Nor Cal GDA Teams - What's Next

Yes, GA clubs doing NPL as well.

Those 2 teams make league more solid. Sporting is decent these days with girls but old Quakes good even if they lose some. Sporting average team is like a good NPL 2nd division or low champions league team.

Only top team is Quakes really. Lamo depends on age group and if they get into NPL. No one else is top 3-4 in champions league in GA.

Yes, GA clubs doing NPL as well.

Those 2 teams make league more solid. Sporting is decent these days with girls but old Quakes good even if they lose some. Sporting average team is like a good NPL 2nd division or low champions league team.

Only top team is Quakes really. Lamo depends on age group and if they get into NPL. No one else is top 3-4 in champions league in GA.

Will placer join now too? With this many teams most of their npl games could be double booked as ga games and they’d get the GA showcases.

Will placer join now too? With this many teams most of their npl games could be double booked as ga games and they’d get the GA showcases.
No. A big big issue in DA was travel and money. They don't want to fall into that trap for a B league. Can go to Surf, silver lakes, Vegas, etc for their showcases still.

Sometimes if a ECNL team played them in NPL too, ECNL result would count for both. That will occur partially. Biggest difference is only a few GA will be in NPL champions league normally. NPL with be localized due to COVID this fall though so we'll see what it all looks like.

In this year’s 2005 girls bracket, 5 out of 8 ECNL clubs were playing NPL Champions League.

Attachments

• 0A0AAB36-679F-4C24-9A1C-40C8727703C8.jpeg
    0A0AAB36-679F-4C24-9A1C-40C8727703C8.jpeg
    549.3 KB · Views: 24
In this year’s 2005 girls bracket, 5 out of 8 ECNL clubs were playing NPL Champions League.
The Mustang 05 ECNL team played up in the 04 Champions League. Davis 05 ECNL doesn't look like they played in NPL this year. The incoming Thorns 05 ECNL team didn't play NPL this year since they were restricted by GDA rules, but I'm sure they will play NPL next year.

The Mustang 05 ECNL team played up in the 04 Champions League. Davis 05 ECNL doesn't look like they played in NPL this year. The incoming Thorns 05 ECNL team didn't play NPL this year since they were restricted by GDA rules, but I'm sure they will play NPL next year.

Yes some teams play up. Another example is MVLA 04. But what happens to the MVLA 03 ECNL team if the 04 is playing at 03 Champions League?

Yes some teams play up. Another example is MVLA 04. But what happens to the MVLA 03 ECNL team if the 04 is playing at 03 Champions League?
The MVLA 03 ECNL team played up this year in the 02 Champions League, so it wasn't an issue. U18/U19 ECNL teams don't typically play NPL since it is a weird year for them with many players them missing games because of injuries or lesser commitment to club because they're already committed to a college, so I doubt it will be an issue next year.

The MVLA 03 ECNL team played up this year in the 02 Champions League, so it wasn't an issue. U18/U19 ECNL teams don't typically play NPL since it is a weird year for them with many players them missing games because of injuries or lesser commitment to club because they're already committed to a college, so I doubt it will be an issue next year.
I also noticed MVLA 03 second team was playing 03 Champions League, thus in the same division as MVLA 04 top team. It looks like they were in 7th place out of 16 teams. That is some serious depth in these older age groups!

I also noticed MVLA 03 second team was playing 03 Champions League, thus in the same division as MVLA 04 top team. It looks like they were in 7th place out of 16 teams. That is some serious depth in these older age groups!
03 and 04's there are really deep. Impressive indeed. 04 B team were 9th of 16 it looks like. Nice luxury!

Yeah, the 03 second team is a good team and very well coached. Their coach is the top assistant for the Stanford Women's team. The MVLA 04 second team is good, too. They are mid-pack in the 04 Champions League, and their head coach is the head coach for the Stanford Women's team.

What do you mean by that? Thanks in advance
If 2 ECNL teams are slated to play each other in NPL too, sometimes(guessing here) they don't play the NPL game but hav ECNL result count for both otherwise too many games in a 3 months period. Have to imagine this happens once in awhile.

If 2 ECNL teams are slated to play each other in NPL too, sometimes(guessing here) they don't play the NPL game but hav ECNL result count for both otherwise too many games in a 3 months period. Have to imagine this happens once in awhile.
No. That doesn't happen. The way ECNL games are scheduled are all the ECNL teams from one club to travel to another club to play against that club's ECNL teams all in the same day, so ECNL schedules are club based and not team based. NPL games are scheduled by individual teams. NPL games never replace ECNL games in the ECNL standings, and NPL games are used more for team/players development purposes by ECNL teams, where they are less worried about scores/results.

No. That doesn't happen. The way ECNL games are scheduled are all the ECNL teams from one club to travel to another club to play against that club's ECNL teams all in the same day, so ECNL schedules are club based and not team based. NPL games are scheduled by individual teams. NPL games never replace ECNL games in the ECNL standings, and NPL games are used more for team/players development purposes by ECNL teams, where they are less worried about scores/results.
It's the other way.

Let's say MVLA is playing Rage Oct 6th in ECNL and they are slated to play each other in NPL Nov 11th. They only play the ECNL game but that score is reported as the NPL score a month later but the game never happens.

I know for a fact this happens here and there. Some will want the NPL game for playing time like you say but some are fine not to overload the main players.

It's the other way.

Let's say MVLA is playing Rage Oct 6th in ECNL and they are slated to play each other in NPL Nov 11th. They only play the ECNL game but that score is reported as the NPL score a month later but the game never happens.

I know for a fact this happens here and there. Some will want the NPL game for playing time like you say but some are fine not to overload the main players.
That’s new to me. Not doubting you, but I’ve never seen that happen, or have heard of that happening.

Back