New ECNL Clubs

Corona is going to change more than just travel. All this time away from crazy soccer life has to remind parents how life should be...ECNL offers families more choice, more time, more freedom and similar college exposure. It also gives clubs more freedom to run their soccer operations as they see fit. Clubs jumping the DA ship are giving their families what they want. The two teams offer is just the cherry on top. Look for one of the "smaller" SoCal DA clubs to jump first.

There will be changes in priorities and behavior due to this pandemic and its social and economic impacts. Costs for families are going to have to come down in the near term if club soccer is to continue to thrive. There has been (and will be) too much loss in wages, jobs, savings and wealth (not to mention lives) to expect the same level of support for $4-6k/year/player youth clubs and leagues.

The future of youth soccer will not be best served by two competing, high-cost national "elite" girls leagues. Perhaps new leadership at US Soccer will come to this realization. The level of regional competition and reduced travel that would result from some form of merger and a two bracket system (as needed in the larger regions, perhaps including mid-season bracket adjustments for competitive purposes) would be far superior to what we have now.

Well ECNL has made announcement regarding 2 new girls ECNL clubs. Both east coast teams.

I wonder how many total they will add? And will the SW division get any?

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague...soccer-as-member-club-for-the-2018-19-season/

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague...rheads-as-member-club-for-the-2018-19-season/
I wonder who knew what and when! Yep the politics of soccer with US Soccer and ECNL continues big time without regards for the players. Making an announcement to cancel DA when all they had to do was cancel the season then make announcement in June when school and finals are done. But instead they chose to do it in the middle of a pandemic and before finals. And... ECNL making their announcements too. They obviously have known for quite a while. This won't be forgotten for a very long time.

I wonder who knew what and when! Yep the politics of soccer with US Soccer and ECNL continues big time without regards for the players. Making an announcement to cancel DA when all they had to do was cancel the season then make announcement in June when school and finals are done. But instead they chose to do it in the middle of a pandemic and before finals. And... ECNL making their announcements too. They obviously have known for quite a while. This won't be forgotten for a very long time.
Those are both old announcements

If this is true, it's a smart strategy by ECNL, seems as though they have given up on socal and is admitting that socal belongs to DA so they are going after other parts of the country. Texas is still up for debate depending on who moves or stays. ECNL can then offer the best showcases with some of the best clubs if they attend. However, most of the people on this forum are from socal and so the question is will they sacrifice great competition week in and week out for a "possibility" of playing some really great clubs outside of socal? It is exciting to play a new team from a different state but is it worth the extra few thousand you have to pay?

Also, I ask again...if ECNL keeps giving every club two teams, how long before they give 3 or 4, etc....and then we are right back to the landscape of youth soccer where there is slammers/legends/big club team A, B, C, D, E, F......I feel like ECNL is really lowering the quality of competition. I know they are doing this to beat DA but now they are becoming part of the problem with development in the US.
Heard only (2) teams being added to Girls ECNL SW division for 2020 Season - San Diego Surf and RSC

total of 14 teams
They will be on the road a lot! Good luck with the I5 :)

They will be on the road a lot! Good luck with the I5 :)
I feel your pain bro. Eye five will be easy to drive brah!!!. Less traffic because of Corona. I would rather drive in my car for a competitive game then fly to Florida and kill teams 9-0 for hat tricks.

How much does ecnl teams typically charge per player? Is it the same price for boys vs girls too? Not including any travel or misc expenses.

Questions, Boys ECNL:

1.- Does anyone know if Eagles FC will be admitted?

2.- I'm still unclear, ECNL included FC Golden State in their announcement of "new clubs" but FCGS already had teams in ECNL. What does this mean? Will they have two teams per age group? If not, why did they announce it?

3.- What happens with LA Surf? is the current ECNL team screwed (playing Gold) and the DA team will play ECNL? will one they combine them and then disband the unlucky kids who don't make the cut?

4.- Have you seen the ECNL map for next season? You will notice LA Premier and not LA Surf. Is that just a residual mistake or can we start with our conspiracy theories now?

2020-21-Boys-ECNL-Club-Map-April-20th.jpeg

Questions, Boys ECNL:

2.- I'm still unclear, ECNL included FC Golden State in their announcement of "new clubs" but FCGS already had teams in ECNL. What does this mean? Will they have two teams per age group? If not, why did they announce it?

3.- What happens with LA Surf? is the current ECNL team screwed (playing Gold) and the DA team will play ECNL? will one they combine them and then disband the unlucky kids who don't make the cut?

4.- Have you seen the ECNL map for next season? You will notice LA Premier and not LA Surf. Is that just a residual mistake or can we start with our conspiracy theories now?

1. Not this year as far I have been informed
2. Yes....FCGS gets two boys teams
3. Combine.....but they only had limited boys DA program
4. lol I think it is just a residual mistake

Questions, Boys ECNL:

Interesting that neither OC Surf nor West Coast FC are listed. OC Surf had a Boys ECNL team last year.

It's also worth noting that a former DA club that had an ECNL team last year theoretically could still have a team in both the MLS league and in ECNL. FC Golden State may have negotiated to have both its former DA teams and its ECNL teams play in ECNL, but it's possible that the others in a similar situation (LA Surf, Legends, and OC Surf, if it stays in ECNL at all) could keep the teams in different leagues without placing them in CSL or SCDSL.

Just wondering the thoughts of the parents/boys for (Pats, Strikers, Real SoCal, Goldenstate) are you happy with the move to ECNL? Would you have preferred the MLS League?

Back