NEW ECNL CHAT

The GA league is not going to have top teams or talent..... that is just the truth, but I'm sure some DOCs are selling it hard after being shut out by the ECNL.....

Honest question.....Why is Tophat positioning to be in ECNL? I thought GAL was the best thing since sliced bread. The best of the DA but add high school Soccer back in.
At least that’s what the DOCs are telling the parents at our local GAL clubs. And they “chose to not go to ECNL”.

So Tasty!!!
1590281813024.png

As long as ECNL is excluding great clubs, you will find great clubs in GA. GA might become weak if ECNL ever goes pro-rel, but don’t hold your breath for that.

As long as ECNL is excluding great clubs, you will find great clubs in GA. GA might become weak if ECNL ever goes pro-rel, but don’t hold your breath for that.
GAL has not even begun. It cannot 'become weak'. It does not even exist yet other than in people's minds. It has no central leadership headquarters (like ECNL or DA). It is a bunch of clubs trying to hold onto players by throwing together a league on a few days notice. The task they are taking on is enormous. Do not underestimate what they are walking into. A league is a mammoth task.

GAL has not even begun. It cannot 'become weak'. It does not even exist yet other than in people's minds. It has no central leadership headquarters (like ECNL or DA). It is a bunch of clubs trying to hold onto players by throwing together a league on a few days notice. The task they are taking on is enormous. Do not underestimate what they are walking into. A league is a mammoth task.
Mammoth task? Yeah, just count the thousands and thousands of local leagues that have folded over the years because no one could figure out how to use scheduling software. Remember when every little league team west of the Hudson folded because no one knew how to create a website?

Not buying it. Hard work? Sure. Needs to be done? Absolutely. Mammoth task? No way.

They will buy some scheduling software, create a schedule, and organize games. That’s a league. You don’t need a mansion in Chicago. You need games.

Mammoth task? Yeah, just count the thousands and thousands of local leagues that have folded over the years because no one could figure out how to use scheduling software. Remember when every little league team west of the Hudson folded because no one knew how to create a website?

Not buying it. Hard work? Sure. Needs to be done? Absolutely. Mammoth task? No way.

They will buy some scheduling software, create a schedule, and organize games. That’s a league. You don’t need a mansion in Chicago. You need games.
This is a National League, not a local one. There is no comparison. The nature of a national league makes things much more complex to run. For example, conferences span multiple states, and those states often times have high school soccer at different times of the year, causing the scheduling of games across state lines to be a tricky task. There will be at least a half dozen showcases all over the country, and it takes a year to plan each one. If you've ever been to and ECNL or GDA showcase, you'd realize how much planning and organization has to go into each showcase. Have you ever been to one? Think of organizing more than a half dozen Surf Cups at different venues all over the country at different times of the year, plus playoffs and finals. Downplay the effort all you want, but you comparing it to a local league lets me know all I need to know about your level of knowledge about how these leagues work.
If US soccer, with all of it's resources, couldn't succeed with their national league, the success of the new GA league is far for assured.

The GA league is not going to have top teams or talent..... that is just the truth, but I'm sure some DOCs are selling it hard after being shut out by the ECNL.....
That would imply that the weakest player on any given ECNL team is stronger than the best player on any given GA team. Or is that not quite what you meant to say?

Our DOC cares not one whit about being in ECNL or not. Focus is on getting the girls ready to play in the GA.

That would imply that the weakest player on any given ECNL team is stronger than the best player on any given GA team. Or is that not quite what you meant to say?

Our DOC cares not one whit about being in ECNL or not. Focus is on getting the girls ready to play in the GA.
And yes, I am throwing my hopes behind the GA. Trust the organization my daughter is with and away we go!

I’m sure ECNL is stacked with talent and skill, but not every player from former DA suddenly went poof and landed on an ECNL team.

Wish your player (s) a great upcoming season.

Is your club in the ECNL Regional League? If so, I suspect your DOC does care a lot about being in ECNL. Did your club try to get into ECNL? If so I suspect your DOC cares a lot about being in ECNL.

This is a National League, not a local one. There is no comparison. The nature of a national league makes things much more complex to run. For example, conferences span multiple states, and those states often times have high school soccer at different times of the year, causing the scheduling of games across state lines to be a tricky task. There will be at least a half dozen showcases all over the country, and it takes a year to plan each one. If you've ever been to and ECNL or GDA showcase, you'd realize how much planning and organization has to go into each showcase. Have you ever been to one? Think of organizing more than a half dozen Surf Cups at different venues all over the country at different times of the year, plus playoffs and finals. Downplay the effort all you want, but you comparing it to a local league lets me know all I need to know about your level of knowledge about how these leagues work.
If US soccer, with all of it's resources, couldn't succeed with their national league, the success of the new GA league is far for assured.
Your argument is that DA/GA clubs dont know how to run showcases?

Top Hat runs one already. Nor are they the only GA club who know how to run a large tournament.

Enough with sowing fear. Yes, they have a lot of work to do. I wish them luck.

I presume there is something like an annual fee the clubs pay to ECNL or GA for each season to cover administration. Since GA has no infrastructure for this, are the fees higher? If the fed couldn't support it, it seems like GA costs have to now be covered by the membership. How does this work?

Is your club in the ECNL Regional League? If so, I suspect your DOC does care a lot about being in ECNL. Did your club try to get into ECNL? If so I suspect your DOC cares a lot about being in ECNL.

you could be right...maybe he did care but moved on to become a key founding member of the GA.

you could be right...maybe he did care but moved on to become a key founding member of the GA.
Hey bro, I remember when you first came on here. I love the work ethic of your dd and how she's kicking ass. GAL in Socal will be strong and we should all respect each league in Socal. I could start a new thread, SW ECNL vs SW GALs...the toxic war continues in Socal? I can say if the top GAL teams keep most of their top goats, the best team in Socal could come from a GAL team. We should have a socal championship game at the end of next season between the top SW ECNL team and the top SW GAL team. I like that your standing up for your league.

BTW, I just saw a video of the next great one. Only 6 years old......

@Luis Andres. Tell Flash she has someone on her heels big time. @MacDre, my dd is the Rocket. I was curious if your dd has a super power? I know she is smart. I remember my old HS Catcher Damon Berryhill telling me about catching the great Greg Maddox. Maddox would only let Bear catch him, no one else. He would tell me that Maddox was a geek and nerd and the nicest guy in the world. But when he pitched, he became a silent assassin when those glasses came off. Happy Memorial Day Weekend to the both of you :)

Your argument is that DA/GA clubs dont know how to run showcases?

Top Hat runs one already. Nor are they the only GA club who know how to run a large tournament.

Enough with sowing fear. Yes, they have a lot of work to do. I wish them luck.
LOL. That's you're entire takeaway from that? Way to totally miss the entire point. Showcases and scheduling are just two small examples why a national league is different than a local league. Stick to NorCal NPL, my dude, and quit crying about two leagues you're not involved in.

Hey bro, I remember when you first came on here. I love the work ethic of your dd and how she's kicking ass. GAL in Socal will be strong and we should all respect each league in Socal. I could start a new thread, SW ECNL vs SW GALs...the toxic war continues in Socal? I can say if the top GAL teams keep most of their top goats, the best team in Socal could come from a GAL team. We should have a socal championship game at the end of next season between the top SW ECNL team and the top SW GAL team. I like that your standing up for your league.
Let’s hope maybe it isn’t toxic..?

watching Köln vs Düsseldorf playing right now...two cities a half hour apart with total disdain for people from opposing city!

Back