NEW ECNL CHAT

If you watched tournament games where every 50/50 call went to the home team, would you sign up for that tournament? Or would you find a better use for your time?

Not everyone does it. Most companies would fire a hiring manager who brought in his friends without disclosing the connection and recusing himself.

AYSO has been able to set up standards for player selection that mostly keep coaches and dads from favoring their own. So have most symphonies. It is not that hard.

If YNT still allows coaches to bring along their own players, that's good to know. It means USSF does not want to set up an unbiased review process.

However, if that's the case, I won't advise kids to try out. If YNT gives every 50/50 to the home team, there are other games to play.
Bottome line is the process is and has been totally flawed and biased. What is important to note is that getting called up to a YNT is a great feather in the cap, but in the larger picture means very little in terms of making the full squad. There is much more worth and actual merit when making the U20, U23 and Full teams.

Hey, I had an undersized kid who played for a team that nobody knew at a club that had no special influence for a coach that is not well connected and she emerged somehow. I’m a person who thinks that the selection process is generally fair and reasonable. I came to that conclusion by watching the player pool carefully over a number of years and generally agreeing with the selections.
The last 3 years with DA, it has been anything but fair.

Futboldad, first off I said pretty much, not totally.
Second, I was talking about the clubs that left ECNL for DA and came back to ECNL. That doesn’t include Rebels, LA Surf, Arsenal or Sharks.
Arsenal has been in ECNL since Day 1. They have been loyal and have won a lot in ECNL (maybe not recently but historically). Legends and beach absolutely deserve to be in ECNL but they’ll have to qualify their way in through ECRL. Good or bad, ECNL isn’t going to kick out bottom dwellers to make room for the better clubs like Beach and Legends although it would be best for the competition.
LAG is gone so cross them off the list.
Real gets in because of their history and producing quality teams.
So there is no bias here. Just look at the history of the GDA teams that left ECNL and how they did in ECNL. The bottom of ECNL and the bottom of GDA are filler games for the conference and why clubs like OC Surf didn’t get back in to to ECNL.
As a Legends parent I'm disgusted at how ECNL is bracketing our club. We never left ECNL because we were never allowed in so how can you (ECNL) put us in the "B" flight? I'll throw Beach in there too. Your "B" flight will be stronger than your "A" flight and what sense does that make? My solution: have a simple qualifying playoff like CRL does. And I say who gives a shit that Arsenal, Sharks, etc have been loyal. There's no loyalty here. It's about finding the best of the best yearly and keeping them playing each other in the same league. What am I missing here? Come on ECNL, get your shit together. Otherwise, you're going to have another DA situation on your hands where you'll see a lot of player movement.

As a Legends parent I'm disgusted at how ECNL is bracketing our club. We never left ECNL because we were never allowed in so how can you (ECNL) put us in the "B" flight? I'll throw Beach in there too. Your "B" flight will be stronger than your "A" flight and what sense does that make? My solution: have a simple qualifying playoff like CRL does. And I say who gives a shit that Arsenal, Sharks, etc have been loyal. There's no loyalty here. It's about finding the best of the best yearly and keeping them playing each other in the same league. What am I missing here? Come on ECNL, get your shit together. Otherwise, you're going to have another DA situation on your hands where you'll see a lot of player movement.
Not without The List dude. The List was the bait on the hook. I agree with you, I think Beach & Legends need in this year. Something is not right and it sucks for the kids and parents. I asked Mr Lavers twice and still a no? I want you guys in big time. Be nice to the others. Timing is everything and they were at the right league at the right time. Just like my dd is at the right place at the right time. Three years ago, wrong place and yet we learned so many lessons about men and how they treat some ladies and girls.

And I say who gives a shit that Arsenal, Sharks, etc have been loyal. There's no loyalty here
I get your frustration but we do not know what was said in regards to Legends and Beach. Maybe they did not commit to "all in " because they were waiting to see what DA did. Or maybe they always wanted to play two leagues. Does any one know specifics?

I know a parent who was told by a certain quakes coach earlier this year that if they brought their DD to quakes - she'd def be invited to next NTC/talent identification camp, whatever they're calling it these days. Sure that happens a lot...

Interesting take on loyalty. If you want into ECNL so badly then join Arsenal. Who gives a sh*t that your DD has been with her team for x amount of time. ECNL teams are available for those good enough to make them. You got to roll with the punches or get left out.

No. He ran it for maybe 2 years. Eventually got pushed out for basically recruiting/taking kids from that program but you can guess who nominates to national team coaches. Of course some quakes04 kids deserve it but not 6 vs 0 mvla
I knew about the PDP in region 2 of NorCal as we had that interaction with him, but my daughter didn't like the interactions at the "tryouts" with the other girls that were already in. She was invited back, but didn't want to go, so we didn't.

Easy to blame it on ECNL. Why don't you ask your director about his relationship with Lavers. Maybe just maybe your guy burned that bridge for you.

Interesting take on loyalty. If you want into ECNL so badly then join Arsenal. Who gives a sh*t that your DD has been with her team for x amount of time. ECNL teams are available for those good enough to make them. You got to roll with the punches or get left out.
By that logic, why didn’t girls jump to DA if they wanted to be on the National team.

My answer, they shouldn’t have too....that applies to both statements.

No. He ran it for maybe 2 years. Eventually got pushed out for basically recruiting/taking kids from that program but you can guess who nominates to national team coaches. Of course some quakes04 kids deserve it but not 6 vs 0 mvla
Interesting to see how these TCs were really used for. I too was told how to make The List. We had no U14 National team ever back in 2015 and they were looking to build one. This would be the youngest team ever to take on the likes of Spain. Trips to Europe and even pros for the top top players i was sold and 100% fully funded. I was pissed off at my daughters only TC invite. She got bad marks in her only eval and the good Doctor did not invite her back. I had no idea he was the Director too of the San Diego TC and the one who invites and uninvites as he sees fit. Do what the doctor asks, and you have a better chance at The List. Go against the Doctors orders and kiss that dream good bye. Sounds so healthy to me and just the kind of Doctor I want as a roll model for my precious baby girl. No thanks and we left too.

By that logic, why didn’t girls jump to DA if they wanted to be on the National team.

ECNL is a privately run league. They can invite who they want. If you want to play in it, go join an ECNL team. If you want to play for Legends, then do so.

Kicker, I always argued the issues with that failed league was the use of "The List" to take top players to come over to the GDA access to YNT league. ECNL was and is a private company and only sold access to college coaches a few times a year at their showcase. That is a big difference than waving the YNT wand and trick folks. My dd was banned from the league because she fought for HS Soccer and was not the right fit for the snitches. Karma is a bitch. You should never, ever mess with any little girls dreams. I mean that. "come over hear and you will make ID Camp or this or that." My kid is one of thousands who have watched the WNT team win gold and world cups left and right and that is one of the reasons she still plays the game. My dd is a winner and what some assholes did to her and other little girls with dreams was dumb and not wise.

I think its BS to use the United States of America's U14 YNT List to float around on a hook to steal customers from other clubs to your club. These weren;t coaches forming a team either. These were Docs forming a list of 12 and 13 years so they could put them on their website and get more kids to sign up. From that list, they advertised on social media that their club develops world class players that turn into NTP. The little little kids sign up and the club makes lot's of money and that is how you win at club soccer.

Whaaaah. Kids can play for whomever they want. If they find a better option who can better advance their interests, good for them. It’s not like any YNT roster is a secret. If you’re a better coach who can provide better opportunity, by all means go get ‘em. It’s certainly more ethical for a coach to bring in kids based in the coach’s hard work than one who just bribes a dad by offering his kid a free ride. Regardless, if there was ever someone in favor of mobility, one would think you are the guy.

My point was that if you’re going to argue screw loyalty then it shouldn’t be a big deal to follow the shiny object aka ECNL club.

On your point, if I felt my child was good enough for the YNT and her current club was an obstacle then I would put her where it most benefited her. Some times that changes year to year but hopefully it doesn’t.

The haves never give to the have nots for nothing; that is something you need to accept to have any chance of moving up. You need to offer them something that outweighs the risk that you might take their customers. Being good competition isn’t enough because there is already good competition. You need to be able to show that not letting you into the A bracket hurts their financial bottom line.

ECNL is a privately run league. They can invite who they want. If you want to play in it, go join an ECNL team. If you want to play for Legends, then do so.
If the league or the member clubs are 501c3, then they claim to be running a charity to promote the game. That is different from claiming to run a private business.

I have always said that Legends and Beach should have been allowed in and are great clubs but it does sound like whoever is in charge burned a bridge with ecnl. Also, I understand the frustration but to say beach, legends and Pats are a better league than slammers, blues, SD surf, strikers and real so cal....probably not the best argument you could make.

Back