NEW ECNL CHAT

If the league or the member clubs are 501c3, then they claim to be running a charity to promote the game. That is different from claiming to run a private business.

Running a charity does not mean people should not be paid appropriately for the good work they do. And FYI, “appropriately” means as much money as allows them to run a financially sustainable program. If you’re paying yourself even $250k a year but keeping some children fit, opening college doors for them, and the non-profit isn’t losing money, by all means take it. If Joel Osteen can take home $50 million plus perks in his career while locking the doors to keep out the homeless and needy, certainly a guy running a youth soccer program who actually helps kids should be able to make 0.5% of that per year.

Regardless, “appropriately” does not mean what an anonymous internet poster who has never run a real business thinks is too much or unfair. Your belief that a non-profit soccer club’s goal should be “to promote the game” is just wrong. It is to try to provide whatever benefit the non-profit chooses, which comes in many different forms. Maybe exercise is enough for many kids. Maybe opening college doors. Maybe keeping kids out of trouble.

Running a charity does not mean people should not be paid appropriately for the good work they do. And FYI, “appropriately” means as much money as allows them to run a financially sustainable program. If you’re paying yourself even $250k a year but keeping some children fit, opening college doors for them, and the non-profit isn’t losing money, by all means take it. If Joel Osteen can take home $50 million plus perks in his career while locking the doors to keep out the homeless and needy, certainly a guy running a youth soccer program who actually helps kids should be able to make 0.5% of that per year.

Regardless, “appropriately” does not mean what an anonymous internet poster who has never run a real business thinks is too much or unfair. Your belief that a non-profit soccer club’s goal should be “to promote the game” is just wrong. It is to try to provide whatever benefit the non-profit chooses, which comes in many different forms. Maybe exercise is enough for many kids. Maybe opening college doors. Maybe keeping kids out of trouble.
I agree with you smartypants. I also appreciate your love for HS Soccer. Hmmmmm!!! I also understand now why you make fun of me for heading to surf for the freebies. Also, if a doc is making $250,000 a year, then by all means he too can give out some freebies to those in need.

At this point, ECNL deliberately throws up barriers that make it hard to schedule games for top level athletes.

How is that consistent with being a public benefit organization? You are directly harming the very people you claim to help.

Raise the game my ass.

At this point, ECNL deliberately throws up barriers that make it hard to schedule games for top level athletes.

How is that consistent with being a public benefit organization? You are directly harming the very people you claim to help.

Raise the game my ass.

I think you are confusing ECNL with GDA. You are also confusing “providing a public benefit” with “providing you personally with a benefit.” ECNL and member clubs unquestionably provide children with benefits. Whether they do it the way you want them to is your problem.

Joel Osteen has legally made over $50 million teaching the “prosperity gospel” while ignoring the homeless and destitute right outside his door. Claiming that ECNL and member clubs are not benefiting the public because a few daddies at Beach FC aren’t getting what they want or to their satisfaction is one of the pettiest and most pathetic things I’ve heard in a while, and that’s saying a lot given that @Ellejustus is posting every five minutes again.

I think you are confusing ECNL with GDA. You are also confusing “providing a public benefit” with “providing you personally with a benefit.” ECNL and member clubs unquestionably provide children with benefits. Whether they do it the way you want them to is your problem.

Joel Osteen has legally made over $50 million teaching the “prosperity gospel” while ignoring the homeless and destitute right outside his door. Claiming that ECNL and member clubs are not benefiting the public because a few daddies at Beach FC aren’t getting what they want or to their satisfaction is one of the pettiest and most pathetic things I’ve heard in a while, and that’s saying a lot given that @Ellejustus is posting every five minutes again.
Easy Tiger. I took my rocket out to the park for some PE for two hours and just got back. I'm grateful I get to be PE teacher and campus patrol officer at my house. My wife handles all the admin and homework. I only ask for one thing from her. What's the GPA? My mom volunteered her time once a week at Rev. Robert Schuller suicide hot line back in the late 70s. She did it for free for 10 years and was his mother of year one year. Plus, our family had a big write up in Life Magazine but the Vietnam War kept her story from being published. My mom would tell me some of the stories of people she helped to live another day and not give up. Some really bad stories of death of despair too I won;t share on here. Anyway, she fell on her face at one of his retreat centers he owned by the Ranch where all the Blues used to run around. I would be reminded at my dd practices back then of how he treated my mother so poorly and actually blamed her for tripping on one of those old Spanish walk ways that had no lights back then. After her deposition, he realized he made mistake and took care of her the right way as he should have. I'm good with all the top Revs and Docs making a few bucks but share a the loot too.

It is easy to confuse ECNL with GDA, because you are behaving in exactly the same manner, and deserve exactly the same respect. None.

If ECNL wants to run as a mutual benefit non-profit for the benefit of DOCs, then ask congess to change the tax laws. If you want to run as a public benefit corporation, then expect people to ask you to benefit the public.

So, to parents driving past a GA club in order to play an ECNL club 30 miles further away, remember that it was Blues and Slammers who did this to you. And they did it so they would have an excuse to raise your fees.

It is easy to confuse ECNL with GDA, because you are behaving in exactly the same manner, and deserve exactly the same respect. None.

If ECNL wants to run as a mutual benefit non-profit for the benefit of DOCs, then ask congess to change the tax laws. If you want to run as a public benefit corporation, then expect people to ask you to benefit the public.

So, to parents driving past a GA club in order to play an ECNL club 30 miles further away, remember that it was Blues and Slammers who did this to you. And they did it so they would have an excuse to raise your fees.

Huh, ECNL is fully compliant with the tax laws. You’re the one who wants them to do something that tax laws do not require. You’re the one who needs to ask Congress to change them, because ECNL and I are perfectly happy the way they are. Cha Ching!

If the tax laws were such that non-profit status depended on whether a particular person believes a non-profit is doing what it wants, I’d argue that Beach FC and Legends should be stripped of their non-profit status because they aren’t serving the interests of elite youth soccer players nearly as successfully as the clubs in ECNL. Specifically, they couldn’t make their own awesome league but, rather, they stupidly chose to take shortcuts by joining GDA although I told everyone it was doomed.

Easy Tiger. I took my rocket out to the park for some PE for two hours and just got back. I'm grateful I get to be PE teacher and campus patrol officer at my house. My wife handles all the admin and homework. I only ask for one thing from her. What's the GPA? My mom volunteered her time once a week at Rev. Robert Schuller suicide hot line back in the late 70s. She did it for free for 10 years and was his mother of year one year. Plus, our family had a big write up in Life Magazine but the Vietnam War kept her story from being published. My mom would tell me some of the stories of people she helped to live another day and not give up. Some really bad stories of death of despair too I won;t share on here. Anyway, she fell on her face at one of his retreat centers he owned by the Ranch where all the Blues used to run around. I would be reminded at my dd practices back then of how he treated my mother so poorly and actually blamed her for tripping on one of those old Spanish walk ways that had no lights back then. After her deposition, he realized he made mistake and took care of her the right way as he should have. I'm good with all the top Revs and Docs making a few bucks but share a the loot too.

I am sorry @dad4 for accusing you of saying things more petty and pathetic than @Ellejustus. I obviously was not thinking clearly.

I am sorry @dad4 for accusing you of saying things more petty and pathetic than @Ellejustus. I obviously was not thinking clearly.
Listen Darrell, I've just about had enough of you and all the others who have hurt my little old feelings about, you know..... Anyway, Slammers is the clear winner with two ECNL clubs. Did you hear that? Two, not one, but two. Blues won because they got paid for three years. Good for them too. Surf did well too and good for them. We all played the game and were all still standing. Let's stay positive.

Huh, ECNL is fully compliant with the tax laws. You’re the one who wants them to do something that tax laws do not require. You’re the one who needs to ask Congress to change them, because ECNL and I are perfectly happy the way they are. Cha Ching!

If the tax laws were such that non-profit status depended on whether a particular person believes a non-profit is doing what it wants, I’d argue that Beach FC and Legends should be stripped of their non-profit status because they aren’t serving the interests of elite youth soccer players nearly as successfully as the clubs in ECNL. Specifically, they couldn’t make their own awesome league but, rather, they stupidly chose to take shortcuts by joining GDA although I told everyone it was doomed.

They did make their own awesome league. It’s called GA.

Best of all, GA can solve their travel problems by taking a page from the ECNL playbook and accepting lots of good, but not exceptional, clubs. Without head to head competition, parents won’t know the difference.

ECNL can tell a story about how they are the only top league in the country with top teams like Blues. GA can tell a story about how they are the real top league, with great teams like Top Hat. And we can all drive past each other on our way to our diluted “elite” games.

Thanks, Slammers. Thanks, Blues. Great system. Genius.

Someone needs to start a GA conversation. There are legitimate and well respected DOCs and clubs involved. Not to trifle with. Good luck to David vs. Goliath.
"GAL" was a bad look and "GA" looks like it's a league for Tophat and all the teams from Georgia. I think the GA league has potential but the name has to go. "LOL" looks way better. Stands for, "Left out League." I wish we could all find a way to play each other. Enjoy the extra day off this weekend bro :)

Some of Top Hat’s players (parents?) petitioning to try to get ECNL.
When Club leaders, board members, doc’s, lawyers, etc. come together to negotiate how to merge as a new league, is a multi-party contract signed?

I’m asking cause yes, my daughter is on an awesome GA club team, great coach who is working hard to keep the girls engaged, motivated and prepared for when they get back on the field.
That also means that if Tophat parents get their way and Ellejustus’ prayers come true that Beach and Legends goes over to ECNL, the prospects for a strong GA are severely diminished. That would be an incredible bummer. (Let the David league have a crack at Goliath league!)

So back to my question. Is there a contract in place that binds the GA together for the 2020-21 season? Or can teams come and go at will with no repercussions? Thanks.

When Club leaders, board members, doc’s, lawyers, etc. come together to negotiate how to merge as a new league, is a multi-party contract signed?

I’m asking cause yes, my daughter is on an awesome GA club team, great coach who is working hard to keep the girls engaged, motivated and prepared for when they get back on the field.
That also means that if Tophat parents get their way and Ellejustus’ prayers come true that Beach and Legends goes over to ECNL, the prospects for a strong GA are severely diminished. That would be an incredible bummer. (Let the David league have a crack at Goliath league!)

So back to my question. Is there a contract in place that binds the GA together for the 2020-21 season? Or can teams come and go at will with no repercussions? Thanks.
I was praying for a few pals of mind bro and for the strongest teams to play one another for bragging rights. I petition Mr Lavers to allow the Top Hat and Beach and legends to the party for 2020-2021. This would bring unity to the ones that matter, the girls. Jump over to ECNL bro if you can. PM me, I have a few ideas...... Sorry about all this man. Its sucks for ALL the girls, it really does. I mean that 100%.

Beach and legends are not getting ecnl for 20-21 so we can shut that discussion down.

With due respect, SoccerGuru, if someone knows how these things work, I’d be interested in knowing before shutting this discussion down.

My understanding is that the DOCs from the other clubs have to vote to allow clubs to be added to the Region. Its obvious that the DOCs don’t want to add Legends, Beach or Tophat. I can’t imagine a petition will or can change it.

A petition? Do people just think that by getting a bunch of signatures they can change what a company does with its business?
If the petition doesn’t work- Maybe we can start a go fund me page. Those seem to be popular now when someone needs help.

Honest question.....Why is Tophat positioning to be in ECNL? I thought GAL was the best thing since sliced bread. The best of the DA but add high school Soccer back in.
At least that’s what the DOCs are telling the parents at our local GAL clubs. And they “chose to not go to ECNL”.

Back