Just had this discussion again with other managers and in the clubs eyes, as long as we can quarantine for 10 days upon return- FROM OTHER NORCAL EVENTS, (not our life,) we can go. Interested to see what other clubs say/do? I know in our area alone that different clubs are saying/doing different things regularly.
That’s good to hear! I know each club is also looking to the others, so when one is willing to take more risk, suddenly others are too. At this point I hope all the clubs decide to protect the best they can with waivers and secondary insurance and just go play!

Our team is going on May to Vegas and will quarantine for 10 days from NorCal events if still required. We will follow the NorCal soccer requirements.

ECNL Girls Member Clubs:

The City of Phoenix recently held a meeting on March 16th, which included discussion regarding reopening the City of Phoenix facilities, including Reach 11 Sports Complex. The outcome of that meeting was that the facilities would reopen pursuant to specific guidelines set forth by the City, which have been shared with us today.

Unfortunately, the City of Phoenix will not allow any out-of-state teams to play in a tournament/showcase for the foreseeable future. As there is no date set for out-of-state teams to be allowed to play at the facility, and no defined timeline for opening to out-of-state teams, we are cancelling the ECNL Girls Arizona (Spring) event that was scheduled for April 9-11, 2021.

We remain optimistic that conference play in the western and northeastern states will continue to move forward, and thank you for your continued support. We look forward to hosting you all in upcoming events as allowed by law.

ECNL

Back