NorCal NPL Showcase

How’s your team doing? Any surprises so far? I know they have a lot of fields but man, could they find a hotter place to play?

How’s your team doing? Any surprises so far? I know they have a lot of fields but man, could they find a hotter place to play?
I wasn't there thank goodness, but my daughter said she could feel herself melting while standing there! Afternoon games a bit difficult on the body. Said early morning game started fine, but 2nd half was starting to get hot -- not 100+ hot, but still.

Pretty sure NorCal's offices are based out of Sacramento, therefore the majority of teams(Bay Area) have to drive a few hours to play in 100 degree weather. Had a 6pm game, started at about 105º, after a couple of minutes you don't feel the heat anymore but can still sweat up a storm.

What’s everyone’s opinion about whether this showcase is worthwhile?
The only reason it isn't worthwhile is the heat and that can show a coach your abilities to adapt to less than ideal conditions. The facility is nice and there are several colleges from all levels in attendance. Additionally if your club isn't ECNL or GA you can play some of those teams here while getting exposure.

The only reason it isn't worthwhile is the heat and that can show a coach your abilities to adapt to less than ideal conditions. The facility is nice and there are several colleges from all levels in attendance. Additionally if your club isn't ECNL or GA you can play some of those teams here while getting exposure.
Absolutely agree. I watched a few of the 05 girls games. There was one game that had everyone scratching their heads

Absolutely agree. I watched a few of the 05 girls games. There was one game that had everyone scratching their heads
The 05 Blues NPL (girls) team came in HOT! That's not our age group personally but from what we saw while waiting our turn they beat some good teams!

Back