National Cup Ranking/Seeding

greekgirl

SILVER
Maybe it's just me but does it seem strange that some of the teams that are ranked in the top 10 aren't doing so well at National Cup? Are these rankings just BS?

For example:
  • Beach FC ranked #2, currently sitting in 3rd in their bracket having tied to #23 and #31 ranked teams
  • CDA Slammers ranked #4, lost to #29 ranked team
Thoughts?

They have a hard time ranking college football and basketball teams. Plenty of upsets happen every week. And those games are on TV for everyone to watch.
Youth Soccer rankings are an algorithm using a lot of data that doesn't always match up.

They have a hard time ranking college football and basketball teams. Plenty of upsets happen every week. And those games are on TV for everyone to watch.
Youth Soccer rankings are an algorithm using a lot of data that doesn't always match up.

Not only what you said these lower ranked teams have been playing meaningful games while the higher ranked teams had byes to the second round. Sometime getting moving and playing well does good for some teams rd rather than sitting back scrimmaging and waiting.

Maybe it's just me but does it seem strange that some of the teams that are ranked in the top 10 aren't doing so well at National Cup? Are these rankings just BS?

For example:
  • Beach FC ranked #2, currently sitting in 3rd in their bracket having tied to #23 and #31 ranked teams
Thoughts?
I know that Beach has at least 3 major injuries. Not sure but that could have some affect on their results.

For example:
Thoughts?
I know both teams mentioned have 3-4 starters out with injury which makes a huge difference. Both teams went to Hawaii last summer for Far West Regionals then right into CRL, league, and then high school so not surprising to hear of so many injuries including several knee issues/surgeries with very little time off to get healthy. I have also heard some players have left for DA/ECNL and are not playing national cup. So goes soccer.... one team's misfortune is an opportunity for another team. Lets see what this weekend brings for the 04's.

Back