Next best league to get visibility with college coaches

The article is a great summary of the success and subsequent failure of the DA. The DA completed changed the landscape for women‘s youth soccer and then a few years into it, completely yanked the support from the women’s game. The conclusion is eye opening—the USWNT will succumb to European traditional academies and then throw tons of $$$$, numbers and GDP at the women‘s game. Sounds like how the USA reacted in World War II.
I 100% agree with your assessment.

What we have now for finding unicorns to play on the USWNT could would just because we have more potential players than anyone else.

Unfortunately there's too much who you know + not enough how well do you play.

I mean come on is Megan Rapino at 38 years old really the best player we could find out of all the talent in the entire USA?

I 100% agree with your assessment.

What we have now for finding unicorns to play on the USWNT could would just because we have more potential players than anyone else.

Unfortunately there's too much who you know + not enough how well do you play.

I mean come on is Megan Rapino at 38 years old really the best player we could find out of all the talent in the entire USA?

Agree…these systems still often promote those identified at 13 years old with no reassessment and are based on recommendations from coaches who too often promote their own kids or their friends’ kids or players who made certain deals when joining the clubs. Scouts at games exist, but scouts finding random kids at games is pretty rare. Not to say some of these kids aren’t good, but it is definitely a big business where money and connections matter first no matter what. If you are given tons of opportunities starting at a young age to participate in events/special trainings/camps and are on the “list,” it’s hard to not have some success compared to a player who doesn’t have the same exposure because perhaps they got in the system later or their parents aren’t as savvy and/or don’t have the resources.

The article is a great summary of the success and subsequent failure of the DA. The DA completed changed the landscape for women‘s youth soccer and then a few years into it, completely yanked the support from the women’s game. The conclusion is eye opening—the USWNT will succumb to European traditional academies and then throw tons of $$$$, numbers and GDP at the women‘s game. Sounds like how the USA reacted in World War II.

I always wondered what would have happened if they allowed girls to play high school ball.

Back