North Texas - What is the soccer landscape and who are the top clubs?

smsummers

BRONZE
We are highly considering moving to North Texas from Cali and wanted to find out what are the top clubs in the area. Looks like we will be in Prosper. My DD is a top 150 recruit and is in U16 age group. Are teams already back to practicing? Any games/tournaments this year? Any feedback would be appreciated.

We are highly considering moving to North Texas from Cali and wanted to find out what are the top clubs in the area. Looks like we will be in Prosper. My DD is a top 150 recruit and is in U16 age group. Are teams already back to practicing? Any games/tournaments this year? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Solar and FC Dallas are the top clubs in Dallas, and both are among the best in the country. Sting and D'Feeters Kicks are a rock behind, but both are very good clubs, as well. Those four, plus Dallas Texans, dominate the local scene. All five have an ECNL and ECRL team (Sting has two) and each will usually have at least 3-5 more teams in each age group.

If you're moving to Prosper, FC Dallas is just down the road in Frisco and is where you should start. Unbelievably nice facilities, excellent coaches at the ECNL level, and a great culture.

Meant to also add that training, games, and tournaments are all currently ongoing.
Fingers crossed it safely continues.

Meant to also add that training, games, and tournaments are all currently ongoing.
Fingers crossed it safely continues.

Thanks STX for the breakdown of the top clubs in the North Texas area. Looks like we will be in town around the Labor Day weekend. Hopefully my DD will be able to get a training session in while she is there with the club that you mentioned. I know that it is super competitive in North Texas which is great! Looking forward to it.

wondering if you made the move and how it worked for your DD? Considering the same.

Boys and girls teams played entire fall classic leagues, as well as ECNL leagues...Many tournaments played in Texas. Played in one last weekend in Fort Worth, playing one this weekend in Austin--Tiger Elite Cup. Coach is taking 3 teams...07G, 08G, and 09G Solar South -Adames

Boys and girls teams played entire fall classic leagues, as well as ECNL leagues...Many tournaments played in Texas. Played in one last weekend in Fort Worth, playing one this weekend in Austin--Tiger Elite Cup. Coach is taking 3 teams...07G, 08G, and 09G Solar South -Adames
Looks like he actually took 4, his 06 FDL (with a bunch of ECNL starters), but who is counting. ;) Loved watching mine shut down some of the top players in the country and her team get the Dub against them.

Looks like he actually took 4, his 06 FDL (with a bunch of ECNL starters), but who is counting. ;) Loved watching mine shut down some of the top players in the country and her team get the Dub against them.
Guess you don't know what you are talking about afterall ........They are brothers, and his brother's team had used TWO ECNL players and had just 1 sub....Get your fasts straight before you talk.....But if you makes you happy, good for you....LOL

and you forgot to mention your OKC Energy team got spanked 5-3 in bracket game against them....so much for shutting them down LOL....small details do matter...ha ha

and you forgot to mention your OKC Energy team got spanked 5-3 in bracket game against them....so much for shutting them down LOL....small details do matter...ha ha
Actually mine doesn't play for OK Energy. Plays for Solar. Great game!

And I know the brothers and can tell them apart. Two good coaches right there. And know the 06 rosters well. Great kids

^ "Two good coaches right there" ... :oops:
Well, I'm not going to be rude. I do know them and they have many players going back many years that have gone on to the college ranks and to play for other great teams and coaches. Sal's own daughter is one of the best in the nation and he has been her only coach for the most part. Kid is a beast

Well, I'm not going to be rude. I do know them and they have many players going back many years that have gone on to the college ranks and to play for other great teams and coaches. Sal's own daughter is one of the best in the nation and he has been her only coach for the most part. Kid is a beast
I concur. She has guested up on the 05 & 04 Solar DA/ECNL teams and has been a difference maker at both age levels!

Any Texas folks have recommendations for spring and summer tournaments?

Not sure if this counts as planning or dreaming.

Back