NEW ECNL CHAT

Return to play recommendations

Video:

Only 2 states so far with 3 more listed between now and June 15.

Starts with 9 players and a coach and not until phase 5 full play, 2 weeks each phase so 6-10 weeks minium once started.

"6-10 weeks minimum" once began? Where do you get number bigger than 6 weeks from? Are you meaning until they can play league games? Even then it is 6 weeks. Genuinely asking as maybe you misread it or maybe I did.....

Phase 1 which is 2 weeks at home is already complete...... then Phase 2 which is 2 weeks with 9 + coach..... then Phase 3 which is 2 weeks with 18 + coach...... then Phase 4 is 2 weeks of unrestricted team training before formal competition.......

So how I read it is once cleared to return it is 4 weeks of no contact training after which you can begin scrimmages and then 2 weeks of contact training before you can get into Phase 5 of tournaments or league games.....

"6-10 weeks minimum" once began? Where do you get number bigger than 6 weeks from? Are you meaning until they can play league games? Even then it is 6 weeks. Genuinely asking as maybe you misread it or maybe I did.....

Phase 1 which is 2 weeks at home is already complete...... then Phase 2 which is 2 weeks with 9 + coach..... then Phase 3 which is 2 weeks with 18 + coach...... then Phase 4 is 2 weeks of unrestricted team training before formal competition.......

So how I read it is once cleared to return it is 4 weeks of no contact training after which you can begin scrimmages and then 2 weeks of contact training before you can get into Phase 5 of tournaments or league games.....

6 weeks is the minimum if you meet all the guidelines, 2 weeks each phase. Page 4 in the PDF. 5x2 =10 wks but could be 6,8,or 10 weeks thus the 6-10.

Olders haven't played in 3-4 months getting back to full play in less than 10 weeks would be challenge for them, maybe 6 weeks for youngers or so but depends as the guidelines suggest. We're all hopefully but that's there guidelines.

6 weeks is the minimum if you meet all the guidelines, 2 weeks each phase. Page 4 in the PDF. 5x2 =10 weeks.

Olders haven't played in 3-4 months getting back to full play in less than 10 weeks would be challenge for them, maybe 6 weeks for youngers or so but depends as the guidelines suggest.

Got it..... but the two weeks for training at home is what every ECNL player or team should have been doing anyway and they do not need clearance for that to begin right now if they had not been .....

Got it..... but the two weeks for training at home is what every ECNL player or team should have been doing anyway and they do not need clearance for that to begin right now if they had not been .....

Yes they should have plenty of lead time to get those first two weeks in.

The 2nd phase is only 9 players + coach so that's going to be a challenge with double that amount and field availability, can that get done in only 2 weeks?

None of this PDF really matters until your county hits phase 3. For many that could be first 2 weeks of June and could be on pace to play 11v11 games when normal ECNL league season would begin. Other counties may not follow that final step. Will counties that don't have main HS fall sports going allow fields to be used for club soccer normal games? I imagine many use city and school fields. Some may have their own field but a small percentage.

as i posted in another thread, don't forget that if your state/county is still requiring facemasks if within 6ft then all players will have to wear them if they are going to play anything that resembles normal soccer. Facemask requirement will likely be the last to be repealed, especially here in Cali.

ECNL now has 9 regions.

North East- 9 teams
North Atlantic- 9 teams
Ohio Valley- 10 teams
Midwest- 11 teams
South East- 12 teams
Texas- 12 teams
Mid Atlantic- 13 teams
South West- 14 teams
North West- 23 teams

Wonder if they eventually split up the North West into 8/8/7 or 16/7?

I'd expect clubs like Beach, Legends, West Coast, Pats, Sporting Blue Valley & FC Virginia (who are playing in ECNL-R this year) to be strong candidates for next season.

Question about ECNL fees: Is it typical for a club to ask for an upfront payment of both fall and spring seasons? DA fees were split in to two seasons.

yes it is.... as it is one season just with a high school break in the middle
Every club is different. We pay for Fall and Spring separately. Our club requires us to put down a non-refundable deposit in order to reserve our roster spot on the ECNL team. The remainder of the balance for the Fall season can be paid in full or in installments once we return to the field. We have to do the same thing in the Spring.

Every club is different. We pay for Fall and Spring separately. Our club requires us to put down a non-refundable deposit in order to reserve our roster spot on the ECNL team. The remainder of the balance for the Fall season can be paid in full or in installments once we return to the field. We have to do the same thing in the Spring.
or pay in full and get 10% off. Might not be worth the 10% savings if no soccer is played and you cant get your money back. Easy call this year for my family :)

payment durations yes this is correct..... contract is for full year though.... but maybe your club does that differently I only have personal experience at a couple of bigger clubs

every club team whether SCDSL, ECNL, DA or CSL has required full payment at the beginning of the season. Most had some payment plan options where you could split it up over a few months but everything had to be paid typically by Oct.

My kids are at two different clubs. Daughter plays ECNL. My son is younger and plays locally. Both clubs reduced the initial deposits to accept their spot for the year. Daughter’s club was $250. Son’s was only $50. I think deposits were about $600 each last year. Paying the deposit contractually binds you for the year.

Neither club raised prices this year and both offered refunds ($600 & $800) to apply towards tuition for 20/21 season. Both clubs offered pay in full, quarterly or monthly payment plans.

Overall I think they have been very fair about it. I’ve also heard that both clubs have been accommodating to parents who may have lost their jobs. Essentially taking the position they’d work something out financially and would have a spot for every kid who played with them last year. May not be on the same team, but no one was getting tossed out of the club for $ reasons or because a better 9 year old showed up this year.

Back