NEW NORCAL FORUM

Please post your NorCal news here.
I will start. I took my wife to a cool art town over by that windy ball park the SF Giants used to play at like 21 years ago. I had my Dodger hat on that day too. We went to a bar and this Nocal bartender dude and his drinking pals told me to remove my hat. I honestly thought he was joking. I didn;t and they gave me a dirty look. I went to the bathroom. When I came back my wife had paid for my vodka tonic and told me we had to leave. I asked why, "and she said I will tell you outside." This guy and his buddies thought I was disrespectful for wearing my Dodger hat in the bar. I said that was BS. I went back in and told those punks that I have to endure Cubs and Giants fans all dressed in their gear at Dodger stadium all the time. I took off running and I never ever went back to that city. That was so not cool. However, they do play really great soccer and I hope my dd team plays their teams and we win them all!!!

I will start. I took my wife to a cool art town over by that windy ball park the SF Giants used to play at like 21 years ago. I had my Dodger hat on that day too. We went to a bar and this Nocal bartender dude and his drinking pals told me to remove my hat. I honestly thought he was joking. I didn;t and they gave me a dirty look. I went to the bathroom. When I came back my wife had paid for my vodka tonic and told me we had to leave. I asked why, "and she said I will tell you outside." This guy and his buddies thought I was disrespectful for wearing my Dodger hat in the bar. I said that was BS. I went back in and told those punks that I have to endure Cubs and Giants fans all dressed in their gear at Dodger stadium all the time. I took off running and I never ever went back to that city. That was so not cool. However, they do play really great soccer and I hope my dd team plays their teams and we win them all!!!

Cal doesn't play good soccer, Spicoli. You take that back right now.

Cal doesn't play good soccer, Spicoli. You take that back right now.
I'm only talking the club teams up North. MLVA, De Anza, Mustangs, Earthquakes and Pac West. We played a big tournament up in a city called Danville or something like that. I loved the town and the fields. That Cardinal team was really fun to watch though in College this year. Those are the best players on one team I've seen.

Damn! You have balls of steel to do that in Hunters Point! Hunter’s Point is very similar to Compton.

Damn! You have balls of steel to do that in Hunters Point! Hunter’s Point is very similar to Compton.
I have no idea where I was but I look back smfh and I wonder what the hell I was thinking. My poor wife bro. Trouble is always around me for some reason. Look Macdre, Outlaw, Maps and ETOL, I was a sucker and I thought my goat was all that at 12. Please forgive me. I used to give every soccer coach with an accent and a suit an "A." In Fact, I gave everyone I met an "A" Now days, you get a "D" and will see where I grade you after 6 months :)

I have no idea where I was but I look back smfh and I wonder what the hell I was thinking. My poor wife bro. Trouble is always around me for some reason. Look Macdre, Outlaw, Maps and ETOL, I was a sucker and I thought my goat was all that at 12. Please forgive me. I used to give every soccer coach with an accent and a suit an "A." In Fact, I gave everyone I met an "A" Now days, you get a "D" and will see where I grade you after 6 months :)
Lots of accents in Nor Cal! But, I guess plenty down south now. I've seen both sides, impressive how many in fact. Maybe DA folding will humble a few coaches/DOC's to earn your "D" status :)

Lots of accents in Nor Cal! But, I guess plenty down south now. I've seen both sides, impressive how many in fact. Maybe DA folding will humble a few coaches/DOC's to earn your "D" status :)
No, that was an "F" and maybe some other letters I don;t want to write right now. Sad day today. I do see a light at the end of all this.

No, that was an "F" and maybe some other letters I don;t want to write right now. Sad day today. I do see a light at the end of all this.
ha! Yes, agree very sad how US soccer abruptly ended everything and now make things very difficult for many coaches/players on top of this Pandemic. It will all work out in the end not but it's cloudy right now indeed.

My Son plays for a DA team in norcal and there were way too many teams. The product was watered down and many of the DA teams were not in the top 20 in norcal. Some parents were driving 1-2hrs for their 11&12 yo to be on a sub par team with just decent coaching as they bought into the whole DA thing. EQ and Deanza were the only teams that were really impressive in the 07 age group. I am glad to go back to a few more games and tournaments and playing more good norcal teams. There are definitely 4-5 norcal 07 teams that would be in top 10 in DA. Hopefully most the top teams can play each other now that DA is over.

My Son plays for a DA team in norcal and there were way too many teams. The product was watered down and many of the DA teams were not in the top 20 in norcal. Some parents were driving 1-2hrs for their 11&12 yo to be on a sub par team with just decent coaching as they bought into the whole DA thing. EQ and Deanza were the only teams that were really impressive in the 07 age group. I am glad to go back to a few more games and tournaments and playing more good norcal teams. There are definitely 4-5 norcal 07 teams that would be in top 10 in DA. Hopefully most the top teams can play each other now that DA is over.
I think the best hope for tops teams playing each other is NPL. ECNL already rejected Thorns and Quakes for this year. Quakes and Thorns should move up quickly in NPL, or if we are really lucky NPL allows some kind of play-in tournament.

I think the best hope for tops teams playing each other is NPL. ECNL already rejected Thorns and Quakes for this year. Quakes and Thorns should move up quickly in NPL, or if we are really lucky NPL allows some kind of play-in tournament.

I can only speak to a couple of girl's teams at Quakes and Thorns but when you strip away the US patch, I don't see those girls driving 1-2 hours anymore. I'm not sure those teams remain strong at all. At least half of those players drive past 1 or 2 decent clubs to get to San Jose.

What team is your dd on, Quakes or Thorns?

What team is your dd on, Quakes or Thorns?
Neither. She’s at one of the strong non-DA clubs. We have a really hard time finding decent opponents. It seems silly to pass up on a chance to play Thorns just because Deza pulled a fast one 5 years ago.

ECNL officially rejected Quakes and Thorns 100 percent? Or, just rumors you've heard? I'm curious if they actually told them and Placer NO or simply no answer yet.

I heard all 3 applied and are still waiting. For the sake of continuity and layout I would think ecnl would need to add another southbay team to have a travel partner with MVLA.

Marin-Santa Rosa
Mustang-Rage
San Juan-Davis
MVLA-?

I heard all 3 applied and are still waiting. For the sake of continuity and layout I would think ecnl would need to add another southbay team to have a travel partner with MVLA.

Marin-Santa Rosa
Mustang-Rage
San Juan-Davis
MVLA-?
One is a no brainer in South Bay location wise and plenty of talent to support 2. As most know though, certain ECNL clubs have a big say in who comes into the league. It will be interesting how it unfolds. I have to imagine a decision will come very soon

You said "we" so I thought something. Only top team is the De Anza force team.

Back