No games until 2021

Proving a link between opening restaurants and increased covid cases is hard. Out of my league, certainly. Fortunately, CDC and others have done the work on that. Indoor dining spreads covid.

Proving (or disproving) a link between shutdowns and suicide rates is also hard. I haven’t seen a report where someone has done the work on that either way. Same thing goes for outdoor sports and covid. There is probably enough data to disprove a strong link, but that isn’t saying much.

CA versus Utah? Are you sure they are similar enough to be a good comparison? I’d think southern Utah versus northern AZ would be more similar. Or AZ versus NM.

That’s what I mean by it being hard. Proving cause and effect in an epidemic is hard.

What I did was easy. All I did was look at Arizona’s death rate and say “something went wrong”.

If you want to know *what* went wrong, that’s a whole ‘nother problem.
Yes it is daddy o and if you owned a restaurant then you would have something to say and you would be in your league. Reading what you have to say is entertaining to say the least. All you say is close them all down. Tell you what, let's close all the schools ((forever, unless they have patio seating)) and try a new approach? No job for you or any teachers just like the cook, waitress, hostess, bartender, food seller, marketing rep and so many others who are a SOL. All the coaches too, sorry, SOL for you too. You get the point I'm sure.....

Proving a link between opening restaurants and increased covid cases is hard. Out of my league, certainly. Fortunately, CDC and others have done the work on that. Indoor dining spreads covid.
Those chefs must be mixing Covid with food

Not sure what guidance your are referring to. Those Indoor soccer facilities were open way before any gyms were allowed to open.
Many businesses are operating under the premise that "its better to ask for forgiveness than permission". Given the circumstances, I support that approach if that business is willing to accept the consequences.

Many businesses are operating under the premise that "its better to ask for forgiveness than permission". Given the circumstances, I support that approach if that business is willing to accept the consequences.
Yes that is why we are seeing sports like volleyball, basketball and baseball being played. They aren’t allowed, people are just playing anyway. Our water park up here opened for a while during the summer. It wasn’t allowed, they just decided it would be better for them to open against the rules and take the $500 a day fine.

In this situation it’s not about accepting consequences, to me it’s more being a victim of circumstance. Damned if you do and damed if you don’t.

My drinking game for Socalsoccer threads kicks into high gear.

Take any thread that is 7 pages or longer.

- If it devolves into kids not transmitting the virus, take a drink
- If it includes links to shitty wordpress sites that are suddenly filled with immunologists blog posts, take a drink
- If it rails on teachers while simultaneously begging for schools to reopen, take a shot
- If the word "sheeple" or "sheep" appears without referring to the farm animal, take a sip of Diet Coke, the refresher that everyone loves
- If it complains about the economic impact of not having games in California, the state with a $3.2T GDP, take a sip of an expensive tequila
- If it involves an argument against wearing masks, take a drink and then sigh, shake your head, and reset your clock as to when lockdown will be over
- If it involves a rambling personal story that has absolutely no basis in reality nor is relevant to anything in the thread prior, chug the rest of your drink
- If at any point you pray for the sweet release of death because the same posters are posting the same garbage over and over and over again, take a sip of a nice flavored water, then pour it over your laptop
- If the thread has absolutely no politics in it whatsoever, bust out the champagne, because that will never happen ever again in the lifetime of this godforsaken forum

- If it includes links to shitty wordpress sites that are suddenly filled with immunologists blog posts, take a drink
- If it rails on teachers while simultaneously begging for schools to reopen, take a shot
- If the word "sheeple" or "sheep" appears without referring to the farm animal, take a sip of Diet Coke, the refresher that everyone loves
- If it complains about the economic impact of not having games in California, the state with a $3.2T GDP, take a sip of an expensive tequila
- If it involves an argument against wearing masks, take a drink and then sigh, shake your head, and reset your clock as to when lockdown will be over
- If it involves a rambling personal story that has absolutely no basis in reality nor is relevant to anything in the thread prior, chug the rest of your drink
- If at any point you pray for the sweet release of death because the same posters are posting the same garbage over and over and over again, take a sip of a nice flavored water, then pour it over your laptop
- If the thread has absolutely no politics in it whatsoever, bust out the champagne, because that will never happen ever again in the lifetime of this godforsaken forum

well, looks like I'll be going to the store to buy Diet Coke, wasted, and in need of a new Macbook but oh well I'll still have my bottles to pop

dammit I said I was stepping away for this forum.... but this was hilarious

-if it includes a claim that things are too dangerous for kids to play, take a sip of beer
-if there’s a claim you want to kill grandma by playing soccer or reopening schools, take a shot
-if they argue schools should be closed because we got to protect the teachers at the expense of the kids take a shot
-if someone makes unsubstantiated exaggerated claims about masks that they are better than vaccines or will control the outbreak, crack out the aged whiskey and take a shot
-if there’s a fight among goalkeeper moms over what’s really data chug that beer
-If someone claims x y and z country have done it better and if only we had followed that approach kids would all be playing soccer, crack out the tequila with a worm in it and take that shot
-if you see that goalpost being moved again crack open a fine wine and sip away
-if someone refutes a claim about what’s going on by saying “fauci said” or someone attempts to justify something fauci did, time for the vodka
-someone accuses someone else of racism chug that boiler maker
-someone goes full politics and blames everything on the guy in the White House...well that’s just a sip of beer because that always happens
-someone tried to defend a certain governor or call for his recall...well same. Don’t wanna give folks alcohol poisoning after all
-crush goes off on one of his stories, then take a break, have a smile, enjoy it for what it is and if it’s annoying you maybe you’ve beeN Here too long

-if it includes a claim that things are too dangerous for kids to play, take a sip of beer
-if there’s a claim you want to kill grandma by playing soccer or reopening schools, take a shot
-if they argue schools should be closed because we got to protect the teachers at the expense of the kids take a shot
-if someone makes unsubstantiated exaggerated claims about masks that they are better than vaccines or will control the outbreak, crack out the aged whiskey and take a shot
-if there’s a fight among goalkeeper moms over what’s really data chug that beer
-If someone claims x y and z country have done it better and if only we had followed that approach kids would all be playing soccer, crack out the tequila with a worm in it and take that shot
-if you see that goalpost being moved again crack open a fine wine and sip away
-if someone refutes a claim about what’s going on by saying “fauci said” or someone attempts to justify something fauci did, time for the vodka
-someone accuses someone else of racism chug that boiler maker
-someone goes full politics and blames everything on the guy in the White House...well that’s just a sip of beer because that always happens
-someone tried to defend a certain governor or call for his recall...well same. Don’t wanna give folks alcohol poisoning after all
-crush goes off on one of his stories, then take a break, have a smile, enjoy it for what it is and if it’s annoying you maybe you’ve beeN Here too long
You forgot one!! Crush makes a new screen name.

Wrong....we live in California, that’s the only reason.
Funny how you say “your kid can’t play...” cause you don’t have any kids that still play. Which is one of several reasons you come on here with your holier than thou attitude. Truth is, your likely a socially inept person who gets off on the quarantine cause you don’t have to interact with scary people. So you come here and puff up your chest with screen names where your safe.

Your POV reeks of entitlement.

Wait, I don’t have kids that still play?

And if I’m the antisocial one who spends all my time here, why is it that you’re the one who’s got platinum. status?

Also take a shot if it refers to a goat

You forgot one!! Crush makes a new screen name.
I know I've made promises in the past and not kept them here, just like footy saying he's out of here and then back in 3 hours. That is a record bro. I promise before all of you I will not change Crush and go back to EJ or Soccerhelper. That was the past and I'm looking towards the future. Tomorrow I will share some Throw Back Baby Crush pics. So cute. Emma is hanging with Jesus and is taking a break. So many have left us and so many new peeps in. I like this new crowd way better. Memories is all we got!!!

Any idea how to disentangle the effect of restrictions in AZ versus the effect of having already had a lot of cases?
I presented charts in Bad News Thread that showed when certain restrictions went into place and the impact on the number of cases.

Back