No games until 2021

Let’s keep ignoring that the freaking WHO says lockdowns are not the answer. Let alone the group of thousands of doctors lead by Stanford and Oxford MD’s saying they are doing irreparable harm.
Folks it’s time to take that first swim in life again. Please get out your basement and start to swim again in life. It’s courage what everyone needs, not fear.

Folks it’s time to take that first swim in life again. Please get out your basement and start to swim again in life. It’s courage what everyone needs, not fear.
Some have gone back in their shells because of fear. The average person is scared and I respect fear because fear is real. I dont make light of other people's fears. Hiding in your shell is not the answer. Isolation is the worst thing you can do to people. Add fear and you go in shell and hide it out until the coast is clear. Baby turtles are hatched and then they go swim and live their life.

I see your reading skills are about the same as the other guys. Yes, my daughters education is more important for me than her soccer so her being able to go back to full day in person instruction but I dont have a choice in my area. I guess I'm not really understanding your post, are you saying theres a substitute for school? Just wondering if college accepts transcripts from the school of hard knocks? I get it dogg, you're from the hood, you're hard and whatever but leave that bullshit alone, wont get you anywhere with me.
whoa.....talk about stereotypes,,, who says kids from the hood dont try to goto college? Ask yourself,, do you spend as much money on personal training for her educational skills, as you do for her soccer. If you did, your post wouldnt be on this soccer board, but rather the forum that pertains to education. So when talking of "bullshit" please,,,,try not to sugar-coat yours...

whoa.....talk about stereotypes,,, who says kids from the hood dont try to goto college? Ask yourself,, do you spend as much money on personal training for her educational skills, as you do for her soccer. If you did, your post wouldnt be on this soccer board, but rather the forum that pertains to education. So when talking of "bullshit" please,,,,try not to sugar-coat yours...
One of my best friends grew up in South Central and played hoops at Cal Sate Dominquez Hills. D2 baby. He went on and got a Phd in History and Eduction. His thesis was all about the 60s. I had a very interesting chat with him last weekend. I'm trying to get him to join us and give us his perspective. Great man whose been married for 24 years and has two wonderful sons. He is now in charge of all the Principles in a very big school district in Socal. Let me tell you, this guy is a stud and he went to college and he's from SC. I know so many others who went on to college.

Some have gone back in their shells because of fear. The average person is scared and I respect fear because fear is real. I dont make light of other people's fears. Hiding in your shell is not the answer. Isolation is the worst thing you can do to people. Add fear and you go in shell and hide it out until the coast is clear. Baby turtles are hatched and then they go swim and live their life.
I have 2 definitions of fear... which one are you talking about?

1.False
Evidence
Appearing
Real
or

2. Fuck
Everything
And
Run

You need a better metaphor. Do you have any clue what the survival rate of baby sea turtles is? it’s under 1/1000.

If I ever had to face odds like that, I would crawl back inside my shell, too.

You need a better metaphor. Do you have any clue what the survival rate of baby sea turtles is? it’s under 1/1000.

Crush was one of the lucky ones to make it to the ocean alive after birth. Getting to that dam ocean before a fuc*ing Vulture or a Freking bird or crab eats is the how you win with Sea Turtles life. Talk about being in the top 1% in your birth class. Once you make it into that big, blue, beautiful ocean, your next challenge is to stay alive and not get eaten by a Snapper or Shark. Check this out, viewer discretion is recommended, Real life guys.

don’t encourage him to change his screen name again. If he changes it again, this time it’s on you.

ps We all know you’re doing this just to get all of us playing the drinking game really drunk since apparently this one is officially on both the red and blue lists.

don’t encourage him to change his screen name again. If he changes it again, this time it’s on you.

ps We all know you’re doing this just to get all of us playing the drinking game really drunk since apparently this one is officially on both the red and blue lists.
My goat and I would never say things just to make y’all drink. What are you, a bunch of sheep?

It’s like that time in state cup when we all missed the last 10 minutes of the final so we could stand in line for the kids to get sweatshirts. Good thing the team was already up by three by that point. ..........

Cheers!

No stereotypes whatsoever. I was responding directly to him and the fact he was downplaying attending school. Never said folks from the hood dont go to college so that's an assumption on your part. He is quick to claim where he grew up so asking if colleges took street transcripts instead of high school if in person schooling is not important is fitting.
Her after school care which includes tutoring is more than the privates she goes to and I attend the school board zoom meetings and have written more emails to them than I post on here. I didnt sugar coat anything and the only bullshit here seems to be your assumptions and the lack of reading comprehension that seems to be lacking in this forum.

No stereotypes whatsoever. I was responding directly to him and the fact he was downplaying attending school. Never said folks from the hood dont go to college so that's an assumption on your part. He is quick to claim where he grew up so asking if colleges took street transcripts instead of high school if in person schooling is not important is fitting.
Her after school care which includes tutoring is more than the privates she goes to and I attend the school board zoom meetings and have written more emails to them than I post on here. I didnt sugar coat anything and the only bullshit here seems to be your assumptions and the lack of reading comprehension that seems to be lacking in this forum.
after school care with tutoring that she cant atten attend right now *edit*

TGIF!!!

We need to love all the children everyone. Karma is trying "woke" people!!! I was for sure a problem child when i was a child. "Adopted, what's that?" "That's weird." We all need love and John Ritter was the best dad a problem child could be adopted by. Thanks Mr Healy for all your kindness and patience you showed the little bastard that went through 30 homes. Poor little guy just needed some love :)

Not much opportunity to explore when parents cant afford supervision for their kids while they are at work. Please tell me how a family where both parents work and who cant afford $205 a week for daycare can provide an additional opportunity to explore without a brick and mortar school that tax dollars already pay for?

I have a couple of examples for you. My boys were so bored that they recently used their smart phones to learn about stocks. I helped them open up a $300 account (Mostly their savings) so they can play the stock market. They made $50 and loved it. Now they are doing more research to learn how to trade penny stocks (very risky). My 11 year old daughter was bored and she started to look at videos to learn Italian. She is learning and I am very proud of her. We push our kids to learn and use their smartphones/ipads to learn something new.

One of our parents in our soccer team said that they are going to use this COVID time to come out better from this experience. It's the right attitude to have for all of us. Believe me, I hate the fact that youth sports are not allowed. We just need to motivate ourselves and our kids.

I have a couple of examples for you. My boys were so bored that they recently used their smart phones to learn about stocks. I helped them open up a $300 account (Mostly their savings) so they can play the stock market. They made $50 and loved it. Now they are doing more research to learn how to trade penny stocks (very risky). My 11 year old daughter was bored and she started to look at videos to learn Italian. She is learning and I am very proud of her. We push our kids to learn and use their smartphones/ipads to learn something new.

One of our parents in our soccer team said that they are going to use this COVID time to come out better from this experience. It's the right attitude to have for all of us. Believe me, I hate the fact that youth sports are not allowed. We just need to motivate ourselves and our kids.
That phone is the devil!!!!! Hahahahaha......just kidding. My dd is a true pro. I have yet to meet someone who can type as fast as her. I just wish we can get the kids out of our houses without Mr Fear and Mr Snitch poking around.....lol!!!! My son is making the most of his time. Picking up groceries for those who can't as a job is cool and he averages over $20 an hour after gas costs. He did a delivery yesterday in Newport Coast and got a $50 tip :) He should be at SDSU with the football team and in his dorm and enjoying the college life that he worked his ass off to attend. No in person for at least 1 1/2 of his first two years of his dream. Come on man, you think he dreamed of being with pops for two years after he gave up his high school fun times so he can get 4.3 and 1450 on SAT. That was hard work and now all he has is online courses, living with his old man still and delivering food to complete strangers. Oh joy!!!!

Its not the kids whose parents can afford club soccer that I'm worried about. I'm sure they have access to computers, internet, hell even 2 parents to help them through this. Its the ones left home alone, the ones that can't afford the daycare to look after them, the ones that have to go to a library or Starbucks for internet access. The ones where going to public school meant daycare/adult supervision/computers/internet/breakfast and lunch. Kids that depend on those things from public school are having a hard time right now.

Super Sorry Sunday

I first want to say super sorry to all the kids. It doesnt matter if you have two parents, one parent or no parents and you are in foster care. The kids need to be at the top. I told my kids sorry yesterday for how messed up the adults are. For the record, I said sorry for my short comings as well. I'm also super sorry to all my friends. I tend to think I'm right and I talk 90% of the time and with strong emotions. My best friend Bruno is a great listener and he let me have it yesterday. Called me out and helped me calm down. Were 100% opposite but man, we love each other so much and can challenge each other in great times of challenge. Lastly, I'm super sorry to all of you. Have a great Sunday everyone and say sorry when you can. If you get caught telling a lie, cough it up and say sorry. If your speeding and CHP pulls you over, say sorry and hope for the best.

Back