No games until 2021

Eagle33

PREMIER
Heard from SCDSL that they will NOT be starting league until January (or later).
We all knew this would happen, specially in Cali, but didn't want to believe. Unfortunately, it's now a reality.
I'm suspecting other leagues will be coming out with similar announcements shortly.

Is SCDSL governed under CalSouth? I'm in Norcal, so not familiar.

Norcal has not said a single word. They have a notice pinned to the top of their site basically saying "we have no clue". I'm just wondering if the SCDSL announcement will start a trickle down.

Heard from SCDSL that they will NOT be starting league until January (or later).
We all knew this would happen, specially in Cali, but didn't want to believe. Unfortunately, it's now a reality.
I'm suspecting other leagues will be coming out with similar announcements shortly.
Any idea on NPL West?

2020 Season Moved to 2021

Is SCDSL governed under CalSouth? I'm in Norcal, so not familiar.

Norcal has not said a single word. They have a notice pinned to the top of their site basically saying "we have no clue". I'm just wondering if the SCDSL announcement will start a trickle down.

SCDSL Rules say players must be registered by Cal South --

I. ADMINISTRATION
c. Player
Southern California Developmental Soccer League players shall affiliate and comply with the authority of the
California Youth Soccer Association – South (“Cal South”), the United States Youth Soccer Association
(“USYSA”), and the United States Soccer Federation (“USSF”).

CSL will follow suit in the next week or so, along with other leagues. Sounds like maybe ECNL will go ahead in other states but for CA teams, that’s a crap trip to make every weekend.

Protests, campaigns, begging...it all means nothing if our leaders simply don’t want to open up. We’ve been talking about this for months; the whole process has followed a political path in CA and continues to do so.

A small number of teams will play out of state games but for everyone else, expect to see lots more teams/clubs folding or downsizing in the coming months.

Sorry kids; remember when we told you adults would always have your best interests in mind? We lied. Well, some of us did anyway.

CSL will follow suit in the next week or so, along with other leagues. Sounds like maybe ECNL will go ahead in other states but for CA teams, that’s a crap trip to make every weekend.

Protests, campaigns, begging...it all means nothing if our leaders simply don’t want to open up. We’ve been talking about this for months; the whole process has followed a political path in CA and continues to do so.

A small number of teams will play out of state games but for everyone else, expect to see lots more teams/clubs folding or downsizing in the coming months.

Sorry kids; remember when we told you adults would always have your best interests in mind? We lied. Well, some of us did anyway.
What are the political benefits of keeping youth sports closed at this point?

Omg, I know I'm going to sound whiney considering AZ and NV teams do it all the time, but ummmmm does that mean SoCal ECNL teams have to drive out of state for every game?? Even to play teams that are 15 minutes away from us????
Yes, those who want to stay sharp and not play 6 x 6 none contact wall soccer need to go to NV or AZ. This sucks and 100% hurts the young soccer players in California. For example, if your 15 year old really good player and you havent played since March, your behind, it's that simple. Isolation is also taking it's toll and no friends. Now you wont play until after the New Year and with the third wave coming, no soccer games until late 2021 or even 2022 some say if some people get what they want. All the other 15 year olds around the country ((except Illinoise and New Mexico)) get to play NOW and stay ahead and in shape and ready for colleges to sign them. My dd is almost done with all theis BS and will wish you all the best. This is sic and odd behavior but this is what it is....

What are the political benefits of keeping youth sports closed at this point?
Opening youth sports puts some pressure on reopening schools. The teachers unions don't want schools reopened until certain demands are met unrelated to Covid safety like defunding police and the prohibition on new charter schools. The governors influence and power needed for his future political aspirations are dependent on support from unions. The Governors decision to prohibit in person learning for the entire state came right on the heels of LAUSD and SDUSD announcing that they were refusing to reopen schools. I'm open to other explanations, but it is clearly not based on science. The overwhelming science and recommendations of pediatricians, epidemiologists and national medical organizations support in person learning despite Covid.

Opening youth sports puts some pressure on reopening schools. The teachers unions don't want schools reopened until certain demands are met unrelated to Covid safety like defunding police and the prohibition on new charter schools. The governors influence and power needed for his future political aspirations are dependent on support from unions. The Governors decision to prohibit in person learning for the entire state came right on the heels of LAUSD and SDUSD announcing that they were refusing to reopen schools. I'm open to other explanations, but it is clearly not based on science. The overwhelming science and recommendations of pediatricians, epidemiologists and national medical organizations support in person learning despite Covid.
Used to be that politicians tried to balance constituents/voters needs against their special interests. It has become abundantly clear that special interests run the show. Gavin must be thinking voters will forget about what he has done in 2020 come time for him to run for president. If Disney doesn’t have enough clout to reopen how could we expect youth sports to have any chance.

I'm not saying I disagree, but up here in Norcal we have several districts open at least in Hybrid-thank god!

I'm not saying I disagree, but up here in Norcal we have several districts open at least in Hybrid-thank god!
We do as well but in a pretty conservative community outside of SDUSD. The hybrid learning is a complete joke. Basically online learning at school but can't leave your desk. PE is the kids holding a long rope spaced 6 feet apart walking two laps on the track. We pulled our son from hybrid and he is back at home doing 100% online. Terrible but better than hybrid which doesn't look anything like real in person learning.

We do as well but in a pretty conservative community outside of SDUSD. The hybrid learning is a complete joke. Basically online learning at school but can't leave your desk. PE is the kids holding a long rope spaced 6 feet apart walking two laps on the track. We pulled our son from hybrid and he is back at home doing 100% online. Terrible but better than hybrid which doesn't look anything like real in person learning.
Ya, I do agree Hybrid is not the best. My DD was all for it at first, (for the social aspect,) but now is not so sure. Unfortunately, we don't have a great all virtual option. So Hybrid it is. I am happy she's back, but I'm also realistic it's not a perfect setup.

T
Absolutely makes sense the way you describe it. My simple view already is these teachers unions are cowards. I will never forget this. What happened to the land of the free and BRAVE...bunch of gutless cowards.

The real question is what happens to the money that has been paid now. I know lots of people that took massive pay cuts during this trying time to stay employed and help the company. Now that their is No League, What can I expect as a form of credit or refund. Thats the question
We had hope and that why we paid, now that its confirmed No Play, its time to see what the clubs will do for their teams now

Back