NWSL opening weekend

That might be the understatement of the year. Rigorous is not a word that comes to mind when I think of that department.
Horrible issue sporting pal. This issue is NOT if you think Sociology is a “rigorous” major. Rather, the issue is whether Sociological studies count as expert opinions on societal issues and they do pal.

That would have been a bad choice when and where I grew up. A black boy named Fujita Tanaka would have been bullied without mercy in an all white town in the 1970s.

Eddie’s family was a two parent family focused on education. The dad was a doctor, and the mom stayed at home to focus on the kids. Both of them did just fine. Which kind of proves your point.

Eddie’s family also had the resources to find a real estate agent who was willing to find them a house in the good school district. Which kind of proves Dre’s point.
Not so fast, I'd say Eddie's family having the resources to live in the good school district is a product of my point...a generational cycle of sorts.

MSU study actually showed that deaths in police custody pretty much track violent crime rates, regardless of race.

So, black criminals are just about as likely as white criminals to be killed by law enforcement. No more, no less.

In other words, deaths in police custody isn‘t a race thing. So you don’t need to specify whether the criminal was black, white, or cheeto-orange. It’s the same story all around.
B61E791C-FB2F-4F46-9DCD-4C08FA9BAEA8.jpeg

Not so fast, I'd say Eddie's family having the resources to live in the good school district is a product of my point...a generational cycle of sorts.
Totally agree with you that family is a virtuous cycle. Conversely, family abandonment is a vicious cycle.

The part that proved Dre's point is that Eddie's family needed extra money and connections to get into the district. Poor white families got in district by renting in the trailer park. Poor black families didn't get in at all. (Early 1970s)

Totally agree with you that family is a virtuous cycle. Conversely, family abandonment is a vicious cycle.

The part that proved Dre's point is that Eddie's family needed extra money and connections to get into the district. Poor white families got in district by renting in the trailer park. Poor black families didn't get in at all. (Early 1970s)
Okay, it's your story. Just a couple clarifications: By "extra money" do you mean afford or they were charged above market value? Also, what type of "connections"? And if this is your earlier mention of a realtor willing to work with them, did you directly know or have first hand knowledge of a realtor(s) who would not work with minorities?

Okay, it's your story. Just a couple clarifications: By "extra money" do you mean afford or they were charged above market value? Also, what type of "connections"? And if this is your earlier mention of a realtor willing to work with them, did you directly know or have first hand knowledge of a realtor(s) who would not work with minorities?
I think the difficulty was more that most realtors in my area would work with minorities, but would show them houses in minority areas.

Unfortunately, any first hand knowledge would be filtered through the brain of an 8 year old listening to his parents and older brother, so a good part of the story is lost by now. Like I said, early 1970s. Things were different then.

This was the early 70’s so many places were trying to implement Brown and integrate against resistance. Look at the history of integration. This isn’t a controversial statement.

I began school in S. Florida in a very conservative area in the 80’s and there was and I believe still is mandatory bussing because of the issues @dad4 is talking about.

It's 2020. Nuclear Family still relevant, extra money and connections is not.

You're the one struggling with getting back to equal...that's why you're fighting so hard against non-whites

No, I'm actually fighting stupidity. If black people are too stupid to know that they kill each other 10 times more often than a cop kills their black criminals resisting arrest, I feel compelled to educate them. Lack of education was the primary problem this happened in the first place.

Back