ODP

So the summer list builds the team for the year? And the winter list is just filling holes in the roster? Thanks for the info. I am trying to understand how the process works.
Exactly. Coaches will push to try and get their kids in via coaches they know who coach ODP. Most of the coaches tend not to do so unless the kids are very very good. Most ODP coaches value their reputations. You push enough kids to ID camps/team training that do not belong there and you wont find yourself coaching ODP very long. There is a reason why coaches can not place kids from their own club teams on ODP teams. You’ll see the ODP coaches at State Cup - when you see them pick their brains.

Have fun, work hard and go 1 v 1 a lot. Tell dd to keep the rock in this competition as much as possible and look to shoot :)

This is true for the most part.

Anyone willing to share any ODP experiences, so we have an idea what to expect?

Your DH will know pretty quickly where she stands in the pecking order. Sessions are mostly scrimmages and it quickly becomes obvious who the coaches like based on which players are on each team.

Lots of mids and forwards get called out, not so many defenders. For ODP champions in January they usually take a few girls from the age group below (in this case 07s) and they'll make the final roster. Same goes with 06s and the 05 team.

Good luck to your DH. Play hard and make a name for herself so that even if she doesn't make the final team she gets invited back in March.

Anyone willing to share any ODP experiences, so we have an idea what to expect?
ODP has been some of my daughter's (06) favorite soccer experiences. She is still close to many of the girls she met. Don't try to read anything into groupings as you watch them. And just because a player has been at the summer camp groupings or other final groupings does not ensure they will make the final team. There are surprises.

If your dd makes to Reach 11, make sure you get her a nice sweatshirt early. The goal is to be scouted or recommended by the coach for regional camp, probably Linfield again in July-ish. Then, regional pool and interregionals during Thanksgiving and beyond. Good luck.

ODP has been some of my daughter's (06) favorite soccer experiences. She is still close to many of the girls she met. Don't try to read anything into groupings as you watch them. And just because a player has been at the summer camp groupings or other final groupings does not ensure they will make the final team. There are surprises.
I can't speak about today's ODP, my goat went back in 2015. 100% you better be in "The Right Group" or find away to get into it. 4 groups of 22 and then 2 of 44 and then final cuts. I saw that early on too and told my goat to kick it up a notch and be a little selfish or miss the van ride to Phoenix where all the Unicorns from SoCal go to beat up on the rest of country.

Would someone kindly post the list for the boy's 08 and 07 ODP winter pool? Curious mind wants to know and for the conspiracy groupie, no my son is not on that list and no I'm not trying to show him off.

AcunaNicholasUIFC Futbol Academy SoCalLos Angeles
2AlonsoEmmanuelUIFC Laguna AcademyLong beach
3BahenaDaniel Irvine StrikersSan Juan Capistrano
4BorgettiMaricquesAC BreaFullerton
5CabajalEdwin ACDA FC SlammersPerris
6CarterMattaiReal So CalLos Angeles
7Cheka JrAbdul RahimTotal Futbol AcademyLos Angeles
8ColtmanAidanLA Galaxy Orange CountyIrvine
9EsperJamesNotts ForestSan Diego
10FreeJalenBOCA OCDowney
11FrischDaneRebels Soccer ClubBonita
12GalamEthanFC Golden StateCalabasas