New Season Start & Age Group

Ear

BRONZE
Would 2011's play 7v7 until the new season starts in September 2021? So any tournaments (assuming we get any in CA, or if we choose to play out-of-state) played in Spring/Summer 2021 are still 7v7 for 2011's?

Would 2011's play 7v7 until the new season starts in September 2021? So any tournaments (assuming we get any in CA, or if we choose to play out-of-state) played in Spring/Summer 2021 are still 7v7 for 2011's?
@Ear thats a great question! I’ve been wondering the same thing. Our girls are super excited to play 9v9. We even tried to enter the Native tournament as 2010s just to get some 9v9 action. After seeing the competitive competition on the 2011 bracket, we decided to stay and play 7v7

Reactions: Ear
@Ear thats a great question! I’ve been wondering the same thing. Our girls are super excited to play 9v9. We even tried to enter the Native tournament as 2010s just to get some 9v9 action. After seeing the competitive competition on the 2011 bracket, we decided to stay and play 7v7
Yeah I’ve had a couple people (likely not in the know) tell me that 9v9 would start for our 2011’s after state cup. It makes more sense that 9v9 start with the new season Aug 1st. I do see why tryouts in December (in a normal non-pandemic year) make no sense. Especially in these transition years. We will need to pick up a few players to expand our roster (which we would normally do in Dec) but will continue to play 7v7 in spring & summer unless we choose to play up. Would make more sense to hold tryouts in spring. Maybe the powers will look at this now that SCDSL is breaking from Cal South??

It's on a tournament-by-tournament basis over the summer; just check the rules before signing up.

For example, during the year of the introduction of the build-up line for Ulittles, there was one tournament one weekend that had the buildup line, then a tournament two weekends after did not have the line.

All that said, I would expect any tournament after Aug 1 with your new cards, you'd be playing 9v9.

Back