Opinions on todays transgender players?

BananaKick

SILVER ELITE
Recently we played a Seattle Showcase with our girls team. We were approached before the game by the opposing coach that they had a boy playing on the girls team. This boy was in " transition' in becoming a girl. I was curious in this current PC world how is Youth Soccer and teams handling these new changes. Unfortunetly I have heard of Coaches falsely using the " transition" label, and getting away with playing with a more dominating gender player, example boy vs girls. What are your views?

https://www.transathlete.com/policies-college

>A trans female (MTF) student-athlete being treated with testosterone suppression medication for Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for the purposes of NCAA competition may continue to compete on a men’s team but may not compete on a women’s team without changing it to a mixed team status until completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression treatment.

I hope that we would focus on the well being of the individual over the competitive advantage the team may have. The soccer game is insignificant in the big scheme of things. I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going through. Hopefully class & grace by all parties would be what qualifies as a "win."

>A trans female (MTF) student-athlete being treated with testosterone suppression medication for Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for the purposes of NCAA competition may continue to compete on a men’s team but may not compete on a women’s team without changing it to a mixed team status until completing one calendar year of testosterone suppression treatment.
Since most children are not treated with hormones such as testosterone, this would not apply to athletes in youth club soccer. Most commonly, trans children are given hormone blockers to delay the onset of puberty, rather than given hormones to actively assist in hormonal transition. The OP did not mention the age of the players, but my guess is that it is not realistic to apply NCAA rules to this situation.

Recently we played a Seattle Showcase with our girls team. We were approached before the game by the opposing coach that they had a boy playing on the girls team. This boy was in " transition' in becoming a girl. I was curious in this current PC world how is Youth Soccer and teams handling these new changes. Unfortunetly I have heard of Coaches falsely using the " transition" label, and getting away with playing with a more dominating gender player, example boy vs girls. What are your views?

Where have you heard that?

Thank you that is very informative and helpful

Play the hand God dealt you. IMHO

I hope that we would focus on the well being of the individual over the competitive advantage the team may have. The soccer game is insignificant in the big scheme of things. I cannot even begin to imagine what they are going through. Hopefully class & grace by all parties would be what qualifies as a "win."
Youth soccer, at least on the club side, is pretty competitive, maybe Rec would be a better place for a social experiment.

It's hard to imagine this being a common enough occurrence to warrant giving time and attention to it on this board.

It's hard to imagine this being a common enough occurrence to warrant giving time and attention to it on this board.

You'd be surprised. Club soccer and AYSO/rec are private entities so the rules are different (at least until the courts get involved) but the rules at least for California government-run sports are clear (e.g., for players for their schools (elementary/middle/high))....a player is free to play for whatever gender identity they say they are. This was actually just an issue before our school board last year.

You'd be surprised. Club soccer and AYSO/rec are private entities so the rules are different (at least until the courts get involved) but the rules at least for California government-run sports are clear (e.g., for players for their schools (elementary/middle/high))....a player is free to play for whatever gender identity they say they are. This was actually just an issue before our school board last year.
Now if U16 male players can beat the US women's national team, this sounds a bit scary both from a competitive point a view, and from an injury point of view.

Now if U16 male players can beat the US women's national team, this sounds a bit scary both from a competitive point a view, and from an injury point of view.

You prefer to disallow transgender children from playing sports because of the very minute chance of injury? Are there any u16 top level male players currently transistioning?

You prefer to disallow transgender children from playing sports because of the very minute chance of injury? Are there any u16 top level male players currently transistioning?
Minute? In my experience of 4 years in club, minute doesn't describe the amount of injuries our team has experienced and some of those were 9-12 months.

Since we allow girls to play on boys teams, then no reason a transgender couldn't play on the boys team as well, no matter which direction they are moving to. Plus the quoted law didn't say it was limited to transgender kids, it said open to what ever gender they feel they are. We know a 15 year old boy can be better than the best 25 year old woman in the world. Based off the rule, this 15 year old boy can play with the 15 year old girls.

What are the rules in College? Olympics? Also makes me wonder, in what sports are women actually better than men? Has to be some. Gymnastics? Ice Skating?

Since we allow girls to play on boys teams, then no reason a transgender couldn't play on the boys team as well, no matter which direction they are moving to. Plus the quoted law didn't say it was limited to transgender kids, it said open to what ever gender they feel they are. We know a 15 year old boy can be better than the best 25 year old woman in the world. Based off the rule, this 15 year old boy can play with the 15 year old girls.

What are the rules in College? Olympics? Also makes me wonder, in what sports are women actually better than men? Has to be some. Gymnastics? Ice Skating?

You would force a transgender girl to play on a boys team? Because you're worried she would be better than your daughter?

Didn't the Germans' try this?

Back