Odds We Play in Spring

Highlander

SILVER ELITE
So, what are the odds we (AKA the kids we are living through, LOL), get to play this spring season?

I'm thinking 10% chance we are playing in April.

Today, 1% we will play in summer or fall. This is my last year living through my dd in soccer. Its been a blast and so much fun.
Ya, it is a blast...question for you, my dd is U12 - its been so fun watching her grow and play, but I'm worried that will all vanish in the teenage years, what was your experience? Did you enjoy that as much? More? Less?

Ya, it is a blast...question for you, my dd is U12 - its been so fun watching her grow and play, but I'm worried that will all vanish in the teenage years, what was your experience? Did you enjoy that as much? More? Less?
Thanks for asking me in public and not in PM. I love to help out. I actually have enemies on here that say I take medication and my dd never earn anything. Whatever is all I can say.

My experience as a fan and this is not how my dd feels: It's not as fun when they were 12. Go watch a U11 game and then go watch a U18 game. Look at the parents at each game and you will see what I mean. I will say High Soccer has been a blast to watch as a fan. To be fair, my dd was lied to two years ago and this year was no soccer so kind of hard to give a complete run down. I'm sure others are having more fun. My advice is enjoy today and not worry about tomorrow :)

Did I enjoy? Much less after 13. It became all about college for my little 13 year old dd and making sure everyone who pays also gets to play. 25% starts for everyone, guan teed. So a rich dad could buy his dd starts and that is not good and will not help win a spot in college. It took working hard for something and threw it out the window and that pissed me off. It became fulltime soccer practices so one can develop the finer things in soccer and no social life really for teen girls. We left a big family and the boss was not happy that we left and made my life hell.

So, what are the odds we (AKA the kids we are living through, LOL), get to play this spring season?

Even in the orange tier, you will be limited to intra-county competition. If there is a season, it will look different than other years, especially NPL, ECNL, and GA. Limited travel, good and bad competition mixed in, and I assume no tournaments.

I still give it 50% by the end of March.

By then, seroprevalance will (unfortunately) be up and we should have 1/4 to 1/3 of people vaccinated. That ought to drive numbers back down, unless we get stupid again.

I still give it 50% by the end of March.

By then, seroprevalance will (unfortunately) be up and we should have 1/4 to 1/3 of people vaccinated. That ought to drive numbers back down, unless we get stupid again.
Hi Ewok. Happy new years. How is your buddy EOTL doing?

I am hoping that spring brings school district fields opening back up and intra-club scrimmages on a wider basis, eg no under-the-table scrimmages. Organized league play, zero percent chance. Summer tournaments will be dependent on phase 3 trial timelines and subsequent vaccine rollout for kids.

Anyone experiencing issues with fields and cities interpreting the guidance differently or adding an additional restriction (requiring the county to be in orange before practice can occur)?

Anyone experiencing issues with fields and cities interpreting the guidance differently or adding an additional restriction (requiring the county to be in orange before practice can occur)?
some cities are not permitting fields during the stay at home order. I have not heard of a requirement for orange before practice.

I am wondering if the masks part of the new order will be active when we finally get to orange. Ok with me if it is. small price to pay for a happy kid.

some cities are not permitting fields during the stay at home order. I have not heard of a requirement for orange before practice.

I am wondering if the masks part of the new order will be active when we finally get to orange. Ok with me if it is. small price to pay for a happy kid.

I had to listen to my kid bitch and moan all last night after having to wear a mask at practice. Not a happy kid. Ok, that said, she will be going to practice.

I had to listen to my kid bitch and moan all last night after having to wear a mask at practice. Not a happy kid. Ok, that said, she will be going to practice.
Let us know if the bitching and moaning continue past day 3 of practice.

Mine had the same complaint about wearing a mask while walking to the field. Complaint went away once she saw her friends in masks.

Let us know if the bitching and moaning continue past day 3 of practice.

Mine had the same complaint about wearing a mask while walking to the field. Complaint went away once she saw her friends in masks.

BTW - for some reason it didn't post the laughing face emoji in my post above. So please note, I was laughing about her bitching and moaning. LOL

They are saying the new covid variant is more infectious for kids. if that is true and we start seeing more kids testing positive or worse showing up sick in hospitals then it's all over until there is a vaccine for children.

Our club started requiring masks once the state moved to this new "region" model. I suspect it's more of an optics thing versus anything backed by science. I mean I can already see people saying "Well all these businesses are being shut down, but why are kids still playing soccer without masks on?".

Fortunately for me, all of our kids have just gone along with it. I honestly can't believe they haven't made a fuss during this whole thing. I think as a kid I would go ape shit over these rules. Though one of our kids does let the mask drop below his nose. My internal reaction is "smart move dude...smart move".

Back