Offside or Not?

I went to pull a longer clip but unfortunately I was watching rather than filming.

Ball made it to the back of the net
Ref did talk to the AR (which is what I didnt get on film) before confirming the goal

Why don’t you educate me please?
The way I've heard it put before is that the Player in an Offside Position (PIOP) needs to affect the defenders ABILITY to play the ball, not their DESIRE to play the ball.

They have made it very clear in every training on offside that the textbook example of the defender that deliberately kicks the ball out of bounds because a PIOP is running at him isn't "Interfering with and opponent" according to the laws of soccer. "But if he knew he was offside he never would have kicked the ball out of bounds" Goes the counter argument, until the instructor corrects them.

The way I've heard it put before is that the Player in an Offside Position (PIOP) needs to affect the defenders ABILITY to play the ball, not their DESIRE to play the ball.

They have made it very clear in every training on offside that the textbook example of the defender that deliberately kicks the ball out of bounds because a PIOP is running at him isn't "Interfering with and opponent" according to the laws of soccer. "But if he knew he was offside he never would have kicked the ball out of bounds" Goes the counter argument, until the instructor corrects them.

And by knowledge of such tweaks of utter bullshit the best referees are selected.

OT: Today was the first time I saw a CR correctly apply the new drop ball law. I almost wanted to give her/him a standing ovation.

OT: Today was the first time I saw a CR correctly apply the new drop ball law. I almost wanted to give her/him a standing ovation.
I’m not sure I’d know what it’s supposed to look like. We had one in our game yesterday. Our defending third. We had the ball. Referee stopped play. Not sure why. I think a girl may have gotten elbowed or poked in the eye. She didn’t go down. And she didn’t sub off.
Dropped the ball to our player who the. Played a strange ball back to our opponent about 15 yards away. I think the ref instructed her to “play it to the other team”. Our team was a bit confused. Se got scored on a few seconds later.

Back