Only REAL Albion and Surf Cup Updates

Not to mention the gks have no way of training now outside of private 1 to 1. Strikers if they are shooting will be at an empty net so long as they follow the rules. This also is the cancellation of the soccer season. Since the vaccine likely won’t be available for kids until late spring 2020-2021 Season seems to be cancelleD

d
It was sent to me by a friend. I searched but could not find it online.

yup I feel for my GK and all the other GK... yes the privates are helpful and I'm thankful for them, but it's just not the same as game time situations.

I couldn't find the cdc post online either, weird. Hopefully, the clubs will just be real with families, call it a day then figure out how to stay fit within the guidelines and lets hope kids stay interested in the game and the little clubs and coaches stay in business. Truly a bummer for the Jr and Sr in HS, thankfully most games are recorded these days so hopefully they'll all have good reels to send out.

Not to mention the gks have no way of training now outside of private 1 to 1. Strikers if they are shooting will be at an empty net so long as they follow the rules

I’m not so sure about that. The prohibition on sharing equipment, which led some to conclude you couldn’t shoot on GKs, was in the day camp rules. This youth sports Q&A only mentions physical distancing and contact. Players could still shoot on GKs in individual drills and maintain physical distancing.

Trying to figure out how much development my player will receive in her socially distanced box with no way to measure said development against other players.
Probably the same as mine in her box. Everyone is going to look sloppy the first week back.

I am more worried about her mood.

We have not received official notification from Albion Cup yet about cancellation. We are signed up so I hope something official comes out soon.

Not to mention the gks have no way of training now outside of private 1 to 1. Strikers if they are shooting will be at an empty net so long as they follow the rules. This also is the cancellation of the soccer season. Since the vaccine likely won’t be available for kids until late spring 2020-2021 Season seems to be cancelleD

d
It was sent to me by a friend. I searched but could not find it online.

Doesn't your kid have friends that can find a net at a park? You only need 3.

yup I feel for my GK and all the other GK... yes the privates are helpful and I'm thankful for them, but it's just not the same as game time situations.

I couldn't find the cdc post online either, weird. Hopefully, the clubs will just be real with families, call it a day then figure out how to stay fit within the guidelines and lets hope kids stay interested in the game and the little clubs and coaches stay in business. Truly a bummer for the Jr and Sr in HS, thankfully most games are recorded these days so hopefully they'll all have good reels to send out.

With 2 pals, there are a ton of things she can work on. Corners... punts... throws... punches... shots from anywhere... catching... diving if there's a pole vaulting pad at the school, etc. You can't replicate game situations but she can keep her reflexes sharp and work on other skills that undoubtedly get ignored during normal training.

I’m not so sure about that. The prohibition on sharing equipment, which led some to conclude you couldn’t shoot on GKs, was in the day camp rules. This youth sports Q&A only mentions physical distancing and contact. Players could still shoot on GKs in individual drills and maintain physical distancing.

Maybe. CalSouth would have to revise its guidance because soccer needs to comply with both. Considering this is perpetual state 0, it would be against the CalSouth rules. Further, there's the issue of strikers and goalkeepers taking space. Goalkeepers are taught to come off the line and close their angle. Unless it's penalties (and they aren't allowed to leave the line), there's really no effective way for them to train without picking up some real bad habits (let alone the striker who must yield the ball if it goes beyond a certain point, or shoot only from a stationary position)

Maybe. CalSouth would have to revise its guidance because soccer needs to comply with both. Considering this is perpetual state 0, it would be against the CalSouth rules. Further, there's the issue of strikers and goalkeepers taking space. Goalkeepers are taught to come off the line and close their angle. Unless it's penalties (and they aren't allowed to leave the line), there's really no effective way for them to train without picking up some real bad habits (let alone the striker who must yield the ball if it goes beyond a certain point, or shoot only from a stationary position)
Sunday league team are like practicing playing with no damm over site of cal south . It using common sense to distance themself lol indoor games man.

I was referring to the California Department of Public Health rules for Day Camps. Cal South revised its return to play guidance to allow its clubs to comply with the Day Camp rules by calling Phase 1 the "Soccer Camp" phase (Phase 0 is the remote phase). Not sure they need to do that anymore if this is considered to be its own exception. If, on the other hand, it's a change in the terms for the day camp exception, then Cal South could conform to the youth sports guidance, which doesn't mention the equipment issue. It's also possible that the teams in other leagues (e.g., ECNL), which have their own return to play guidance, could be governed by different rules as long as they comply with the state and county rules.

Regardless, if they can shoot on the GK, there's plenty you can do as a club in terms of GK training that doesn't violate physical distancing. You couldn't do the 1 v 1 breakaways, but GKs could still practice shot stopping, crosses, distribution, etc. Strikers can receive the ball, avoid a cone, and shoot from outside the box and the GK can still come off their line without getting less than six feet from them. You can add a variation that allows a pass or drive down the line and cut back that forces the GK to make choices and cover ground. Wingers can practice crossing in the ball to a GK surrounded by training mannequin's that are simulating strikers/defenders who are clogging the box. I've seen both in team and club GK training long before the pandemic, at least for drills and not scrimmages

Albion Cup being moved to the end of September. Another long shot date. Official notification will be sent no later than Wednesday. We’ll see..........

Albion Cup being moved to the end of September. Another long shot date. Official notification will be sent no later than Wednesday. We’ll see..........

Why don't we just let the tournament guys compete for participants throughout the time that would be league play? Teams can skip league play altogether, re-arrange schedules with their opponents, or just take forfeits. The only repercussions might be State Cup eligibility which requires a minimum of four games in a sanctioned Fall league - I wonder if forfeits can count toward the four?

Back