National cup

jpeter

PREMIER
All CRL games have been suspended until April 15, 2020. US Youth has suspended league programs and conference activities. Pacific Conference powered by CRL being part of US Youth conference activities has to suspended play until April 15, 2020.

We will follow up with further information in the upcoming weeks.

A lot of clubs are cancelling operations, in addition to college and professional sports. I can’t imagine Cal South will go forward with the State and National cup games...

jpeter

PREMIER
Any update of cancelation of the National Cup for Olders beyond April 17?
No but with the Governor's order for 30days at least or future notice the earliest they could even start to think about rescheduling or resuming activities is April 21st but more like May before they get going again

With LA county Schools closed to may 4th at least or beyond practice space to get training again is going to be another challenge.

At this point I would say any competitions until the later parts of May would be a Longshot.

No but with the Governor's order for 30days at least or future notice the earliest they could even start to think about rescheduling or resuming activities is April 21st but more like May before they get going again

With LA county Schools closed to may 4th at least or beyond practice space to get training again is going to be another challenge.

At this point I would say any competitions until the later parts of May would be a Longshot.
Im with you on this man. I don't think we see a 2019 cali national cup for olders.

I called Cal South a few days ago to try to get an update on what they are thinking and got nowhere. They held to the line that they are just postponed. At this point we would be running into times where families already have other plans.

Has anyone actually pulled out yet and received a refund?

By April 17th we should have a good idea on if we have turned the corner on this. California will have either peaked at under 100K cases and is finally slowing down, or we will have 500K cases with no end in sight. Warmer weather, better precautions, people being smarter, has me thinking it will be the former.

the virus is a minimum of 8-10 weeks cycle for each state. we are in week 2. 6 weeks from now is may 15. then you go back to social distancing with groups less than 10 for 3-4 weeks minimum. that gets you to june 15 before soccer can be played in any form. i can see july 4 being an inspirational date to open back up for business for politicians, but that would be the earliest, best case scenario. just like gas prices go up a lot faster than they come down, politicians will be very very conservative and hesitant to relax isolation level orders. August 1 a more likely target date for normal soccer operations. soccer in other states like NV/AZ likely will start sooner than CA.