New ECNL Clubs

Interesting that neither OC Surf nor West Coast FC are listed. OC Surf had a Boys ECNL team last year.

It's also worth noting that a former DA club that had an ECNL team last year theoretically could still have a team in both the MLS league and in ECNL. FC Golden State may have negotiated to have both its former DA teams and its ECNL teams play in ECNL, but it's possible that the others in a similar situation (LA Surf, Legends, and OC Surf, if it stays in ECNL at all) could keep the teams in different leagues without placing them in CSL or SCDSL.
Why would LA Surf, Legends and OC Surf that have teams in ECNL not stay? And what do you think those different leagues would be?

Interesting that neither OC Surf nor West Coast FC are listed. OC Surf had a Boys ECNL team last year.

It's also worth noting that a former DA club that had an ECNL team last year theoretically could still have a team in both the MLS league and in ECNL. FC Golden State may have negotiated to have both its former DA teams and its ECNL teams play in ECNL, but it's possible that the others in a similar situation (LA Surf, Legends, and OC Surf, if it stays in ECNL at all) could keep the teams in different leagues without placing them in CSL or SCDSL.
Good call on West Coast. I think they cropped the image incorrectly. My guess is WC has inadvertently (not literally) cut off. LOL!

Good call on West Coast. I think they cropped the image incorrectly. My guess is WC has inadvertently (not literally) cut off. LOL!
I checked the original on the Boys ECNL website before I wrote that earlier reply and I swear West Coast wasn't on there. I just checked now and they have been added. Maybe someone was reading this!

As for LA Surf, Legends, and West Coast, I was suggesting they could keep their ECNL teams in ECNL, but put their former DA teams in the new MLS League. I have no information that this is being considered, but in one of the earlier threads about the new league someone suggested some clubs were considering having teams in both leagues (although they didn't identify the clubs).

San Diego Soccer Club boys are in the ECNL Southwest now, interesting.

Back