New LA Club

What's up with all the negativity @soccermgr4.. Either your pretty freaking clueless about what's going on and without commen sense or trying to stir the pot and just want to add your two cent's that frankly no one really cares about or needs to hear right now. Myself included, who also happens to be a Team Manager for one of the Teams caught up in this mess, I actually have parent's that are already freaking out as it is while they trying to figure out a course for their child. I think it's pretty obvious that when they stated "Many Teams", they were obviously speaking post merger, so of course the existing club name/team "LASC" wouldn't have much going on for it as of now. Personally, I think LASC has a lot going on for them and what's the difference whether or not they own a bar/clubhouse in Hollywood. What they do and where they spend their time outside of youth soccer activities is their own business. Remember that the Bear's wore "Chico's Bail Bond's" on the back of their jersey's and no one catred. Everyone loved them and they even went on to play for a Champiionship underneath the lights of the Houston Astrodome.
I sold these bad ass bail bond babes a YP ad way back when they first got started. I see my ad helped grow. My buddy used them and said they bailed him out just in the nick of time from twin towers. Stuck in twin towers on a mistake and still had to pay to get freef from the inmates. He was truly innocent like Andy Dufresne in Shawshank Prison. My advice is to keep the minor girls from the bar. I would love to come down and play some poker. Let me know when the next home game is. TGIF!!!!

1582900177515.png

What's up with all the negativity @soccermgr4.. Either your pretty freaking clueless about what's going on and without commen sense or trying to stir the pot and just want to add your two cent's that frankly no one really cares about or needs to hear right now. Myself included, who also happens to be a Team Manager for one of the Teams caught up in this mess, I actually have parent's that are already freaking out as it is while they trying to figure out a course for their child. I think it's pretty obvious that when they stated "Many Teams", they were obviously speaking post merger, so of course the existing club name/team "LASC" wouldn't have much going on for it as of now. Personally, I think LASC has a lot going on for them and what's the difference whether or not they own a bar/clubhouse in Hollywood. What they do and where they spend their time outside of youth soccer activities is their own business. Remember that the Bear's wore "Chico's Bail Bond's" on the back of their jersey's and no one catred. Everyone loved them and they even went on to play for a Champiionship underneath the lights of the Houston Astrodome.

Dude relax.

Threeyardsback did not say LASC had "lots of teams post merger" - he stated (correctly) that LASC has more than one team now if one "looked a little closer."

You don't have to be so dramatic - no one died here. A couple of former SoCal Academy coaches no longer want to work for LA Surf (and SGV Surf, Sotilo, and now OC Surf don't want to be with Surf either) so they are doing their own thing. A little (attempted) humor should not cause parents to "freak out," but the very essence of these forums is to offer opinions, ask questions, and comment on youth soccer in general.

Dude your posts have a rate of 2% usefulness/interesting. Stick to the subject. It’s annoying how you think people want to read your nonsense. Maybe you and that guy who defends you can exchange numbers and spare us.
I came on here to help Ginga. Braziliian? If I help 2 parents out of 100, I feel I have helped. The first 6 years of my dd youth soccer was pure soccer fun. The next 3 were out of a horror film. I have heard from parents over the last three years of some serious mental health issues going on with some of the girls who have played club soccer and college. Not all the girls, but enough to have a serious look at Depression, suicide, cutting one's self and many other health issue. Plus all the physical strain on the girls bodies. This year, great healthy coach but still too much travel. That is just my mho and some higher lever coaches agree with me. Tips for everyone including you @ginga. It all goes down to a coach. Find the right coach for one year, not club or "The Family." Make sure you have things in writing moving forward. One year at a time. Every team has people like me, Map, my buddy @RedCard, Luis or even someone like a Fact. 18 families becoming one family for one year might have a few nut jobs like me and some overly protective papa bears or tough mama bear. I say, keep it simple. I don't see much change this year at the looks of things. May 31st you will all know more.

“The opportunity to bring the Surf brand, mission, tools, and community to our players and families in North Charleston is something really special,’ said Neil Veloso, president of the North Area Soccer Association. “Surf is the most respected and successful youth club in the country."

Watch out for the tools you don;t know about, especially if you try and leave the Family. This is like the Brady Bunch. It's sounds special until you have to give up your own room (Greg) and share it with your two little brothers. Now we all found out what Greg was really up to,so to some, Greg was ok and it all went swell for the Brady Family.

Back