New LA Club

JV6

SILVER
As we who are/were part of LA Surf San Marino patiently wait for what this new club will be called, I wondered if you guys have any guesses? Just for fun!

But, LA Surf just announced (instagram) some dude as the San Marino director of something or other. No?

But, LA Surf just announced (instagram) some dude as the San Marino director of something or other. No?

Yes, LA Surf as a club isn't going anywhere. But the 3 clubs that made up LA Surf before the LA Premier merger are leaving to form a new club.

Yes, LA Surf as a club isn't going anywhere. But the 3 clubs that made up LA Surf before the LA Premier merger are leaving to form a new club.
That's not entirely true - a few San Marino teams might choose to leave, but many of the parents live close by and we're not going anywhere. San Marino High School is an awesome facility and many Surf coaches are staying there. It has been interesting with my daughter wearing several different uniforms in a relatively short period of time (Crown City, SoCal Academy, and then LA Surf in 3 successive years), but we love our coach and the facility so we're staying with LA Surf.

Also, that email sent out was strange and cryptic at best. SGV Surf and Sotilo already have facilities and coaches remaining in place (and together they had over half of the original LA Surf teams) so leaving LA Surf is really just a name change for them, but the SoCal/San Marino teams are a much different story. Field space in the SGV is very, very difficult to secure because we have several clubs (LA Surf, FC Golden State, GPS, Santa Anita FC, CZ Elite, etc) fighting for space with huge AYSO regions (13, 88, 214, etc) so it's not easy to start a new club. I was there when SoCal started and they had to operate under the Crown City umbrella because there was no other space available. Starting a new soccer club sounds like a great idea until one has to secure fields, obtain liability and work comp insurance, and create the infrastructure needed to bill out the parents, pay the coaches, etc.

We'll see what happens, but I'm not entirely sure the unnamed people behind the mysterious email know exactly what they are going to do at this time. SGV Surf and Sotilo appear to be set and ready to go it alone or as part of a new merged club. I'm not sure why Sotilo would merge with SGV Surf and the unnamed San Marino teams, but this is the world we live in it seems.

That's not entirely true - a few San Marino teams might choose to leave, but many of the parents live close by and we're not going anywhere. San Marino High School is an awesome facility and many Surf coaches are staying there. It has been interesting with my daughter wearing several different uniforms in a relatively short period of time (Crown City, SoCal Academy, and then LA Surf in 3 successive years), but we love our coach and the facility so we're staying with LA Surf.

Also, that email sent out was strange and cryptic at best. SGV Surf and Sotilo already have facilities and coaches remaining in place (and together they had over half of the original LA Surf teams) so leaving LA Surf is really just a name change for them, but the SoCal/San Marino teams are a much different story. Field space in the SGV is very, very difficult to secure because we have several clubs (LA Surf, FC Golden State, GPS, Santa Anita FC, CZ Elite, etc) fighting for space with huge AYSO regions (13, 88, 214, etc) so it's not easy to start a new club. I was there when SoCal started and they had to operate under the Crown City umbrella because there was no other space available. Starting a new soccer club sounds like a great idea until one has to secure fields, obtain liability and work comp insurance, and create the infrastructure needed to bill out the parents, pay the coaches, etc.

We'll see what happens, but I'm not entirely sure the unnamed people behind the mysterious email know exactly what they are going to do at this time. SGV Surf and Sotilo appear to be set and ready to go it alone or as part of a new merged club. I'm not sure why Sotilo would merge with SGV Surf and the unnamed San Marino teams, but this is the world we live in it seems.

Yes, we shall see. We were there for SCA as well, then Surf 1.0, Surf 2.0, and now Club Mystery. I'm pretty sure our coach is bailing, so we'll see what happens

Heard Chavez never "sold" the name SoCal Academy to Surf, he stills owns that name and brand, so maybe, just there will be a version 2.0 of SoCal Academy. Hell, I still have my SoCal hoodie and hat...lol (yeah, ain't gonna happen, dd is happy where she is)...

I like the name to market to the millions in LA. I would take out LASC in marketing piece and just have, "Los Angles Soccer Club." Simple and to the point. Work on the fonts a little and get going. 70 years in the making too and I like that. I would like to learn more about what it took to get to this historic moment of launch? My wife's sister has a friend in Baldwin park and is looking for their little stud who is like 7 and is already beating up 10 year olds in El Monte. How much for 7 year old? Where are the fields? Tryouts? What league? Good luck Soccer Club in LA :)

So far LA has some options: LAFC, LASC and soon I'm told, City Soccer Club of Los Angles plus LA Surf. Which is the best one to develop 7 year old? I'm serious everyone. What about Ole @Luis Andres? This kid is a stud. Single mom could use some help too. Any of these clubs have help money? He;s the real deal .

Back