Nor Cal Return to Play

I also apologize for being cocky and over the top in the passed with regards to my ego. I swear I was playing a part for the cause and had to do my part so information could come to bear :) I liked your takes on safety from ACL back before politics took over. I now know of three girls who have torn ACL in last three weeks. All socal and all have verbal. Why do girls have so many more ACXL injuries then boys? i cringe every time my dd plays this great game, high school or club. If match has playoff implications on the line, then she is all in. I pray for her and all the girls safety.
Sorry to hear about the ACL tears. I hope they recover well.

It may be a rough spring for injuries. We all want to rush the games and get back that time we lost. Slowly ramping back up is a really hard thing to sell right now.

Girls have a different leg geometry. Their quads are weaker, their hips are wider, and their legs slant inward. All of that puts more stress on the knees. The menstrual cycle also affects ACL risk in a way that I do not really understand. But it all adds up to several times the injury rate. We do PEP and isometric strengthening exercises to try to limit it.

Sorry to hear about the ACL tears. I hope they recover well.

It may be a rough spring for injuries. We all want to rush the games and get back that time we lost. Slowly ramping back up is a really hard thing to sell right now.

Girls have a different leg geometry. Their quads are weaker, their hips are wider, and their legs slant inward. All of that puts more stress on the knees. The menstrual cycle also affects ACL risk in a way that I do not really understand. But it all adds up to several times the injury rate. We do PEP and isometric strengthening exercises to try to limit it.

The is wrong..... Girls are quad dominant......it is their hamstrings that are weaker.........

I also apologize for being cocky and over the top in the passed with regards to my ego. I swear I was playing a part for the cause and had to do my part so information could come to bear :) I liked your takes on safety from ACL back before politics took over. I now know of three girls who have torn ACL in last three weeks. All socal and all have verbal. Why do girls have so many more ACXL injuries then boys? i cringe every time my dd plays this great game, high school or club. If match has playoff implications on the line, then she is all in. I pray for her and all the girls safety.

Is it safe to assume that anti-vaxxers like yourself also believe the pill causes autism? If you want to reduce your daughter’s risk of injury, you might want to get past your Jenny McCarthyism earth-is-flat, vaccines cause autism, moon landing was a hoax, anti-science craziness.

Is it safe to assume that anti-vaxxers like yourself also believe the pill causes autism? If you want to reduce your daughter’s risk of injury, you might want to get past your Jenny McCarthyism earth-is-flat, vaccines cause autism, moon landing was a hoax, anti-science craziness.
Well, we could listen to a keyboard warrior who has ZERO educational background in Kinesiology or studied body mechanics......Or you could get her working with a trainer that is actually knowledgeable about the subject, can analyze movements, identify dominance and deficiencies in muscle structure and knows how do develop the deficiencies to counter the dominance.

Your choice.

Well, we could listen to a keyboard warrior who has ZERO educational background in Kinesiology or studied body mechanics......Or you could get her working with a trainer that is actually knowledgeable about the subject, can analyze movements, identify dominance and deficiencies in muscle structure and knows how do develop the deficiencies to counter the dominance.

Your choice.
My dd has both. Great advice Kicker. However, anything can happen in soccer. I tore my acl in big time church league. No fun and rehab sucks.

Your choice.

You should do that too, but that’s pretty obvious. Given the apparent genetic predisposition with you and @crush, it is probably only a matter of time. Tik tok. Don’t get bent when I say “I told you so” like the last one who mocked this advice.

You should do that too, but that’s pretty obvious. Given the apparent genetic predisposition with you and @crush, it is probably only a matter of time. Tik tok. Don’t get bent when I say “I told you so” like the last one who mocked this advice.
I’m going with science....all 3 of my ACL injuries were contact. No pill is going to modify or alter that.

I’m going with science....all 3 of my ACL injuries were contact. No pill is going to modify or alter that.
I tore my ACL making a move to the basket in Church League Playoffs ((CLP)). All I did was plant my left knee and make fake and then to the right and left knee just tore. It was so freaking painful Kicker :( I can't imagine 3. BTW, the team was down 2 and only I could make the free throws. I went back out but it was a big mess and the brothers told me they could handle the rest. We lost because they missed the free throws and other team nailed a three with 2 seconds left. Oh well.

Back