NCAA eligibility questions

Fazeglory

BRONZE
NCAA Sports eligibility question. Upon registering for the eligibility center it asks “Have you practiced or played with any Men's Soccer teams or clubs since turning 14 years old?”
Is this referring to club soccer? Youth MLS next or EcNl? Or is it specifically for professional men’s soccer team? What does NCAA define as to Men’s soccer team

NCAA Sports eligibility question. Upon registering for the eligibility center it asks “Have you practiced or played with any Men's Soccer teams or clubs since turning 14 years old?”
Is this referring to club soccer? Youth MLS next or EcNl? Or is it specifically for professional men’s soccer team? What does NCAA define as to Men’s soccer team
I would parse it as "men's soccer teams or men's clubs.". So, pro or semi pro. They don't mean that one time he played at the company picnic.

Happy to defer to those with more experience on this, though.

I would think everyones answer to that would be yes. If your going to play college your definitely playing on a club team at 14 years old.
We were confused a bit as well.

It includes youth clubs as well. It was a confusing question. So YES. I think there is another question about if you received any money, which should be no.

Honestly if I'm filling that out for my kid I'm putting no. They want to know if they ever got paid to play. If I was questioned why did I put no I would say. He didn't play on any "Men's" teams. He played for a Youth club since 14 to now.

all of the NCAA eligibility questions are about whether your player is an amateur or ever received compensation of any kind. They don't care about what level you played at or how good you are. You are not answering these questions to prove your skills or level of play - only if you are eligible to play in college so be careful how you answer it otherwise you will kill your eligibility if you answer that you have been paid or compensated in anyway.

Back