New state cup set up

Frank

GOLD
I enjoyed the new set up today by cal south at silver lakes. All parents to the left of their respective bench. This meant no parents were near the AR’s on either side. We were told in debrief that no reds had been issued in the entire day there as that was a rarity. Maybe they have found a way to lower some of the hostility.

I enjoyed the new set up today by cal south at silver lakes. All parents to the left of their respective bench. This meant no parents were near the AR’s on either side. We were told in debrief that no reds had been issued in the entire day there as that was a rarity. Maybe they have found a way to lower some of the hostility.

Same thing at San Bernardino really liked it felt it helps ars avoid uneasy situations with spectators.

This is the new set up for all state cup games. Also makes it easier to have the coaches responsible for the parents. If a parent acts up, the coach is able to nip it right away without having to walk across the field.

They also had a guy there that looked like he was straight out of casting for the show Seal Team. No weapon, but looked the part.

Do they mark the fields, or is it just a verbal/written thing to coaches? As a coach, if I have to have my parents near me, I prefer them not within the center circle space on the sideline (10 yards each way), so I can roam without standing in front of them.

Do they mark the fields, or is it just a verbal/written thing to coaches? As a coach, if I have to have my parents near me, I prefer them not within the center circle space on the sideline (10 yards each way), so I can roam without standing in front of them.
Managers are informed at check in. ref crews prior to game make sure people are where they are supposed to be.

AZ is going to the same thing ... they implemented it for Open League (lower flights) in August and say it's helped cut down parent problems tremendously. I also like not having parents behind the AR for our newer referees. Glad to hear it went well in CA. Be interested in more feedback as things progress.

For the referees, have you noticed any difference with sideline (coaches and spectators) behavior during State/National Cup this year? I have been out with an injury (not referee related) since Christmas and have not worked any games, so I am curious if I am missing calm sidelines.

So fa
For the referees, have you noticed any difference with sideline (coaches and spectators) behavior during State/National Cup this year? I have been out with an injury (not referee related) since Christmas and have not worked any games, so I am curious if I am missing calm sidelines.
so far I feel like it has been better. Had a few elimination games so far too and in general less stupidity. Only down side is that I have to consistently remind the coach to get his people out of the technical area and into the fan area. They have been accommodating, however have had to stop game a couple times to do so.

so far I feel like it has been better. Had a few elimination games so far too and in general less stupidity. Only down side is that I have to consistently remind the coach to get his people out of the technical area and into the fan area. They have been accommodating, however have had to stop game a couple times to do so.

What is the technical area? Are you speaking about the 10 yards from either side of half? I asked earlier if they mark the fields or just tell coaches/managers. Didn't get a complete answer on the field marking. I'm not sure most people know what a technical area is

What is the technical area? Are you speaking about the 10 yards from either side of half? I asked earlier if they mark the fields or just tell coaches/managers. Didn't get a complete answer on the field marking. I'm not sure most people know what a technical area is
Yes and yes it is marked at Silverlakes

It's easy to figure out since the center circle on a full-sized field is 10 yards radius.

Back