Nor Cal GDA Teams - What's Next

www.svsa.org
This is the club
Thanks. If you cross check Palo Alto site, many of those coaches on staff with them as well. The directors(Perez son and dad) are the only actual coaches not coaching in PA. I'm guessing PA pays a certain fee of support into that academy so some of their staff are on board and fields used. Interesting set up.

It looks like Almaden will be running the show, all from the Almaden area. They have now posted their lineup of coaches on their website for the following season. It seems like the Breakers (Boys Academy, similar to SVSA and PA) lent their name to Almaden. The girls side of Breakers, who is a seperate entity, was not involved in the negotiation.
Interesting since it was Breakers that had the Academy affiliation in the first place.

Thanks. If you cross check Palo Alto site, many of those coaches on staff with them as well. The directors(Perez son and dad) are the only actual coaches not coaching in PA. I'm guessing PA pays a certain fee of support into that academy so some of their staff are on board and fields used. Interesting set up.
PASC
Members,
Today, the Girls Academy (GA) announced the inaugural members of the Northwest Conference.
We are excited and proud to have accepted membership in this elite group.
Please see the attached statement which accompanied the GA league announcement.
Invitation and acceptance to the GA league is testament to the hard work from our players and coaches and recognition of the work they do on and off the field. SVSA/PASC are working on coaching assignments, tryout dates and league logistics in connection with our overall resume to play plans. As soon as we are able we will be back on the field with club tryouts. More information to follow.
Please join us in thanking the SVSA/PASC directors who have worked so hard to bring this opportunity to the club.

PASC Board

Attachments

• svsapascannouncem.pdf
    111.2 KB · Views: 43
SF Elite and West Coach joint this new GA league I'm hearing.

Looks like at least in Nor Cal, GA will be 3rd best league behind ECNL and NPL Champions league(most ecnl teams play in NPL)

SF Elite and West Coach joint this new GA league I'm hearing.

Looks like at least in Nor Cal, GA will be 3rd best league behind ECNL and NPL Champions league(most ecnl teams play in NPL)
Is this on the the GA's website? I'm only seeing 8 teams but if GA can get Sporting and Quakes into GA that would make it an 10 team league in Norcal.

Is this on the the GA's website? I'm only seeing 8 teams but if GA can get Sporting and Quakes into GA that would make it an 10 team league in Norcal.
Not yet on GA website. This would make 6 clubs I believe in nor cal
Palo Alto
SF
WC
Breakers/Almaden
Clovis Crossfire
Lamo

Literally the Northwest needs clubs otherwise they will only play in showcases which may not really occur until next spring. Only 2 teams up there

I'm amazed he's done as well as he has. The self promotion bullshit on their site is laughable... but you can't deny he's done a great job of putting girls in college from a small, from-scratch program... all with Rage and Mustang looking over his shoulder.
They have done well.

Another big factor he has kids who are OK with going to lower level state schools athletically and academically. Do you think many Danville and Pleasanton kids are? No chance. Or at least their parents aren't :)

Not yet on GA website. This would make 6 clubs I believe in nor cal
Palo Alto
SF
WC
Breakers/Almaden
Clovis Crossfire
Lamo

Literally the Northwest needs clubs otherwise they will only play in showcases which may not really occur until next spring. Only 2 teams up there
They need Sporting FC and Quakes to join!

They have done well.

Another big factor he has kids who are OK with going to lower level state schools athletically and academically. Do you think many Danville and Pleasanton kids are? No chance. Or at least their parents aren't :)

That would make sense. When scouring the rosters at top programs, you don't see WC come up very often.

Good for quakes to land somewhere solid. I believe that's 10/11 teams now for local games to be played. Cuts back on traveling. Good Stuff!
Lamorinda, SF Elite, Palo Alto/Silocon Valley, Almaden/Santa Cruz, Sporting, FC Bay Area and then Clovis (Fresno). So that is 2 former DA clubs in the GAL and 1 in ECNL. Wonder what is going on with Placer?

Back